It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 & the Moon Landing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
There has been alot of specualtion over Area 51. "What exactly is it?" IS it a top secret test facility? Maybe a containment area for wayward space travellers? Maybe something else?

Remember that special on FoxTV, a few years back, with Jonathan Frakes? It was the one where they claimed the moon landing was faked. Everybody had a good laugh, except some compelling points were raised. The Apollo's computer systems were less sophisticated than today's pocket calculators. With today's advanced technology, we still haven't gotten back to the moon.

Perhaps men never got anywhere near the moon. To make sense of this, put it in context of the times. The Space Race was part of the arms race. The side that got the advantage in space had an advantage on earth. Whent he Russians put that dog in orbit, there was near mass hysteria in the west. Would the commies soon be dropping attack dogs on us from orbiting rocket ships?

So America had to beat them by getting to the moon first. The West had to take back space. Now the bluff is part of the game, so what if America never really got to the moon, but only tricked the Russians into 'believing' that they did. It would give America an overwhelming advantage in the on going psychological warfare with the Russians.

Think of the impact it made on Russians, when they saw American Astronauts playing golf on the moon. You know that somewhere in the Kremlin, there were a team of scientists commissioned to study the impact that a solid titanium golf ball would make, fallin on Moscow, and propelled from the moon's surface! Like a penny dropped from the top of the Empire State Building, only much moreso!

"Now we've got you Commie SOB's. It'll be raining American golf balls from the moon. Who needs nukes?" was the whole bluff. It only worked if the Russians though America was on the moon. If America faked it, that would be top secret. They would need a secure military facility. it would have to be somewhere that could be made to resemble the moon's surface. Area 51 in the southwest would have been ideal!

If you doubt this theory, remember the important part space tech has played in the arms race. It was Star Wars/High Frontiers that ultimately ended the Cold War. teh Russians were horrified that their missles would be rendered inoperative by remote control, and broke the bank trying to match technology with the USA.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Not to crash the party, but let's review a basic fact! Moon rocks are very Rich in several rare earth elements. If these elements are so rare, where you find rocks that are full of them, without leaving earth? No Offense, but I think your overdoing it! Not everything comes with a conspiricy attachment. Fining the truth means realizing that some of what you hear is TRUE, but not everything.

The Secret of any good conspiricy hunter is to realize that there is always some truth floating in that vast sea of lies! Your mission is to find that truth!

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

[edit on 18-3-2005 by ghost]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
They would hardly need a military base to do a fake moon landing (and certainly not one they exist).

Regarding the moon landing itself, there is simply too much evidence that point to the fact it did happen. The biggest one being the mirrors they put there... Not to mention Russia was hardly a 3rd world country back then. They where probably monitoring the radio transmissions and would have tried anything to discredit the US if they had the slightest evidence of it being fake.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I believe the Russians verified sent a shuttle up, and photographed the American flag on the back side of the man.

So, for it to have been faked, the Russians must have been in collusion with the US. If the US had faked it, why wouldn't the Russians have called the US on it?

So, why would the Russians help the US fake going to the moon? If there was that much collusion between the US and Russia, I don't see why the US needed to go the moon, anyway. The whole faking it thing, sounds quite implausible.

The reason the US hasn't gone back to the moon is because NASA hasn't gotten the funding to go there. Congress decided it wasn't worth the dough to keep exploring the moon.

What do you make of all the NASA scientists, who did research into various parts of the project. Are they all fake, too. You can look into, but believe various technologies like the microwave, and others were invented as part of the space program.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
If I was Neil Armstrong, and someone doubted the fact that I stepped on the surface of the moon, after all the harrowing training and the fact that I could have died on the way up, I would punch that sucker in the face!

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by crontab

I believe the Russians verified...and photographed the American flag on the back side of the man.

OUCH! I never heard about that one!

Not a picture I'd care to see.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
well theres the poin that there is a huge cloud of radiation on the way and they managed to get throug hthat without being the slightest bit ill

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
though most of your information is correct the commies as you would call them were the first on the moon as well they were the first ones in space

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nathraq
If I was Neil Armstrong, and someone doubted the fact that I stepped on the surface of the moon, after all the harrowing training and the fact that I could have died on the way up, I would punch that sucker in the face!

Neil Armstrong, a usually outgoing man, became a semi recluse after the moon landing.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka
They would hardly need a military base to do a fake moon landing (and certainly not one they exist).

They wouldn't a base to fake, but they would to keep it secret.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaxPineapple
though most of your information is correct the commies as you would call them were the first on the moon as well they were the first ones in space

"Commies" was a figure of speech, to parody cold war mentality.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I remember seeing it live on TV, and thought it was like a bad B movie at that time..
IMO, the Van Allen belt would have crisped them,,
Nobody can ever convince me it happened.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Just for further reference of information and conclusions:
Topic and Discussion Index for HAARP and the MOON LANDING

I do believe that the evidences for a moon landing outweigh the evidences against.

I hope that the above links provide enhancement of this discussion.

seekerof

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuanshao101
well theres the poin that there is a huge cloud of radiation on the way and they managed to get throug hthat without being the slightest bit ill

Have you ever heard of a Radiation sheild?

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
every thing is beein watched

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by crontab
I believe the Russians verified sent a shuttle up, and photographed the American flag on the back side of the man.

So, for it to have been faked, the Russians must have been in collusion with the US. If the US had faked it, why wouldn't the Russians have called the US on it?

So, why would the Russians help the US fake going to the moon? If there was that much collusion between the US and Russia, I don't see why the US needed to go the moon, anyway. The whole faking it thing, sounds quite implausible.

The reason the US hasn't gone back to the moon is because NASA hasn't gotten the funding to go there. Congress decided it wasn't worth the dough to keep exploring the moon.

What do you make of all the NASA scientists, who did research into various parts of the project. Are they all fake, too. You can look into, but believe various technologies like the microwave, and others were invented as part of the space program.

That's actually a real good point and one I've never really heard brought up when defending the moon landing. With the competition of the cold war, you know that the Russians would damn well make sure that what we did was legit, and would not hesitate fo call our bluff if they could back then.

Great Point!

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Still dosn`t explain why we haven`t returned to the moon surely we couldn`t have learn`t everything about the moon in the short space of time man spent there (supposedly).
If you gonna fake something as big as that you gonna make damn sure it is water tight so to say there is overwhelming evidance that it occured and believe that evidance dosn`t make it truth.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
search.msn.com...

cool video huh

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by timoothy
search.msn.com...

cool video huh

yep great video it proves without a doubt that the landing was faked

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link