It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 & the Moon Landing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
unfortunatly there are some who will never believe. we are a conspiricy site after all.

well i would say that first off you wouldn't need a basejust as said. what you would need is a sound stage. sound stages are a dime a dozen. if you are concerned about secrecy it would not be hard to seal off an area or even build your own. however it would not mean that you would have to keep the stage under wraps forever. great thing about a sound stage, mars today maralyn monro's bedroom tomorow. no trace left if you don't want it.

i too have seen the program that tried to point holes in the moon landing. it realy didn't impress me at all.

i am surprised the soviets didn't go anyway, just to prove they could do it too. now there was something said about an alian base on the moon? what was it? oh yeh luna. now keep it in your mind anything nasa saw and heard the soviets did as well. after all scrambleing tech. wasn't all that good, if it was used at all(that i don't know about). if i remember correctly the soviets were prety much ready to go themselves. so why didn't they? it would have saved some face. they could even then "proove" to their people they were there first and the american's didn't make it. they were rather good at that sort of thing wern't they?

no i beleive the us did make it but there was a reason not too stay too long or go back. anyone know how long they should have had in regaurds to food, water and power? once we had the shuttle i don't see why they couldant go back, just put a lander in cargo fill the rest with fuel. yeah ok i am being a bit simple but they should have been able to do it.

now we hear of a new moon mission. what has changed? we still have the shuttle. we have had astranaughts. is it perhapse we have a traty with those there? mabe they are finished what they were doing and will then be gone. now these are things worth looking into.

anyone able to tap into the space station's comunications? it would be interesting to hear and read what they have been seeing. has anyone ever found stuff from mir? being up there so long they must have seen things. after all the first americans at least did, i would think the soviets would have as well.

an interesting point was made about armstrong. what did he see to make a recluse out of a man who was so outgoing? what of the "accidents" i have heard happened to other astronoughts?

yes man made it to the moon alright but what happened there?
why haven't we advanced the space fleet already? if we can make these cool new planes why not spacecraft? why did it go from mission to mission so quickly than stop so suddenly and start to crawl? includeing the soviats. it ain't all about money.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Neil Armstrong did become a recluse after the 'moon landings'. Some say that he met aliens on the moon. There are even Nasa tapes where the astronauts purportedly amke references to mooncraft already there. Statements along the lines of "Did the Russians beat us here? Those thigns are enormous", that were 'static ed out' of the broadcast transmission.

I personally find that explanation a little far fetched. I have no problem believing that the US used some south western desert to fake a moon landing. It would've been 'psychological warfare'. One of the points the TV special made is that the flag planted on the moon is shown gently waving, while the moon has no atmosphere.

The believe at the time was that space was going to be the next arena of war, as the sky had been in the first half of the century. The country that controlled the skies tended to win the wars, so the country that gained the advantage in space would have more leverage. The Russians were the first to get up, and this caused wide spred panic in america. So perhaps the americans used a 'good old fashioned bluff'.

The technology in the 1960's Saturn rockets, ie computer guidence systems,were less sophisticated than today's pocket calculator. Persently, in the age of the space shuttle, we haen't gotten back to the moon.

For instance, consider Apollo 13. America supposedly brought them back, in a serverely damaged space craft, from the dark side of the moon. highly improbable, don't you agree. If they were in earth orbit, it makes their chances of safe re entry better. Remember that though there were accidents getting into space, during the moon landing program, there were none on return. Man has never been to the moon. That is unless you count Shado moonbase?

[edit on 2-4-2005 by Agent Orange]

[edit on 2-4-2005 by Agent Orange]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I see that this dead horse has been dug up again for another beating. No offense intended, of course.

My two cents: every single argument that the disbelievers have used has been utterly and totally destroyed by science and truth. Bad Astronomy has probably the best compilation of evidence for a real moon landing. I have very little doubt that we went to the moon, but that's just me. To each his own.

I don't want to come across as a troll here, but I feel I must say something about the rampant conjecture that was posted earlier about "scrambleing" technology, the opinion that the Russians were ready to land men on the moon as well as us, and the idea that we only landed on the moon once.

We didn't beat the Russians because we were the first to hit some cartoony launch button, we planned and built a manned mission to the moon and they did not. They landed the first vehicle on the moon in 1959, the Luna 2, but it requires significantly more science to drop a vessel capable of protecting humans on the moon (and RETURNING THEM HOME SAFELY, I should add, edit), and this was simply technology that the Russians didn't posess at the time that we did - because they didn't spend the MONEY on it, not because they were idiots. We spent the extra cash to get some Americans on the moon because we could and the Russians could not. Had the space race actually have been seriously important to the future of either of our countries, militarily or otherwise, man would have walked on the moon in about 1965 or so, I believe. Had the soviets not have simply ditched their manned landing program in 1967, they probably would have landed a man on the moon in 1968.

Also, it should be noted, we made several trips to the moon well into the next decade, we didn't just land once, put up a flag, and return home, as I kind of got the impression that you might believe.

In the end, why should we pay so much money just so a guy can go hang out on the moon for a bit? We've got more important things to spend our cash on, as a nation. That's why we haven't returned since the 70's.

[edit on 4-4-2005 by Zipdot]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by nathraq
If I was Neil Armstrong, and someone doubted the fact that I stepped on the surface of the moon, after all the harrowing training and the fact that I could have died on the way up, I would punch that sucker in the face!

Very well said! Couldnt have put it better myself!

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zipdot
I see that this dead horse has been dug up again for another beating. No offense intended, of course.

[edit on 4-4-2005 by Zipdot]

Ever see a movie called "Capricorn One"?

Besides, a recent Discovery Channel Canada Brain Teaser quiz has suggested that if the asteriod belt were mined, it's combined cash value, evenly distributed among every individual on earth, would make each of us billionares! If it's about the money, then there is an excellent incentive for further space exploration! Especially in this age of depleted resources.

[edit on 4-4-2005 by Agent Orange]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent Orange
Ever see a movie called "Capricorn One"?

Besides, a recent Discovery Channel Canada Brain Teaser quiz has suggested that if the asteriod belt were mined, it's combined cash value, evenly distributed among every individual on earth, would make each of us billionares! If it's about the money, then there is an excellent incentive for further space exploration! Especially in this age of depleted resources.

[edit on 4-4-2005 by Agent Orange]

No, I haven't seen that movie, but I checked out imdb.com just now. Looks fascinating.

Interesting angle there. You may also enjoy this link:

Moon's Helium-3 Could Power Earth

One more thing - let's not forget that G.W.Bush has announced plans for us to return to the moon within 10 years ("by 2015" as he put it) as part of a mission to build a platform to take us to Mars. Ambitious, no doubt, but I look forward to it. Perhaps it will put some theories to rest, but knowing human mistrust, probably not.

Zip

[edit on 5-4-2005 by Zipdot]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join