It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An idea for posters (ATS Capture the Flag)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

so now Im apologizing for having too much human interaction, and to me that is very funny.

And even though it doesnt matter one way or the other to me, I must say that if the only type of threads you can create are political ones, then maybe just this isnt the game/contest for you. Complete sentences, big deal, you have to be able to turn writer mode off and "speak" casually. My WPM drops under 100 when I have to type correctly

edit on 27-7-2020 by akiros because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: akiros

I was expressing my opinion that I find censorship to be antithetical to improving anything.
Call that trolling if you like...or not.

Consider, also, that I wasn't the one triggered into insulting anyone by making a juvenile derivative of their screen name.

It was also me who (accidentally) referred to you as “IAMTIT,” but since you didn’t address me directly about it and instead whined to the OP, and since it’s a funny typo, I’m leaving it.

Knock yourself out.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: KansasGirl
Lol
Why would it take "guts" to respond to you?
You into fattys?
I could put a word in with db.
Scooter for 2?

I have no idea what that is supposed to mean. Any of it. Am I into fatties? What the hell? Scooter for 2? What the hell? Whatever kind of high or drunk-speak that is, what does it have to do with ANYTHING?

P.s.

Learn to spell. It would be “fatties,” not “fattys.”

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   

guts because you dont have to use your mind as much as it is based off of experience. Much easier. The will of the instinct emasculated by endeavors.

Very useful if all you want to do is create political content.

Anyways, added to the first post

[may I please clarify that this whole idea was meant to be open ended for everyone and my intention was to create non political content seeing as how some of the other boards are hurting right now] I do think a free for all would be more fun, however.

I want to leave the contest rules up to the posters and participants though I doubt this idea will happen.

Scooter for 2? For who, you and Shooterbrody? Just enough spam to shut this idea down because you dont like it. No flags no clicky. All you did was make the post look weak. Oh well. Who's the fascist now? Your actions effectively killed an apolitical idea. Hope you like being contagious. Theres other ways to make yourself believe you are smart besides knowledge of politics.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: akiros

guts because you dont have to use your mind as much as it is based off of experience. Much easier. The will of the instinct emasculated by endeavors.

Very useful if all you want to do is create political content.

Shouldn't people who like politics...be allowed to make political threads?
Shouldn't people who like bigfoot, UFOs, ghosts, etc...be allowed to make those kind of threads?

Why coerce people into making threads about subjects they don't care as much about...or why punish them for making threads about subjects they do like?

Does that seem right?

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Why assume I think that way at all? Ive stated many times that it doesnt matter to me either way. Why are you ignorant of me saying this despite me literally having to say this 4 or 5 times. Deny your own ignorance honestly. You and one other most likely killed the idea anyways. Good job.

Ive stated many times that it doesnt matter to me either way
edit on 28-7-2020 by akiros because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   
And coercion? Please, I didn't even want the rulemaking to be left up to me. I only added that part because there has been a lot of complaining. Give it a rest already. All it would have taken would be "oh, neat idea, but lets include politics too" Not ranting like a tiamat. It's been almost a year since you have posted a non-current world events related thread or political thread. Did you know that?

oh well, if I have a vote it's all types of threads. Fine by me.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Its why I didn't respond to you directly.
No worries.
Kind of knew whatvto expect from ks.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Incentive to feel special like eating all of the marshmallows from the lucky charms and putting them back on the shelf.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 02:13 AM
link   
This thread is gold.

One person had difficulty expressing their idea about an elimination tournament game.

Then somebody is a fascist, somebody is a troll, somebody is unintentionally a tit, and somebody is a chubby chaser.

LOL

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 04:47 AM
link   

a reply to: Gothmog

Incentive to feel special like eating all of the marshmallows from the lucky charms and putting them back on the shelf.

So , you think you should stop being jealous ?

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe
I know right -- I'm sitting here drinking a beer and having a good laugh reading these replies

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   

I say alright, go ahead and include everything and im still being a censor because I namedropped. Do you even know who you are at this point?

honestly this garbage rhetoric is why I would just say forget and work on a forum of my own. Im capable, but i have grown weary of change in my habits. If you think i can survive and function with the personality you have cast upon me then you're mistaken; someone that assuming and challenged wouldn't be able to even use the internet.

Bet you're sorry you got up this morning, n'est pas?

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: akiros

So how exactly will this Masterpiece Idea solve the ad-block problem and increase the revenues ?😎

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

it isnt, i shouldnt have ever been born apparently.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

but what about a forum subscription service for perks, maybe special sub forums(cough) and different tier levels? I know a forum that saved. Or a pay to remove ads? I'd pay 10-15/mo for that.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

but what about a forum subscription service for perks, maybe special sub forums(cough) and different tier levels? I know a forum that saved. Or a pay to remove ads? I'd pay 10-15/mo for that.

I think somebody did the arithmetic and the income is insufficient 🥶

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

That sounds fabulous.
We should do that!

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

it's very clear this board isn't run by many coders. Just wish me luck creating my own forum if you really want to some kind of catharsis.

And what do you mean 'WE" ... are you a mod or an admin? Forgive me if im wrong but I thought you were just your average inflated user.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
So tell me , what does Stars and Flags mean on ATS ?
I will elucidate.
Nothing .
So if shooterbrody has almost 9 million stars, and you only have 69.000, that doesn't mean shooterbrody is a god and you're a mere mortal?

Seriously though, sometimes flags and stars point to good threads but at least as often they point to really bad threads, some of the worst threads I've read are some with the most flags and stars. They mean there's interest in the topic, but they don't tell us whether the topic is gold or trash.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join