It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would speak of Christ and the Anti-Christ.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

You have stated in past post that your not a Christian, so why all your posts against it?

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JON666

The Christian Gospel is this:

Since we humans are all in a default state of damnation
it was necessary for God the Father to send His Son Jesus
to die for us, a substitute.

God, having found that sacrifice to be sufficient, demonstrated
His acceptance by raising His Son to life
and elevating Him to the highest throne
and Name.

By believing in this death and resurrection
mortal humans may be assured of their own
resurrection and eternal life.
--------------------
This imposes upon humanity a dichotomy between believer and unbeliever; saved and lost; righteous and wicked.

If a person truly believes that they have in fact attained everlasting life then should they not be free to accept others, whether they believe or not, as equals in the sight of God?

The answer should be yes, but the dichotomy remains. The individual is either a believer, potential believer, or rejecter (damned). There is no other option. The dichotomy remains as a framework, a barrier wall of separation. There is no freedom.

I was flipping through online Protestant Christian confessions of faith and noticed that Protestants are actually afraid of good works. The good things that they should do are bound up in such a way that they are not a threat to the "free gift of salvation through faith alone".

The freedom for one individual to treat another individual with every bit of dignity they deserve as an individual is lost.

And that is why I post against Christianity.

It is fine by me if a person wants to believe the Christian Gospel. I will treat them with the respect they deserve as an individual human like myself. No more, no less.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: iammrhappy86

My friend, you understand the plight of our Father and his Sons truly.

Can you explain who the Father and his Sons are?

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I am happy you see wisdom in Tao te Ching. The quote has certain purity about it which reminds me of buddhism. Buddhism teaches that when the mind uses labels such as God, Creator etc, the minds imagination will fill in the unknowns qualities for that label with nonsense, which in turn promotes dogma. So when you label a bird, [a bird] you will never see the real bird again.

I am not sure whether the labels Dualistic or Monistic covers all the bases. Which brings us back to pooping zen masters (I thought was both funny and clever). The NOW is what I personally consider a key to enlightenment. Something, I didn't really comprehend until I recently read text from a 17th century german friar (like you, it was like an enormous aha moment that pulled all the past peaces of puzzle together).

The red dot on Hindu's forehead is what the west terms the third eye. Its not really something that is acquired. it is our seat of conciousness that has been with us since birth. Our seat of conciousness is the divine eye of God or as christains call it, the witness. For most of us, lost to ego, that eye is flooded with the brains nonsense, which operates in past and/or future modes, in which the nameless doesn't exists. So in effect when we dream of past happenings, or future wants, we are turning our back on the nameless.

So to unite with the nameless (the Father and Son are one), we must continually pull our awareness back into the Now. When we meditate, it trains the mind to cease its incredible roar (of noise), so in effect, allows us to hear the incredible subtle thoughts that derive from the divine eye of the nameless in the Now. When younger, I had experiences after months of deep meditation. A meditation that allowed me to enter a void of nothingness where breathing and all other sensation was totally cutoff from awareness. After which, I starting recieving thoughts from people around me as clear as my own thoughts. Their thoughts were my thoughts which I now understand were from the divine seat of conciousness. Then I had to go back to work and the roar of noise from the brain prevailed.

So I suspect (but don't know) that the human form is nothing more than a vessel for the divine to experience all that can be experienced. aka To know thyself. Perhaps we are something equatable to neuron in a brain the size of the universe. I will have to wait until you read more chapters of Tao te Ching to find out. The suspense is killing me!
edit on 22-8-2020 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   

One day perhaps, I will share my thoughts fully on the matter.
For now, I rather enjoy learning from your combined wisdom.

For this Truth most Holy is attainable by All, not just He who is "praised in embelished and glorified grandeur" to be pre-destined to wield this Sword Almighty and rid the the world (Ironically) of the influence of this 'prophesized Beast'.

For Now, I offer this. I consider our Father, He who from his breath imparted a great wisdom onto Man; He who would offer us All the entirety of his Being. He of whom's flesh we feed in blissful unknowing.

Are we not All his Sons and Daughters?

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

So I suspect (but don't know) that the human form is nothing more than a vessel for the divine to experience all that can be experienced. aka To know thyself. Perhaps we are something equatable to neuron in a brain the size of the universe. [...]

I would suggest you look at the imagings of what we see as we look inwards, and what we see when we look outwards.
For your word speaks of this.

EDIT: I would yet claim that the 'human form' is SO MUCH MORE!
edit on 8/22/2020 by iammrhappy86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   

To tell you the truth iammrhappy86, I was only able to enter the void of nothingness after preparing to die. So having substance moreso than nothingness, doesn't light my candle. I guess I cannot be dissapointed, either way!

In the Hindu upanishads, the sheaths which cover the soul (Atman) are called koshas. They are veils that hide our true nature. I am guessing that your method is to unravel those sheaths. I personally dont think I have the brain power to introspect myself in such a way.

added.. I should have added that upanishads also state that when all the sheaths are removed what remains is emptiness. That emptiness meaning being void of any self. Which reminds me of christian saying "The Father and Son are one".

I am just happy to adopt kindness. Come what may.
edit on 22-8-2020 by glend because: addition

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I rather enjoy learning from your combined wisdom.

I just checked my small wisdom cask.

Pretty much tapped out at the moment.

Are we not All his Sons and Daughters?

I choose to act as though it is so.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I will have to wait until you read more chapters of Tao te Ching to find out. The suspense is killing me!

What would happen if I stayed on chapter 1.
That's free on the internet.

Then there's Desiderata.
There's a copy of that right on Wikipedia.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

ignorance is bliss they say!

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Ignorance is free.
Why ignorance has never cost me a single ...

Okay. I'll get the book.

Speaking of bliss:

In its original form, Taoism is not a religion. Gods and the afterlife are vague, almost non-existent. It is all about here and now: how to live a pleasant life, without causing unnecessary commotion or distress.

Tao, the Way, is a kind of natural law behind all of creation. The one who can harmonize with it is sure to find bliss.
Taoist Philosphy and Religion

While I wait for the book to get here, I'll just read the free information.
edit on 22-8-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Something Khadro-la said in one of her interviews surprized me, She said many people use meditation to try advance themselves. But in the end it merely rests the brain. It does not bring about a kind heart. That sounds a bit like what the Tao is promoting. A means to live life in harmony.

I will be interested see what you make of the remainder of the book.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend

ignorance is bliss they say!

Among my dearests of Truths. ^_^

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend

To tell you the truth iammrhappy86, I was only able to enter the void of nothingness after preparing to die. So having substance moreso than nothingness, doesn't light my candle. I guess I cannot be dissapointed, either way!

In the Hindu upanishads, the sheaths which cover the soul (Atman) are called koshas. They are veils that hide our true nature. I am guessing that your method is to unravel those sheaths. I personally dont think I have the brain power to introspect myself in such a way.

added.. I should have added that upanishads also state that when all the sheaths are removed what remains is emptiness. That emptiness meaning being void of any self. Which reminds me of christian saying "The Father and Son are one".

I am just happy to adopt kindness. Come what may.

You claim to lack the brain power, yet you still teach me!

Let me be clear in saying this. Our physical form is capable of much, much, Much more than we've been led to believe. We have conditioned our bodies over generations to fit our chosen Way. We have starved our spirits, and have filled out bellies with the flesh. Today, this we consider natural and our own scientists would daresay so, and they would speak True, yet it would be as a mirror, for they know Not.

Humanity will need to UN-Learn much, nearly all things we would so claim to have established as Truth.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 03:41 AM
link   
It's all about the power of now!

God is now.

The Thich Nhat Hanh video....Touching Reality spoke of being with a flower stops past and future thought stories.

If one sees and hears what is now then the peace that is longed for is found.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 06:30 AM
link   

thank you iammrhappy86 :0

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   

It does not bring about a kind heart.

So I read the first 14 chapters of the James Legge translation of 1891, which is available on line.

IT'S FREEDOM to be as kind as you want to be.
There is no compulsion to understand anything that you don't already understand. Like Khadro-la said ,"If you don't understand something now then just set it aside, later you may." (paraphrase).

When the book gets here I will give it the honored position in my reading alcove ( bathroom reader ) with my best bookmarker.

edit on 23-8-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Thich Nhat Hanh spoke of being trapped in the past.

He can't speak any more, after learning so many languages so that he could speak to many.

One thing that I would ask him if I could, "Can you now, in the present moment, touch the memories of your past ?"

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

If it is said that Christ is without Sin, and that the Anti-Christ stands opposite him, can we not surmise then that He who opposes Him is the root of all Sin of Mankind?

Not really if you consider that sin is evil. Evil was created by God for all of that which H e created. Then along with this evil is the choice of either accepting or rejecting evil by every independent entity of both animate and inanimate entities.

By this I am to understand that there are many Anti Christ's according to NT scriptures. The fault cannot be accredited to only one entity when each of the trillions of pro created souls have a choice in the matter. Even the fig tree disobeyed Its creator so sin is instilled in all creation by creation.

Then we have the judgement of each and every person on earth and that includes Abraham,Moses Enoch and Elijah. If the Anti Christ is the root of all sin then the judgment would not be needed.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Your truth is deep. I admire this. ^_^

Perhaps then, could this "Day of Judgment" truly be our Great Pretender's Own?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join