It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Musharraf; Close Call with Bin Laden 10 Months Ago

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Pakistan's President Musharraf stated today that Pakistani forces came close to capturing Osama Bin Laden about 10 months ago, but Bin Laden eluded captured then and has since simply dissappeared. Citing the silence from Bin Laden , Musharraf feels that the network of Al-Qaeda in the region has been destroyed. Pakistan claims responsibility for killing and capturing hundreds of Al-Qaeda members and their supporters in the border region of the country. It is believed that Osama Bin Laden is still hiding in the mountains of the northern Waziristan region.

www1.wsvn.com
"There was a time when the dragnet had closed and we thought we knew roughly the area where he possibly could be," Musharraf said in an interview with the British Broadcasting Corp. aired Tuesday.

"That was, I think, some time back ... maybe about eight to 10 months back," he said, adding: "But after that, this is such a game, this intelligence, that they escape. They can move and then you lose contact."

The comments confirmed Pakistani intelligence officials' claims that the trail of the world's most wanted man has gone cold. Senior officials close to the hunt have told The Associated Press they have received no information on his whereabouts for months and have no indication of any specific attack he is planning.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

President Musharraf is simply doing his job by making this announcement in hopes to show that Pakistan is still an ally of the U.S. in the war on terrorism. It was reported that Musharraf is walking a fine line among his people for his support to America. Many in the region were upset when the U.S. withdrew technical survelliance equipment used in the hunt for Bin Laden from the Afghan border in order to use it in Iraq. Many people feel that the US even though offering a $25 million dollar reward for Bin Laden is not seriously pursuing the man. Pakistan is very proud of its military and is doing whatever it can to show its forces and actions against terrorism in a positive light even though the failure for capturing Bin Laden is partly their fault.

Related News Links:
Pakistan 'got close to' bin Laden

[edit on 3-15-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Why are they telling this now.Something is fishy i must say.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Close 10 months ago? 'Close'?? Yeah right.
Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.
'Close' doesn't count with terrorists.
Either you have them, or you don't.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Typical Musharraf saying "I'm still here doing my part. Please don't mind my nuclear scientists as they proliferate nuclear bomb 'know-how' around the world though, k?"

What could have been has no bearing on today.
Thank you for your efforts though, Musharraf.

seekerof

[edit on 15-3-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
What I don't understand is why they keep bragging abou their incompetance?

I mean how hard could it be to find a 6 foot something on dialysis?

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
well, they brag that they at least fail TRYING, showing good intentions and whatsmore and indeed it seems an announcement timed attempting to counter the storm around Khan.

I think Musharaf will survive this storm as well , he is an artist of sparing goat and cabbage....

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by warthog911
Why are they telling this now.Something is fishy i must say.

I'll agree with you warthog...something is fishy. I think Usama is dead and has been dead for a long time. You have to remember what the Prez said back shortly after 9/11:

****MISINFORMATION****

++++DISINFORMATION+++

I've seen many a good ATS'er run with disinformation...

I have'nt seen a good video with Usama doing any terrorist cheerleading in a long time. You hear about him but never see him...

Chief

top topics

join