It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Just Need To Know How Many People Are Currently Contagious

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
At the beginning of the pandemic I was checking the local case numbers daily...but as this thing continued on and on with no end in sight I stopped checking the local numbers daily and began checking them sporadically, every month or so. And as I still have to go out in public to buy groceries it would be nice to know what percentage of my local population are actively contagious right now. Surely most of the numbers are people who have already recovered and are no longer at risk of infecting people.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
In my area, where everyone is still queuing for shops and masks are about to become mandatory.... a total of 0.26% of the population tested positive. Over 4 months. 5 months ago I knew of 3 people who had the virus. Since then, none.

If I was old or inferm I would wash my hands a lot and not touch my face.

But staying in? Never. Never! Never!!!!!!!!

Wash your hands, don’t touch your face. Simple.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
just trust nobody !!!!!!!!
remember the zombie movies..... even youre partner can be an carrier...

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

Is best to stay inside the house.. keep your windows closed and several air purifiers running at all times.

It's the only way to be sure.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Our State site reports almost 102,000 cases. This is a cumulative total since the start. You have to look hard for the line where it mentions 75% cured. So that means that there are ONLY 25,500 for the State. That's not hospitalized or in ICU. That's just the total number of positive tests. I'd take a long look at that number before I used it. They lump nasal swab and blood tests into that number. If I got a blood test tomorrow that showed antibodies it would count as a case.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Check the rt value here in Georgia it's was at 1.06 and 1.00 is where the spread stops.

Georgia was at 2.78 late February was at .078 on April 15th, June 3rd 1.12 and has been slowly dropping even as positive cases spike

Rt, a key measure of how fast the virus is growing. It’s the average number of people who become infected by an infectious person. If Rt is above 1.0, the virus will spread quickly. When Rt is below 1.0, the virus will stop spreading

rt.live...
edit on 20-7-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

touch your hands,touch your face. Simple

No broblemo.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
We just had a little over 100 false positive cases. They had to notify all those people that the lab screwed up. I've heard of this happening elsewhere as well. Whatever the numbers are showing all over the place, they aren't all accurate.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
We just had a little over 100 false positive cases. They had to notify all those people that the lab screwed up. I've heard of this happening elsewhere as well. Whatever the numbers are showing all over the place, they aren't all accurate.

I agree 100% but it's much more likely the posted numbers skew it towards being more everything than less everything.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Surely most of the numbers are people who have already recovered and are no longer at risk of infecting people.
a reply to: MissSmartypants

Yeah I dont think the case numbers go away once a person is recovered. But I mean this person counts for two and maybe there are others like her out there

you can get corona virus twice

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Very difficult to know for sure, months ago a French medical team gave an estimate of 10 asymptomatic cases per one confirmed case, later on, a California hospital raised that to 65 per confirmed case, could be as high as 250 to 1.....most persons that get mild-medium symptoms think they have a regular flu and don't do nothing.
edit on 20-7-2020 by manuelram16 because: sp

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
And after all this time....I still don't even know somebody who knows somebody who's had it. And I only social distance in the check out line at the store. Other than that...and wearing a mask in indoor public places I haven't changed a thing.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Just walk around like everyone might be contagious and keep a bit of distance until you know otherwise. Doesn't mean lose your mind in paranoia. Also, act how you want others to act. Don't talk directly at someones face, talk to the side with the wind moving to the side of you and recommend the same (even a small degree change in head position).

pretty common sense really, but lots of people lack said common sense. I know the urge to want to hug someone you haven't seen in awhile, avoid it. fist bump or something or a reached out arm pat

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
And after all this time....I still don't even know somebody who knows somebody who's had it. And I only social distance in the check out line at the store. Other than that...and wearing a mask in indoor public places I haven't changed a thing.

you live in the burbs then I take it.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

i've known a few who've had corona, one had a harder run. corona exists. it kills. and it's not over yet. it will actually never be over, but there will be a vaccine someday. in germany we have a warning app that will report when you have had contact with one that tested positive. it is used by over 16 million people. i've been back to office for 2 weeks now, compared to about 2/3 of my colleagues. otherwise life here is pretty normal.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
Very difficult to know for sure, months ago a French medical team gave an estimate of 10 asymptomatic cases per one confirmed case, later on, a California hospital raised that to 65 per confirmed case, could be as high as 250 to 1.....most persons that get mild-medium symptoms think they have a regular flu and don't do nothing.

If it's anywhere towards being that high it's a helluva lot less deadly than we believe.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

There are members here who have had it, currently have it(matafuchs) comes to mind..hope he's ok. One of the mods best friend died from it, healthy and under 50..if I recall.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

i've known a few who've had corona, one had a harder run. corona exists. it kills. and it's not over yet. it will actually never be over, but there will be a vaccine someday. in germany we have a warning app that will report when you have had contact with one that tested positive. it is used by over 16 million people. i've been back to office for 2 weeks now, compared to about 2/3 of my colleagues. otherwise life here is pretty normal.

Amazing .
Germany , who are responsible for the EU's GDPR are not going by their own regulations .

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
Bloody good point!

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: oloufo

Amazing .
Germany , who are responsible for the EU's GDPR are not going by their own regulations .

in what way?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join