It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is ATS and Why Above Top Secret is dying

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView

Where is the forum whose moto was DENY IGNORANCE

And there's the rub...

It's hard to have real debate when very few are able to own up to their own ignorance. Myself included.

Prior to the polarisation we all agreed so it wasn't an issue.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView
When a forum, noted for its intelligent debate and the intelligence of the members so debating becomes cowardly, unable to stand controversy,
unable to stand views not held by certain 'elite members' who rule as a cabal - It is at that time that the forum should be considered dead by those
of US who still live and think - where is tha ATS I used to post on

What happened to the intelligent, sometimes heated debates , that used to make this forum exciting and interesting???

Back then moderators would sometimes step in and tell people to 'cool it' as the debates used to get quite heated at times.

No more! - Now they just make the debate go away by killing the post - making it disappearr like a Russian dissenter in Stalinist Russia.

And they rarely tell you why! - Like political disent in Communist countries they work to make it disappear.

Where are you ATS
Will you rise like a mythical Phoenix and give us back the forum we used to love ???

Where is the forum whose moto was DENY IGNORANCE

I'm here....

edit on 3-8-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: awhispersecho
I've been a lurker and then a member for a long time. Mostly lurking, usually coming and going in spurts and I can tell you that ATS hasn't been the same for 8-10 years, ever since certain threads about a certain person and his or her possible identity were taken down. These things have been going on for quite a few years here and it's absurd to act like it's all because of right wingers or Trump supporters. It started before that. In fact it started during Obama's presidency and you don't see anyone blaming him or his supporters. Having said that, this is still the best site on the internet.

It's the only site I know that I can go and find the truth and evidence to back it up regardless of if it's something I agree with or not. People here do the dirty work. The type of research and presenting of info that you can't find on the FB, Twitter, and definitely not the mainstream news. Are there as many people doing as much dirty work as before, no. But it's still the best we got.

As far as most of the top threads being right wing or pro Trump. That's the nature of the beast on a conspiracy site. Right now, the narrative coming from the news and socials is pro left, bash Trump, which means the topics here will be the opposite. "Conspiracy" sites look at things that are the opposite of the official narrative. If the media and social networks were all drooling over Trump, the topics would be going the other way trying to weed through the bs.

Look at CV19. Right now we are being told this thing is awful and we need to shut down the world and give up our life as we knew it. Yet, some people are looking at the numbers and evidence and questioning the narrative so they post about it. If we were being told that it was nothing to worry about but people were dropping dead by the millions, the posts here would be the opposite, they would be questioning the fact they everyone is dying and we were being told it's nothing. That's how a site like this works.

ATS is still the best place and one of the last places you can go to find info and evidence that isn't what we are being force fed. Complaining it's not the same just because you don't like the topics only contributes to it getting worse.

Quoted for Truth.

I was going to post a response but you handled it better then I could have.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

ATS is dying because of me.

Sorry.

ATS provided a forum where I could express my opinion and it wasn't the opinion of the evil leftist MArxists.

So their Uberlord "Google" decided to punish ATS by denying ad revenue because they had the temerity to provide a forum where I could express myself.

My bad.
edit on 3-8-2020 by DBCowboy because: I am Batman

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: SaturnFX

You know that's just not true.
The Mud Pit is one forum.
When seen, as it usually is, outside mud is removed.

Not only that, be the change you wish ATS to be.

The mud pit is one forum
riots in the BLM is just one minor aspect of the whole protest
Guess what people take away from it though when discussing it.

Much like the news or anything else, what gets attention is the absurd, and on this site, the absurd is the extreme partisanship that is welcomed. You can deny it all you want, but you can't deny it for long because the doors are shutting from ...gee, I don't know...total mystery.

This isn't a place anymore to find out the cool haps about aliens, bigfoot, reptilian overlords, AI taking over, etc...sure, those threads are here, but overall its just a endless stream of the worst political takes you can get on any forum out there.
as of right this moment, 9 out of the top 15 topics are mud pit..this isn't ATS anymore, its mudpit.com and unless you have some backers who want to have just that, the model is unsustainable.

Who knows...maybe things can turn around at the 11th hour. I know a lot of people love the mud pit, but its my firm belief that its an anchor while its tied to the rest of the site.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Alta Vista didn’t pull that kinda crap...just saying.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Alta Vista didn’t pull that kinda crap...just saying.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   

And MySpace didn’t censor you...but no, you just had to have the ability to play FarmVille.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
The politics is a relevant current topic
Possibly with more conspiracy fodder than anything else today

I have no problem whatsoever with the political boards. It has brought some of the most interesting conspiracy topics to the front. All for that

I am talking about the mud pit, which is designed specifically to insult, belittle, and echo chamber...its like opening up a wrestling arena in a library. It doesn't fit and brings in the wrong crowd, while making the ones a bit more serious about other topics find a new home.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

And MySpace didn’t censor you...but no, you just had to have the ability to play FarmVille.

My crops were coming in and I got coins.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Sorry.

ATS provided a forum where I could express my opinion and it wasn't the opinion of the evil leftist MArxists.

So their Uberlord "Google" decided to punish ATS by denying ad revenue because they had the temerity to provide a forum where I could express myself.

My bad.

I mean...Reddit has plenty of pretty hardcore right wing forums if all you are seeking is a place to express hardline right wing views...just sayin..

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Sorry.

My bad.

I mean...Reddit has plenty of pretty hardcore right wing forums if all you are seeking is a place to express hardline right wing views...just sayin..

Been banned by most.

I'm pro-freedom, not ideologically driven.

I'm still pissed that Hannity banned me. ####er.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Sorry.

So their Uberlord "Google" decided to punish ATS by denying ad revenue becausr they had the temerity to provide a forum where I could express myself.

My bad.

And wasn't it the the 'evli leftist Marxists' when they took over a country, stifled all and any opinions that opposed the
party line - Isnt't that stlll the case today in China? Or in Putins' Russia? Not to mention North Korea and other totalitarian controlled countries.

Now ATS is not a coumtry and is an independent forum that reserves tha right to set the narrative.

And that is exactly the problem - people trying to 'set the narrative'.

Right wing ideologues can, and do, become just as restricing as left wing ideologues.

Only FREE DEBATE marks a true separation from the control freak mind set.

People are scared of real freedom - But they are drawn to it.

A thinking Mans, or womans, forum must supply free parameters of debate and exchange of ideas.

Forums thet don't recognize this are already dinosaurs - They are one step away from extinction

edit on 3-8-2020 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   

...this kinda blew my mind

You're saying Hannity mods were like "take a look at this right wing jackass" and banned you? Thats...pretty impressive actually.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

...this kinda blew my mind

You're saying Hannity mods were like "take a look at this right wing jackass" and banned you? Thats...pretty impressive actually.

This might come as a shock, please. . . take a seat.

I don't agree with all conservative viewpoints.

But then again, I'm not an ideologue where I have to contort myself to justify the actions or beliefs of the ideology that some obey.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Well, I'm denying it

It's only one forum, but so many make it seem like it is the only forum.....and again....Be the change you wish to see

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   
What happened to ATS is that it's a profit driven business that is no longer profiting those who have invested their money in it. Times have changed, and the cost of doing business isn't reaping a worthwhile return any more. Can't blame them for getting out while the "getting is good" as the old saying goes. I'm just glad to have had the years here that I've had to get acquainted with so many good people I'll probably never meet but greatly appreciate anyway. Yes, that means every one of you I've argued with ad infinitum too.
edit on 8/3/2020 by Klassified because: re-word

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Aa reply to: SaturnFX

Yes, rereading your post it is obvious your point to me now.

It’s just bickering, (much like the creation evo forum, nothing about that is enjoyable). Trump lovers fighting Trump haters screaming opinion based on emotions (mostly Trump haters)

Having said that, I have learned a few things but your point isn’t mute

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: canucks555
ATS is dying because it was taken over by politics. Trump supporters seem to have a monopoly here, (Just look at the top threads, Mostly right wing crap. Same posters spamming the same garbage day in and day out.

Without intending to sling mud outside the pit, that is a perfect example of intolerance from the "tolerant" left mindset.

It goes both ways, I've seen quite a few on the left here that won't accept facts when presented with multiple sources and resort to constant name-calling because they have nothing else, so intellectual honesty and integrity has also taken a back seat for many here.

That's as maybe but to say this hasn't turned into a hotbed for the Right Wing is to deny ignorance !

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
That's as maybe but to say this hasn't turned into a hotbed for the Right Wing is to deny ignorance !

How many Donald Rumsfeld fans do you see here?
How about George W?

ATS is anti-establishment not "Right Wing".

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join