It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Net help with flat earth model. Why we cannot take a hot air ballon to the moon.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Gothmog

The line drawn is to get the head around the fact that it's 3D

Edit hang on I think i got this wrong

2D plane in a 3D space.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
a reply to: schuyler

This thread is a good reason why ATS must die.

If you have such an issue with ats, you could just log out and not deal with it anymore....but of course, thats too easy.

I believe I have been her longer than you have, Mr. Moderator. As far as logging out, I suspect that will happen for all of us very soon now. I see no serious movement toward "saving" ATS, though some people are trying. My issue, and I'm surprised it isn't yours, is that the motto "Deny Ignorance" is obviously not operative in threads like this. It's ironic, to be sure, but misinformation is touted as truth here. Seattle with a 3 hour night? Seriously? It doesn't take much to confirm that is nowhere near the truth. But ATS flies right on by. And when someone points out the errors, well, you can see what happens. They're told to log out.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Maybe flat earthers live in the 2d dimension.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Everybody is allowed to have a voice and an opinion, no matter how ridiculous we might think it is.
Yes, you have been here longer than me and I do respect your opinions, but there is no reason to crap on ats....like I said, you can log out anytime.

If there is an issue, deny their ignorance.
We are all in this together, and I am a member first and don't see the moderator title....you do.
edit on 26-7-2020 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
a reply to: neutronflux

I think Abbot and Costello tried this in the 20’s.
They made it and had a good time.
But the episode has been scrubbed.
Good luck finding it now.

I have a copy of that, the movie at least. Every now and then I get nostalgic for them and pull either it or the one where they meet Frankenstein out of the bottom of the cabinet.

oh wait, ah, that was where they go to Mars. That was 53. They may have done a skit though on their TV series like that later in that decade.
edit on 31America/ChicagoSun, 26 Jul 2020 12:28:23 -0500Sun, 26 Jul 2020 12:28:23 -050020072020-07-26T12:28:23-05:001200000028 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

Well all public attempts to prove flat earth have failed miserably. But i do give them props for the effort.
Especially the guy in the rocket.

I think the main problem is that alot of money is needed to go into space. And money takes funding. That leaves the possibility that the funders are shils who will end up faking the experiment.

So maybe if an essentric millionaire who flat earthers trust could head the experiment.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Scripture tells of a glasslike firmament above us......true.....but.....In Seattle, it gets dark by midnight in the summer.....then twilight starts at 3 am......and lasts for 3 hours before the sun pops

No. At the Summer Solstice it gets completely dark in Seattle by 10:00 pm and gets light about 4:30 am. The official sunrise is at 5:11 am and the official sunset is at 9:11 pm. That's just shy of a 16 hour day.

This thread is a good reason why ATS must die.

I missed the ATS must die part.

By all means. Please read my mind and explain why I posted this thread in the first place?

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   

It is called "Vacuum of Space", Gravity and magnetic field. The whole reason why we aren't floating to space inside of Earth atmosphere. If you try flying Helium Balloon, it will suck the helium into space and you would have no fuel for your hot air balloon. Just like the oxygen being sucked out in sci-fi movies.
edit on 26-7-2020 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Well, I can confirm that the Earth is not flat.

I fell in to a volcano.

No, really, this one.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 05:22 AM
link   

I'm still trying to figure out why a flat earther doesn't just go to the top of the empire state building with a telescope and take some nice pictures of the Burj Khalifa, or maybe the Pyramids of Gyza? It's as if reality exists in direct contradiction of their faith or something

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: FinallyAwake

Well all public attempts to prove flat earth have failed miserably. But i do give them props for the effort.
Especially the guy in the rocket.

I think the main problem is that alot of money is needed to go into space. And money takes funding. That leaves the possibility that the funders are shils who will end up faking the experiment.

So maybe if an essentric millionaire who flat earthers trust could head the experiment.

The problem is, according to the flat earth model, you can just attach a camera to a weather balloon and let it record until it hits the dome, it would only cost a few thousand dollars, but for some weird reason no flat earther has ever tried it.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: captainpudding

Will a ballon go into space and survive?

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The moon is located in space. You would need access to someones imagination to get there.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

Or just take a trip to space... not that many people can afford it

at least its possible these days

spaceadventures.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

If it weren't for the atmosphere we would be in space.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

no... IF it weren't for gravity we'd be in space...

IF it weren't for the atmosphere we'd be dead... lol

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Dead, in space, not?

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Seems kind of apt to bring this to the thread. The excellent Mr Sensible used his own money to launch a balloon with three cameras attached: a wide-angled camera for the view, a narrow-angled camera with minimal distortion and taut horizontal reference strings to show any curvature (spoiler alert: there was some) and a camera to observe the balloon itself. Also mounted were temperature and pressure sensors to see what atmospheric conditins prevailed over the nearly 39km of ascent.

Pressure gets down to a fracion of a % of ground level and the balloon expands and eventually explodes as a result, all caught on video.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Dead, in space, not?

lol no...earth would just look like mars

probably not redish, but sterile... and a lot of dead things laying around

it not like everyone would just float off into space... gravity still exists with or without an atmosphere

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Why put on airs on a place having a dead atmosphere?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join