It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COVID-19 patients will be ‘sent home to die’ if deemed too sick, Texas county says

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   

“For all of those patients that most certainly do not have any hope of improving, they are going to be better taken care of within their own family in the love of their own home rather than thousands of miles away dying alone in a hospital room,” he said.

As the situation has gone from promising at beginning of the pandemic to desperate, the county judge reinstated a stay-at-home order and curfew on Friday. Another order will delay in-class school instruction until Sept. 27.

“Unfortunately, Starr County Memorial Hospital has limited resources and our doctors are going to have to decide who receives treatment, and who is sent home to die by their loved ones,” Vera said when announcing the orders this week. “This is what we did not want our community to experience.”

Hospital in Texas county - one of the poorest in the US - will send COVID-19 patients home to die if deemed to be too sick for treatment

Seven month later and this is where we are! I don't accept that this is the only answer.

They can expand beds and open up tent hospitals instead of just letting people die. Too bad there is not a treatment yet available in the US that people can take to prevent the virus from making them deathly sick. Other countries are using treatments like this.

Is this just fearmongering? Is the virus even real? I still don't know for sure.

Was it a trial run for an upcoming Dark Winter?

All Roads Lead to Dark Winter

edit on 25-7-2020 by LookingAtMars because: fix link

ETA - This was the first link I used. It has been 404'ed..

edit on 25-7-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Triage.

They are anticipating the need to free up resources by getting rid of those they don't expect to survive.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I get that but...

There are better ways than letting people die.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

I get that but...

Like what? Letting them live...lol

Is this bad?

''End-of-life decisions and hospice decisions and comfort-care situation for all those patients who most certainly do not have any hope of improving we believe they will be better taken care in the love of their own family and home rather than thousands of miles away dying alone...

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

No, lol.

More like, expand beds and open up tent hospitals.

And give people treatment at first signs of the virus.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Good article here, seems like they have figured how having a coronavirus of any kind in the past could protect a person from this Sars covid 2 virus by the way of specialized T cells. scitechdaily.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I really think this story is just a scare tactic. It will get worst as we get closer to the election.

Deaths and hospitalizations where I live are both going down. Even though the state of GA was never really shut down and our "shut down" time was shorter than any other state. Cases have been going up for months. Deaths and hospitalizations have been dropping.

The only thing I know for sure about this virus is, there are a lot of lies out there and people are using this virus for personal and political gain. At the expense of the many people, around this world.

Thanks for the link ricky. Will be sure to read it.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I get that but...

I wholeheartedly disagree. Dying at your home surrounded by loved ones is infinity times better than dying in a hospital. Think about it. Would you rather die in the privacy of your home, with whomever you want around you? And in your own bed, or at least a hospice bed in whichever room you choose?

Or would you rather die in a cold hospital room where the lights never turn off all the way, there is ZERO privacy, ZERO quiet, and a limit on how many loved ones can come in? Really?

EDIT: I misread your comment. Bad girl. You said better ways THAN letting people die. So I was commenting on something you didn’t say. Oops. Yes, it would be better if people didn’t die, but I think they are simply saying that IF they can’t recover they’re sending them home.
edit on 25-7-2020 by KansasGirl because: Sloppy reading.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

This is the 'care' you get from a 'for profit' medical system.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I get that but...

And sending the most virulent virus back into the community. Good way to infect whole families and friend networks.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

No I wouldn't like to die in a cold hospital. But taking the virus home to kill others would be low on my list of circumstances to die in. There is also the palliative care issues.

The OP's idea about tent hospitals is good. We have millions of unemployed people that would love the training and work to help in crises areas. Civilian Conservation Corps - we need a Civilian Medical Corps. Put people to work.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
lmfao.

just drive 30 miles to a real hospital.

health insurance works state by state usually. so that means they can go to any hospital in the state of texas.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

www.unz.com...

Wow. That information is worthy of a thread on its own.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

I get that but...

I wholeheartedly disagree. Dying at your home surrounded by loved ones is infinity times better than dying in a hospital. Think about it. Would you rather die in the privacy of your home, with whomever you want around you? And in your own bed, or at least a hospice bed in whichever room you choose?

Or would you rather die in a cold hospital room where the lights never turn off all the way, there is ZERO privacy, ZERO quiet, and a limit on how many loved ones can come in? Really?

EDIT: I misread your comment. Bad girl. You said better ways THAN letting people die. So I was commenting on something you didn’t say. Oops. Yes, it would be better if people didn’t die, but I think they are simply saying that IF they can’t recover they’re sending them home.

I think living would be better.

But I get what you are saying, and agree.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
DP

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

They can expand beds and open up tent hospitals instead of just letting people die. Too bad there is not a treatment yet available in the US that people can take to prevent the virus from making them deathly sick.

This just makes me sad and frustrated. Of course there are things people can do!!! Both before and after being infected. Things we can do for ourselves and by ourselves -- long before we need to seek professional medical help. And the information is out there... clinical medical studies... recommended protocols with simple supplements like liposomal Vitamin C and Vitamin D3 and zinc and so on.

Here's a start for anyone interested: Critical Care COVID-19 Management Protocol

Maybe it's time people start learning how to take care of themselves and not relying on others to take care of them... if we can't be arsed to do take care of ourselves, why do we expect others to take better care of us than we will for ourselves?

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

They can expand beds and open up tent hospitals instead of just letting people die. Too bad there is not a treatment yet available in the US that people can take to prevent the virus from making them deathly sick.

This just makes me sad and frustrated. Of course there are things people can do!!! Both before and after being infected. Things we can do for ourselves and by ourselves -- long before we need to seek professional medical help. And the information is out there... clinical medical studies... recommended protocols with simple supplements like liposomal Vitamin C and Vitamin D3 and zinc and so on.

Here's a start for anyone interested: Critical Care COVID-19 Management Protocol

Maybe it's time people start learning how to take care of themselves and not relying on others to take care of them... if we can't be arsed to do take care of ourselves, why do we expect others to take better care of us than we will for ourselves?

No doubt about it and thanks for the link.

It can also save you from more than just the COVID.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

As terminal as this sounds, I would rather die at home with meds and breathing machine. Than die in a nursing home with no family, friends or even my 2 Weimaranars.

I would have a sense of dignity being home in a familiar environment over dying alone away from home being scared.

It sounds terrible that it's come to this. But given the lesser of the two. At least Texas is allowing patients the opportunity to go home ( though not by choice ) but far better than the latter.

😑

What KansasGirl said:

Dying at your home surrounded by loved ones is infinity times better than dying in a hospital. Think about it. Would you rather die in the privacy of your home, with whomever you want around you? And in your own bed, or at least a hospice bed in whichever room you choose

edit on 25-7-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Not covid but Regis Philbin and Peter Greene died.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I really think this story is just a scare tactic. It will get worst as we get closer to the election.

Deaths and hospitalizations where I live are both going down. Even though the state of GA was never really shut down and our "shut down" time was shorter than any other state. Cases have been going up for months. Deaths and hospitalizations have been dropping.

The only thing I know for sure about this virus is, there are a lot of lies out there and people are using this virus for personal and political gain. At the expense of the many people, around this world.

Thanks for the link ricky. Will be sure to read it.

Exactly, not to mention hospitals do that all the time with patients whether it's telling family to take them home or put them in hospice. They did it with my Dad(RIP) during his last hospitalization

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join