It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the time comes, will you get a COVID-19 vaccine?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ontogeny55
when a virus invades a human body, the immune system makes antibodies. these antibodies make the person immune to the same virus during the next exposure. a reply to: schuyler

Virus's have a nasty habit of mutating too!

Therefor the antibodies may not protect from the next exposure!

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

It's not just a matter of mutation. Some immunities fade. That's why, if you get a serious puncture wound, a tetanus booster can be a good idea.

There is not much known about how effective, or long lasting, COVID-19 antibodies may be in preventing infection. The stage III trials should give an idea of how effective, but less about how long lasting.

edit on 8/15/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

However, I look forward to people such as yourself rejecting the vaccine and therefore placing yourself at more risk to actually get and die of Covid. Any improvement in the gene pool is appreciated. Thanks.

You can't even be sure there is a risk. Unless you're live'n back in 1995 when
we were all still fools enough to trust this government. Catch up they don't
care about you! At all at all at all at all. Is that ever gonna get thru to you?

Do what you want but don't threaten anyone when you're play'n the fool.

Trusting soul!

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I would like to know what happened to the saying, "My Body, My Choice"??

It applies here just as much as the abortion debate.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I don't see where a vaccine is being forced.
Or abortions.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Krakatoa

I don't see where a vaccine is being forced.
Or abortions.

Wait for it....

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Or abortions.

Give em time and BTW China hello!

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

I have a husband who is permanently in a nursing home. It will be well worth it to get a vaccine.

Sounds like it would be more prudent for him to get the vaccine. Remember, a vaccine does not prevent one from getting the virus, it just makes one able to fight it off easily.

And yes, it is your choice. I will not condemn you for either decision. I'm just offering free advice; take it or leave it.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Michigan72

I'm old, retired and have underlying medical conditions. Unless they can verify possible side effects and how it effects at risk groups, negative.

Although it would be nice to see a vaccine that actually "works" especially since the flu vaccine each year is hit or miss, which are based on a best guess. When I do get a flu vaccine, it's not until January so I can see if they've actually gotten it right this year. Usually it's far less effective than they hoped for.

I've got to really start pushing the wife to move to northern Michigan where our place in the middle of nowhere.

All that said, I have 1 relative and 3 friends that are doctors, 3 are internists and one is a cardio surgeon. All of them tell me that this is the most frightening virus they've ever seen.

My brother in law died from it, a friend's father died from it, people at the funeral home where my mother in law was had it (where my brother in law contracted it) - the nurse at the funeral home got it from the cadavers that had died from it. In all, I've known 5 people that died from it and each one of them had the same symptoms. Low blood ox, heart seizures, kidney failure, internal bleeding. Two were in comas, 4 were on ventilation.

edit on 15-8-2020 by billxam because: added line

edit on 15-8-2020 by billxam because: added even more lines

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Didn't you say you had chemo a while back?

Chemo destroys the natural immunity. That's a comorbidity with the Chinese Virus.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: Subrosabelow

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: Blueracer
It is easy to say no. But what if your employer says you have to take it to keep your job? What is all employers say that? Then what will you say?

Pretty sure that would be discrimination and massive lawsuits, even if the laws are re-written. Any vaccine there will be a certain number of people that can not take it and you can't discriminate against them because of it.

Is that the case though? They can refuse your children enrolling in school if they have not been vaccinated. This seems to be the same thing.

A work mandate for a vaccine could be done Im sure it woulb be extremely unpopular and it would be legally challenged in the first week. Guaranteed

When I worked for a hospital we either had to get a flu shot or wear a mask when we were around patient areas. Of the five years I worked there I got the shot four years and had a bad reaction one year. It didn't get the flu, that wasn't possible with the inactive virus, but the head nurse said based on my symptoms that lasted around 24 hours they guessed it was my body building antibodies for those strains. I had a major surgery earlier in that year and she figured my body was just working overtime to keep me from getting sick. Now that I don't work there I don't get it anymore. I only got them there because I was around sick people all the time and really didn't want the flu.

Covid vaccine? No. Especially if it's one that Bill Gates has a hand in because conspiracy or not, I will not take anything he's involved in - especially if there's a chance it has a microchip. He and everyone that supports getting chipped can F themselves with a hot rattail file.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Michigan72

My understanding is that this virus is essentially in the same class as the flu.

The same flu that they release a vaccine for EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR.

Have we eradicated the flu?
No.
Does the vaccine stop people from getting the flu?
Maybe.
Do I take my flu shots?
Nope.

Will I take a covid shot?
Absolutely not.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
Since its impossible to make an effective vaccine via their current methodology for a Corona virus as it mutates very quickly - I'd consider anything labeled as a vaccine is just poison.

So I cannot recommend anyone taking it as it's impossible for them to get this right.

I've already read as much. There are 11 different strains of the virus now and the current vaccine may be good for only 4 or 5 of them.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

This time? I'll ask for an antibody test instead. If I already have the antibodies, I won't have any use for a vaccine.

I don't recommend the vaccine this early on, but FYI, new research is showing that the Corona Virus antibodies only stay in ones system for 3 months and those who have already had it, may be able to catch it again after that.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

No that's the alternative. You don't have to take the vaccine but you
will have to let us chip. So we can monitor your temperature and
over all health and know where you're at all times. Because you can
lose your phone.

To sci fi for ya huh?
You are still live'n in the 90s aren't you?
edit on 15-8-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   
No I'm not going to get the Vaccine.

Main reason being I've had Covid-19 already so I prefer to allow my body to build it's natural anti-bodies.

If your wondering how many people will get the vaccine , Well I would say about the same amount that are gullible enough to wear paper mask .

There will be a social pressure to get this vaccine just how much pressure is yet to be seen.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: Phage

Because, if I do catch the flu and then catch COVID the chances of serious problems developing are increased.

Is that because you have other under lying conditions?

And IF that is the case I'm surprised you have not had the flu jab on a

regular basis before this year?

because of the " lying conditions"?

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

If your wondering how many people will get the vaccine , Well I would say about the same amount that are gullible enough to wear paper mask .

Not necessarily. All but 16 states right now are mandating the wearing of masks or be fined.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

because of the " lying conditions"?

LOL! No kidding!

Personally, I'm holding a personal grudge against Dr. Fauci because he's been working for Moderna since 1984 and wouldn't you know, the government has already contracted with Moderna for $1.5 billion worth of Corona Virus vaccines. That's the whole reason Fauci and libs were shooting down other alternative treatments.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join