It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHORT STORY WRITERS CONTEST for August 2020 - CAMPFIRE TALES -- CT2020 ..RESULTS POSTED

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: Liquesence

I'm voting 102.

ATS short story contest is not a democracy.

Acually, votes (stars, flags) determine the winner. So it kind is a democracy. A real one.

Hope there is no mail voter fraud...

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritofsoul

I agree. A real challenge! It's good for ya.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   
So many great writers here!

My entry: Within

I did not count my title as part of the 100 word count. Excellent way to limit a story!

Great idea, mamabeth!

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Be glad that I made it 100 words,some in the past had
a 50 word limit.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

a 50 word limit.

Wasn't being critical, it was a real challenge to do, I hope I did okay...sorry if I offended...

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritofsoul

originally posted by: mamabeth

a 50 word limit.

Wasn't being critical, it was a real challenge to do, I hope I did okay...sorry if I offended...

Want to say welcome officially to our contest here at ATS and thanks for your submission.

This particular area featuring writers of all categories and genre's is quite wonderful and the membership never ceases to amaze me. But you'll soon realize that there are also a bunch of goofballs, often with a 'qwerky repertoire' (see what I did there?), that will make you smile if not laugh out loud (or maybe just make you scratch your head).

This by far is my favorite daily break-away from all the (insert whatever word you like here) stuff we already have to contend with. But yeau this Short Story group is magnificently unique, so again welcome to the club.

edit on 8/26/2020 by JohnnyAnonymous because: I made a boo-boo... haven't you ever made a Boo-Boo before? Now what are you looking at? I'm not going to keep feeding your desire to continue reading my annoyingly little edit rant. So there.. be off with your self now. Scoot.. Go... Get out of here!

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Here is my final entry...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Somehow I should have known that I totally misunderstood the max word totality ,so I put this one into a new reality..

Writer..

The dark forest

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I really am enjoying everyone's submission's, who knew that you could pack a small literary piece with just 100 (or less) words?

In fact I hope you all don't mind, but since I can't officially participate, I should be safe in illustrating why I'm not in any way shape or form a writer and went in other media-related directions ( HA ).

So give me a bit of slack as I submit for your disapproval my short story entitled; "How Fargo will go" .

xvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvx

Fargo the Ant could still not believe his luck after climbing up a delicious muffin with strawberry icing and he had it all to himself. He didn't have to share it with Mom or any one of his 500 Brothers, it was all his.

Fargo quite suddenly felt a violent tremor, as if he was being tossed about by tremendous force. Fargo held on to the muffin for dear life.

In the distance, Fargo's Mom and 500 Brothers watched as a giant creature walking with a large stick was poking at bits of garbage and putting it into a bag.

xvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvx

And yeau (thank goodness), thats THE END !

Feel free to pummel me like a dead horse... (what?)

edit on 8/28/2020 by JohnnyAnonymous because: Thats right... for those keeping count. It's another glitch in the Matrix I had to fix, in this case spacing.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Wait! pummel sounds like something to do with fists. We use sticks to beat dead horses.

I used to worry about bees in the car.
We'd be like five miles down the road before the bee would finally be out the window.

Then I would worry, "How will it find its way back home?"

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I totally have sympathy for Fargo the Ant.. Cute fellow, i can picture his eyes rolling in his tiny head and shock he is feeling.. poor guy ...

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
.......... I used to worry about bees in the car. We'd be like five miles down the road before the bee would finally be out the window.

Then I would worry, "How will it find its way back home?"

I love to learn new things and your query sparked my interest and i found this article What Happens To Bees When They Get Lost?. It's actually a fascinating bit of research. Bottom line is that there are likely three things the Bee can do to survive when relocated great distances from it's colony.

ONE] Attempt to find his way back to the colony.
TWO] Attempt to find a different colony.
THREE] live a solitary life, but still pollinating.

I tip my hat to you Sir as I learned something new, so it made a good day even better

originally posted by: dollukka

I totally have sympathy for Fargo the Ant.. Cute fellow, i can picture his eyes rolling in his tiny head and shock he is feeling.. poor guy ...

Oh I'm sure that if I had more than a 100 word limit that we'd learn of his survival in some trash heap.

Seriously,part of this was an experiment to experience the whole contest sha-bang (is that still a word?), this was really quite a challenge and I think I kept refining certain words or getting rid of words completely. Have to laugh in retrospect as there were three times in a row with all the word moves, I kept counting '101 words'.

Johnny

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Then the 500 ants built a large statue in honor of Fargo. It took them well over 400 years to complete and stood over 800 meters high. Once they realized that they could no longer remember where they were and could no longer see the ground they consulted the statue and it said You Are In Ohio ! Oh how they laughed. The statue was very tasty indeed and It took many years for them to see the ground again.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Hello There!

My wee entry THERE ARE NO RULES [CT2020] [writer]

Lovely to see all of the entries!

Gx
edit on 28-8-2020 by Gordi The Drummer because: add info

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   
My second one. Oh boy, I’m unsure about this one....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

The Unknown

Entry 2.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2
...... they consulted the statue and it said You Are In Ohio ! Oh how they laughed.

O M G, I happen to be drinking some Tea when reading your post and had to do a quick clean-up in aisle 3, and my Monitor and keyboard didn't fair too well either!

TOO FUNNY THANX!

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I finally had the time and muse to come up with something:

Light blinds [CT2020]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join