It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Net help with flat earth model. Why we cannot take a hot air ballon to the moon.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

say what?

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: captainpudding

Will a ballon go into space and survive?

It depends on the balloon, if it were designed to withstand the conditions, sure.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I like the flat earth theory. Heck, the Egyptians thought the earth was square...the Babylonians thought is was hallow. Over 2000 years ago some smart dude figured out it was spherical using a stick and his brain.

Not too long ago the hallow earth theory became popular again. For a few years people were arguing for or against that theory. The world population didn't become dumber because of it. They actually used their minds on both sides of the argument in order to prove their position. Sometimes taking it to the extreme and using nonsensical data, but still, people had to use their heads and imagination in order to qualify their position.

If nothing else, the flat earthers and their opposition make for a very interesting read, sharing of ideas, and gives everyone a chance to see the world from a different perspective. That doesn't mean you have to believe what you read/hear/see, it just means you get a better understanding of how other people think.

I always check these threads out when they show up. Thank you to the people who create them! It never hurts to explore new ideas and I'm comfortable enough with my own viewpoints and mental acuity that I'm not afraid to hear different ones.

Besides...it's fun to think of the "what if's".

Thanks!
blend

edit on 21-11-2020 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

I respect flat-earthwes for their "do your own research" way of thinking, I just wish they would actually do it, lol. Anyone want to paint nasa logos on the ice shelf just for the hell of it?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join