It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon to set up new unit to investigate UFOs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 03:35 AM
link   

The Pentagon said Friday it was setting up a new task force under the US Navy to investigate UFO sightings.

The Pentagon in April officially released three videos taken by US Navy pilots showing mid-air encounters with what appear to be UFOs.

With the creation of the Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Task Force (UAPTF), the Defense Department hopes "to improve its understanding of, and gain insight into, the nature and origins of UAPs," spokeswoman Susan Gough said in a statement.

Pentagon to set up new unit to investigate UFOs

As an Official Task force of the DoD / Pentagon, It looks like the official stance and position of the US Government - or in this case specifically, the Pentagon - is becoming more and more one of UFO's or UAP's ARE real, not imaginary and not the previous default position of "UFO's are NOT real unless proven otherwise" - but exactly *what* they are, remains undetermined."

It might not seem like much of a distinction - but in my opinion, it's huge. It dictates how future reports of UFO's will be pursued going forward and it lends a lot of credibility to the field of UFO study in general.

I think this is great news and long overdue.

edit on 8/15/2020 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Thanks for sharing.

Seems like they want to slowly prepare us for what is coming. I don't know what is but I have a pretty good idea.
edit on 15/8/2020 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

Thanks for sharing.

Seems like they want to slowly prepare us for what is coming. I don't know what is but I have a pretty good idea.

Perhaps the overused and overdue "Diclosure" process is really starting to get underway?

Hope springs eternal...

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Can you give more? I'm on the edge of the chair

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

I know....me too!

So far the linked article is all I've found.

This news is literally only a few hours old.

I'll be scanning, you can be certain of that. If I come across something with a little more meat on the bone, I'll definitely post it in this thread.

Stay tuned...maybe others also have some information and can post updates too.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Cheers Riffrafter. I really hope we get answers to what's going on up there. So many of us have seen this stuff and need answers if anything for our own sanity

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 05:39 AM
link   
1948 - Project Sign

1949 - Project Grudge

1952 - Project Blue Book

1953 - Robertson Panel

1966 - Condon Committee

2007 - Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program

I'm not expecting much from the new Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Task Force.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Cheers Riffrafter. I really hope we get answers to what's going on up there.

I suppose any interesting answers will be classified, as I found this (look at the last line):

Advanced Aerial Threats

The Committee supports the efforts of the Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon Task Force at the Office of Naval Intelligence to standardize collection and reporting on unidentified aerial phenomenon, any links they have to adversarial foreign governments, and the threat they pose to U.S. military assets and installations. However, the Committee remains concerned that there is no unified, comprehensive process within the Federal Government for collecting and analyzing intelligence on unidentified aerial phenomena, despite the potential threat. The Committee understands that
the relevant intelligence may be sensitive; nevertheless, the Committee finds that the information sharing and coordination across the Intelligence Community has been inconsistent, and this issue has lacked attention from senior leaders.
Therefore, the Committee directs the DNI, in consultation with the Secretary of Defense and the heads of such other
agencies as the Director and Secretary jointly consider relevant, to submit a report within 180 days of the date of enactment of the Act, to the congressional intelligence and armed services committees on unidentified aerial phenomena (also known as ``anomalous aerial vehicles''), including observed airborne objects that have not been identified.
The Committee further directs the report to include:
1. A detailed analysis of unidentified aerial phenomena data and intelligence reporting collected or held by the Office of Naval Intelligence, including data and intelligence reporting held by the Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Task Force;
2. A detailed analysis of unidentified phenomena data collected by:
a. geospatial intelligence;
b. signals intelligence;
c. human intelligence; and
d. measurement and signals intelligence;
3. A detailed analysis of data of the FBI, which was derived from investigations of intrusions of unidentified aerial phenomena data over restricted United States airspace;
4. A detailed description of an interagency process for ensuring timely data collection and centralized analysis of all unidentified aerial phenomena reporting for the Federal Government, regardless of which service or agency acquired the information;
5. Identification of an official accountable for the process described in paragraph 4;
6. Identification of potential aerospace or other threats posed by the unidentified aerial phenomena to national security, and an assessment of whether this unidentified aerial phenomena activity may be attributed to one or more foreign adversaries;
7. Identification of any incidents or patterns that indicate a potential adversary may have achieved breakthrough aerospace capabilities that could put United States strategic or conventional forces at risk;
and
8. Recommendations regarding increased collection of data, enhanced research and development, and additional
funding and other resources.
The report shall be submitted in unclassified form, but may include a classified annex.

Source

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

I know....me too!

So far the linked article is all I've found.

This news is literally only a few hours old.

I'll be scanning, you can be certain of that. If I come across something with a little more meat on the bone, I'll definitely post it in this thread.

Stay tuned...maybe others also have some information and can post updates too.

IMMEDIATE RELEASE Establishment of Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Task Force AUG. 14, 2020

On Aug. 4, 2020, Deputy Secretary of Defense David L. Norquist approved the establishment of an Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (UAP) Task Force (UAPTF). The Department of the Navy, under the cognizance of the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence and Security, will lead the UAPTF.

The Department of Defense established the UAPTF to improve its understanding of, and gain insight into, the nature and origins of UAPs. The mission of the task force is to detect, analyze and catalog UAPs that could potentially pose a threat to U.S. national security.

As DOD has stated previously, the safety of our personnel and the security of our operations are of paramount concern. The Department of Defense and the military departments take any incursions by unauthorized aircraft into our training ranges or designated airspace very seriously and examine each report. This includes examinations of incursions that are initially reported as UAP when the observer cannot immediately identify what he or she is observing.

From

US Department of Defense release
edit on 15/8/2020 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Space farce per-chance?

"They" know more than they are letting on, and have done for quite some time.

There will never be any real disclosure on our end, simply counterproductive to retaining control over our respective populations.
edit on 15-8-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Yeah, well spotted Armap
I guess the Pentagon will have to classify some stuff regarding their own tech etc, but hopefully they'll be upfront with what they discover. There's too much stuff coming out now for them to ignore it any more. Even if there is something really concerning with the UAP's we need to know as it's getting to the point where it's really playing on the mind

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Project Bluebook 2: Long overdeux

Mark my trollish words: Nothing will become of it.

Sorry to be a negative nancy but it's true. Suppose they discovered some sort of information that really made alien visitation, for better or most likely worse, probable. Are they going to tell the peons? How do they owe us or are required to give us the truth if its so sensitive that it needs to be classified?

If they found something significant or already have you'd never know. On the bright side, this is excellent for conspiracy theory culture. Many a YouTube channel owner receives a fat check from the views and clicks from people yearning for the information that cannot be had. How big depends on how talented they are as a propagandist. Get some good unexplainable footage, spin it, and boom, finders keepers. It's a good hustle.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Finally. Ats has been so boring lately.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   
surely this is a job for.............The Space Force!!!
edit on 15-8-2020 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Buck Rogers it is then.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel
Project Bluebook 2: Long overdeux

Mark my trollish words: Nothing will become of it.

Sorry to be a negative nancy but it's true. Suppose they discovered some sort of information that really made alien visitation, for better or most likely worse, probable. Are they going to tell the peons? How do they owe us or are required to give us the truth if its so sensitive that it needs to be classified?

At least it's a move in the right direction. After all the vids and accounts coming out recently then the Pentagon's new unit was always going to be in the pipeline. There's too much going on in our skies of defence significance for the military to ignore especially with the public waiting for their response.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Am I bad for thinking you were about to say "the space pope"?

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Honestly, this all feels too manufactured.
I swear it's some ele related diversion.
Like every psyop known to man unleashed at once.
Maybe an AI run operation?

Communists, CCP, the evil left, Russia, exaggerating the flu virus, coordinated weird rules, Epstein, Clintons, Gates vaccine conspiracy, space force, big space travel events/missions, funding blm, taking trillions of tax dollars, looking for more, essential business, murder hornets and now we have aliens.

Witaf is going on?
Doesn't feel like political bs. It's waaay too thick.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Here's how its gonna go.

Taskforce set up to 'indentify' what the government has been working for, for years.

The UFO's are deemed 'inter-dimensional' and know about God. (They're demonic).

The UFO pilots are going to bring a new reli..gion to the world that is about their spirituality. (They're demons and fallen angels).

Their spirituality is one of world cooperation where Christians aren't welcome because their worldview doesn't gel with the 'aliens' one. (New age).

Christian's disappear in what the aliens say is a relocation (the rapture) and those left are now under 'new leadership'. (Beast system).

The new leadership start talking of a rebel group of aliens coming to attack and the world needs to prepare for war. (Armageddon).

Christ returns with the saints and blows them all away. (2nd coming).

This is one scenario.

If 'aliens' appear, ask 'em who Jesus is. Test the spirit, then ask if they are under the authority of Jesus Christ. Remind them of the lake of fire. Remind them of coming judgement.

Laugh as they shake like a leaf.

Demons be demeaning yo.

Serious question. Do people even look up anymore, you can see 2 to 5 UFO's per night if you go out at about 12am. Take a laser and antagonize them, it's fun. They flash back at you sometimes. I know this sounds crazy but I've been doing it (as a prayed up Christian, wouldn't do this as a secular dead head) and it is weird.

I sit out from 12am to 1:30am and see loads of weird stuff. Shooting stars, meteorites ect... people are NOT paying attention to what's going on up there. You can see them with the naked eye 90% of the time, and use the laser to distinguish from a satellite, as a satellite wont react, they do!
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
Here's how its gonna go.

Taskforce set up to 'indentify' what the government has been working for, for years.

The UFO's are deemed 'inter-dimensional' and know about God. (They're demonic).

The UFO pilots are going to bring a new reli..gion to the world that is about their spirituality. (They're demons and fallen angels).

Their spirituality is one of world cooperation where Christians aren't welcome because their worldview doesn't gel with the 'aliens' one. (New age).

Christian's disappear in what the aliens say is a relocation (the rapture) and those left are now under 'new leadership'. (Beast system).

The new leadership start talking of a rebel group of aliens coming to attack and the world needs to prepare for war. (Armageddon).

Christ returns with the saints and blows them all away. (2nd coming).

This is one scenario.

If 'aliens' appear, ask 'em who Jesus is. Test the spirit, then ask if they are under the authority of Jesus Christ. Remind them of the lake of fire. Remind them of coming judgement.

Laugh as they shake like a leaf.

Demons be demeaning yo.

Serious question. Do people even look up anymore, you can see 2 to 5 UFO's per night if you go out at about 12am. Take a laser and antagonize them, it's fun. They flash back at you sometimes. I know this sounds crazy but I've been doing it (as a prayed up Christian, wouldn't do this as a secular dead head) and it is weird.

I sit out from 12am to 1:30am and see loads of weird stuff. Shooting stars, meteorites ect... people are NOT paying attention to what's going on up there. You can see them with the naked eye 90% of the time, and use the laser to distinguish from a satellite, as a satellite wont react, they do!

Got so many questions to delve into, but I'm busy this morning ... One is how did you get you edit date to say 2012 are you in the past.

Have heard some of these theories of them being demonic and such do have any good links for research. So many theories but yes the government never stopped studying them,question how much will they disclose and if it's your theory Id say they disclose very little. Could you imagine the turmoil disclosure would cause?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join