It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John A Keel, Author of The Mothman Prophecies, with Art Bell Jan 24 2002

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I love combing over the old archives of Coast2Coast AM and Art Bell's shows for lost gems, or shows I'd never listened to before. Last night, I found an interview Art did with John A Keel, the author of something like 30 books on UFO and paranormal topics, one of the most well-known being The Mothman Prophecies. This particular episode focused entirely on Mr. Keel's experiences investigating the Mothman creature during the late 60's in Point Pleasant, West Virginia.

If you've read the book you probably know some of the facts surrounding Mr. Keel's experiences chasing the Mothman. Some of the information became plot points in the film about the Mothman featuring Richard Gere. However, there were several bits of folklore/history surrounding the phenomenon that came up during Mr. Keel's interview, and AFAIK these were not portrayed or mentioned in the movie.

I won't spoil it for you; listen to the linked episode above and hear it for yourself. Just be wary of listening to it late at night, as I have a habit of doing!

All I will say, and the justification for putting this thread in "Predictions & Prophecies" forum, is that during the phone conversations that Mr. Keel had over time with a strange, robotic entity (allegedly connected to the Mothman) whilst traveling back & forth between New York and W.V., he was provided a series of predictions by this entity for events that would occur in the future (the future as it was perceived back then in the '60s). The predictions most famously covered the collapse of the Silver Spring Bridge in the town of Point Pleasant in 1967, killing dozens of people.

However, other predictions were offered to Mr. Keel, and they related not just to events that would impact regional activity around W.V. at that time, but events including world wide major political figures and leaders. These predictions by the Mothman are discussed by Mr. Keel with Art during the program. Pretty interesting stuff that I hadn't heard mention of before.

edit on 17-8-2020 by SleeperHasAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
(We can pin things on the spread of information, not having a legal right to live, and being incapable of stopping people from passing away to those ends, is an issue that kinda gets at the core of humanities pride and uncleanness)

(Did Edward Leedskalnin allow minorities to participate at Coral Castle, you don't have to answer that)
(you will be encouraged in certain circumstances to focus not on your limitations, but on what you can do, and who who is allowed to participate, and in what measure)

(Edward Leedskalnin, created and then moved coral castle to illustrate his authority, certain issues were unanswered to the public to highlight the struggle of that day........at the same time, the "majestic 12" took place and many other events in the usa)

He did come up with a plan to reach out to humanity and that centered around the events of ww1 and ww2, in doing so, he also curtailed the nature of god's mercies in that day........and at the same time, god is progressive in his allowances, and in his emphasis in the division from this earth and its sin, and god's mercies leading to the new earth and universe.

On to the events of today...............

humanity is going to reach a climax of its own suffering, that hasn't happened yet, and we can't deride god and say that this will not take place, when there is much evidence to that. What Edward Leedskalnin did in the usa, during the events of WW1 and WW2, was be faithful and allow humanity to run its natural course of unprofitability, concluding the events of that day, that was all very bad free will choices by humanity in that day.

we can start out like this..............

perhaps with a calamity ending the string of unprofitability we see today, that really originated some time around the 1993 bombing of the twin towers................so the unprofitability stage takes place first, so we'll just have to see how the events today pan out.

(dead or alive, moses doesn't intend to do much, especially with a climax to this unprofitability in "suicide pleasure" taking place, as an offering to god. for the reason, also, we can see similarities in inaction but not the same sequence)

(remember humanity is mentally ill, and functionally ill, but to remove the notion of dead flesh it deletes and modifies history, until a son of man, has to decide who lives and dies, and how to cut into the leadership processes out of necessity)
edit on 17-8-2020 by Anubie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Art Bells' programs were classic. The current C2C is an insult to what Art Bell started.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
New York City and West Virginia, stated in the OP
(more or less - free mason locations - that is besides the point)

1. Piri Reis Map (mystery) (some perhaps tie to, inner earth/flat earth)
2. La Virginea Pars Map (mystery) (some tie to, missing, Roanoke colony)

Piri Reis Map ... best straight answer is "Missing Flight 370" with parallels to 9/11/2001 Falling Man Moses (NYC)
La Virginea Pars Map ... best straight answer, perhaps an Asteroid Strike like Apophis in 2028 (given the, blotted out pic of map or circle piece of map)

speaking of which

The, minorities, assaults on the christopher colombus statues, as a declaration of their privilege to take the usa presidency is apart of, humanities suicide pleasure, approaching a calamity, in the subject matter:

"Asia and Africa" were major projected divisions in the human migration, and pre-human chains for live on earth..............an object will crash into africa, was voiced perhaps in the "dogon" tribe account, and also in the ezekiel documents.

there is also::::

the Master Building in NYC with R.M. symbols for "raypoz mabus" of nostradamus that alluded to 9/11/2001 Falling Man Moses, as a branch of earth calamity.

Most of the time with these old maps, they make assumptions, about "mysteries", and make the mistake of not tying those maps into different geographic territory.

EDITED TO ADD

seems the usa and several countries are on the path, of filtering minority connotations out of social media and out of the internet................which like china and a few already, do promote rights, but the unpsoken trend is they don't live or exist as a intelligible people..........ofcourse nobody will acknowledge that,but evidences are there............so it does take the presumption, that in order to be equal, they cannot be spoken of at all or involved in, socially explicit engagements, its a theological genocide, and that is to reflect on the OP, in a more proper way.
edit on 17-8-2020 by Anubie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Art Bells' programs were classic. The current C2C is an insult to what Art Bell started.

FINALLY something you and I agree on. Art's interview style, dialog, interactions with guests, were just unique. He had an eloquence, a knack for steering the conversation and course-correcting if it got off-track, and he was not afraid to challenge guests or play "devil's advocate".

I don't listen to Noory or whoever else does the program now, it's just not the same for me.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Anubie

I'm trying my best to sift through your response, and I do appreciate you pitching in, but can you .... condense down the point(s) you're making regarding Mr Keel and the Mothman? It seems to me you're trying to link these happenings to current events, protests, politics, theology (?) but I'm not having luck understanding your ideas.
edit on 17-8-2020 by SleeperHasAwakened because: spellin'

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   
It is only briefly touched on in this interview, but Mr. Keel, after many years investigating UFOs, and after a prolific writing career documenting his research, had eventually reached a place where his evaluation of UFOs was not from the perspective of the conventional Extra-Terrestrial Hypothesis (ETH), that we are being visited by aliens from space, but instead in the context of a "interconnected" (he used that term frequently throughout the interview) model linking together UFOs, the supernatural, and other research areas like Cryptozoology and spiritual/occult, even modern science.

Art attempts to dig into Mr. Keels feelings on the notion of "portals", windows to other places, and the recurring theme this has played on in various geographic 'hot spots' throughout history. To me this is well aligned with the story of the Skinwalker Ranch, and other narratives that intertwine traditional UFO stories in a broader tapestry of unexplained phenomenon.

This goes on towards the later stage of the interview. IMO opinion, Mr. Keel subscribes more to the idea that mysterious visitors to Earth are interdimmensional in nature.

new topics

top topics

join