It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COVID-19 patients will be ‘sent home to die’ if deemed too sick, Texas county says

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars
Is this a new way to turn a red state blue? Send all the conservatives home to kill off their families.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

COVID-19 patients will be ‘sent home to die’ if deemed too sick, Texas county says

Perhaps they should send them to school, trump seems to think that will be a safe place for both teachers and students.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
This policy should mesh real well when the evictions start rolling out.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

No there isn't.

Hopefully we won't get to that point. But if we do expect doctors to triage patients that they deem can't be saved.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Perhaps they should send them to school, trump seems to think that will be a safe place for both teachers and students.

www.cnn.com...

I think they will be safe.

Most of the deaths have been the old and sick. In prisons and old folks homes. Meat packing plants and so on.

Most people have a very small chance of being killed by this virus.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

www.cnn.com...

I think they will be safe.

Most of the deaths have been the old and sick. In prisons and old folks homes. Meat packing plants and so on.

Most people have a very small chance of being killed by this virus.

That comforting to know. However it they do get sick we can send them home to die. Problem/solution...

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Sick is relative. People with diabetes are at high risk. That's 34 million americans with another 10% of the population that are undiagnosed. Chances are high.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
This policy should mesh real well when the evictions start rolling out.

If I die, I don't think I'd care about being evicted. All I care about is my dogs going to one of 3 great homes. Yes I've had such a plan since before I got my boys. The other thing I care about and though nothing can be done about it is...

Clearing my browser history, no thanks to the things I had to research on ATS.

All in all, given the options. Home, I would want to be home. I dare landlords to throw a dying person onto the streets. That would make a local media outlet salivate.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I must say, that zero healthcare providers who have taken the oath, ever want to choose between who must receive and who will not receive limited resources. That totally sucks.

I worked as an ambulance EMT as a teenager, and one night there was a terrible traffic accident. My ambulance was equipped for only one patient, but they gave me 2 -- both kids -- because the other ambulances were already stuffed full.

I took vital signs, and one kid had a chance, the other .... .... ...

Only one lived. I will forever second guess myself for the choices made ... but I didn't have anti-shock trousers for both, and they were both bleeding internally. Ugly stuff.

This kind of situation sucks no matter how you see it; so, please don't look down on the healthcare people when they don't have enough resources for everyone. It happens, with our without COVID. If COVID patients increase in number too fast or too much, sure, some will be sent home to die, or maybe just die in the parking lot of the ER. It cannot be prevented if hospitals get oversaturated.
edit on 25-7-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

If COVID patients increase in number too fast or too much, sure, some will be sent home to die, or maybe just die in the parking lot of the ER. It cannot be prevented if hospitals get oversaturated.

I understand and agree with that. What I don't get is why are they making plans for death panels and running stories about it?

Instead of making plans for more ICU capacity and transport. Do they want people to die? It sure seems that way.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

That is a dark and twisted thing to consider ... that someone may want / benefit from people dying ... but it is conceivable nonetheless.

Death panels are never good. I would not want to be 'on' a death panel. I always think that individuals and families should decide that stuff.

I sure hope the people at the top have the best motives ... but who really knows?

But ... when resources run out ... yikes. Would we need death panels, or would the decisions of the people immediately involved be good enough?

edit on 25-7-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

Exactly, they don't need anything new planned. Doc's and nurses already know they have to make these decisions if it gets to that point.

And they surely didn't have to run a story about it.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   

better taken care of within their own family in the love of their own home rather than thousands of miles away dying alone in a hospital room

Why are they at a hospital thousands of miles from their home anyway? Why can't they be taken to a different hospital that isn't overrun with cases? Why send them home to infect other people? So many questions!

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   
So send them home to infect the rest of the famly!!
with people looking after them who dont have training to stop the
infection from spreding.

Put them in schools! it dose not take a lot of people to watch some one DIE!
and force a tube into there lungs to Help kill them.

edit on 25-7-2020 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Triage.

They are anticipating the need to free up resources by getting rid of those they don't expect to survive.

Naturally the poorer counties in this country have poorer patients. Late stage illnesses are very costly. Money drives everything. Cheaper to send them home to die.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I think its more likely they are sending people who really aren't that sick home, some people will go to the ER for the slightest discomfort. That's exactly what NYC was doing early on, sending COV+ people home who weren't that sick and only admitting those patients that needed it. Not every single person that is COV+ needs to go the hospital but the media wants you to think you need to. Part of the plan to overwhelm the hospitals IMO. The fact is that the vast majority of people do not need hospital care from COVID, but the media is scaring people so bad that people think they are going to die without going to the ER if they test positive.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Ummm... I was thinking more in the line of the doctor telling the sick, gasping patient there is no room at the inn so they should go home to die and the patient tells them they no longer have a home to go to. Are we gonna end up with a bunch of critically ill people dying in our streets not even able to die in the comfort and privacy of a home?
Lol, I am wondering if this county just had a hurricane, or the remnants of it, plow through it. Ya, let's just let those critical patients drag themselves to the nearest hurricane shelter.

And, yes, they are talking about the possibility of having to decide which of the critical patients have the better chance to survive and sent home those who the think do not have the better chance. They are running out of oxygen even.
The were doing ok until the gov over ruled their mitigation measures. They've ask the gov for help and were for the most part refused. They have been trying to find other hospitals to transfer some to both in texas and surrounding states.. it's getting harder for them to find one that will take them. This is what I am hearing. Weather or not it's true you can decide, probably already have.
And, I will just drop this little tidbit and let you make whatever assumptions you want. This little county is predominantly minority..

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

Yup. Its more than 30 miles. But San Antonio isnt too far.

I smell BS in this story.

Starr is a border county. Fwiw

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Many Covid patients aren't making it home to die in Texas. Now they are just stacking the bodies in refrigerated trucks.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Many Covid patients aren't making it home to die in Texas. Now they are just stacking the bodies in refrigerated trucks.

The video didn't say that!

They don't even have all the trucks yet. This is more media coverage about planning for deaths.

Now why would the media do that and why would you push their BS?

edit on 26-7-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join