It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Gun Enthusiast Shoots Three Armed Intruders, Killing Two

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay

There are people here that will not answer a question directly when the answer does not fall in line with their opinions or proves they were wrong.
They redirect and never acknowledge they question.

I tend to just stop responding to those people instead of trying to push rope.
My time is to important argue with someone’s ego.

You obviously have come to that conclusion as well... welcome to the team..

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Annee

That was my take-away, too!!

I've shot many Glocks, and that's never happened...

So many odd things in this story. A procession of would-be burglars just kept coming through the door...an entity...a jammed Glock...

Thanks for recognizing my short, but to the point observation.

And — exactly!

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

LMAO, It's Florida, the criminals ain't the brightest bunch down there. A comedy train of repeat entry attempts doesn't seem all that odd to me, this IS the state that gave us gas station zombie drugs, after all.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Notoneofyou
a reply to: RickyD

Not trying to stir the pot, but, if the glock was set up for a suppressor it may jam if the suppressor was not clean/or not installed at the time.

But it is uncommon for flocks to jam if they are unmodified factory condition with regular maintenance and cleaning.

But, people are big into "modding" these days. Perhaps his piece had a #ty build from flashy aftermarket parts/springs and at home gunsmithing.

I’m aware of that.

However, this guy is no amateur.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Haha awesome title.

Now they rotting piñatas...

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Not at all.

But the term "gun enthusiast" is a bit unsettling. My brother-in-law, to whom I gave my guns a while back, has a nice collection. But he doesn't brag about it.

Nah, I knew a 'gun enthusiast'. Like literally, dude was really enthusiastic about guns, got a job at the gun range, signed up for the NRA when we were in America, wore the hat he got for signing up for weeks straight, always kept up to date on licensing and safety tests and stuff, owned more guns than he knew he had, he said usually around 17-20 at a time, but he buys and sells them a lot so didn't really know exactly.

Was definitely the guy I'd want around if I were going shooting or something. Probably the most responsible gun owner i've met. He helped me when I was going through the safety course and everything and he was always right on top of everything.

Now, to counter that, I also know a guy with several guns he owns illegally, he brags about them a lot, likes to take them into the bush and shoot random #, just acts like a complete and total fool with his guns. I would not call him a gun enthusiast...I'd call him a #ing retard.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: TheGoondockSaint

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: spacedoubt
I don’t believe the story.
He shoots one another enters, he shoots that one, another enters. Really! They kept coming?
They were as enthusiastic as he was!

Yeah. Something doesn't sound right. However, they were somewhere they shouldn't have been.

It's called a silencer. I'm not sure why I could see this happening and nobody else could. It's not that far fetched but I've seen too many movies.

No , there are no "silencers" legally available .
What , you don't believe what Forrest Gump's mamma used to say ?
"Stupid is as stupid does"

That's what I meant, thanks for the correction.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I have a friend that lives in a bungalow that used to belong to a gun dealer. Every door internal as well had a high security lock on them. He had a hidden room under the building with a firing range.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: spacedoubt
I don’t believe the story.
He shoots one another enters, he shoots that one, another enters. Really! They kept coming?
They were as enthusiastic as he was!

Yeah. Something doesn't sound right. However, they were somewhere they shouldn't have been.

It's called a silencer. I'm not sure why I could see this happening and nobody else could. It's not that far fetched but I've seen too many movies.

No , there are no "silencers" legally available .
What , you don't believe what Forrest Gump's mamma used to say ?
"Stupid is as stupid does"

That's what I meant, thanks for the correction.

They ARE flash suppressors .
Those ARE legal in some (if not most) states.
edit on 7/12/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You mean like relentlessly posting unhelpful posts?
Like I just did?

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Gun enthusiast?
That's what he's known for? That's his only avocation?

Okay. Bearing arms is one thing. But...

Maybe he sits on his couch and pets his guns...

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

They must have felt they had the upper hand somehow, I can't think of how though, that is the strange aspect to me. It's almost like pointing a gun at a cop after resisting arrest, you should know how that will end.

Most criminals aren't smart. Thinking you're going to have the upper hand on a "gun enthusiast" shows they either have a low IQ or a sociopathic personality. Either way two violent criminals won't do that anymore, society is better off.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

They must have felt they had the upper hand somehow, I can't think of how though, that is the strange aspect to me. It's almost like pointing a gun at a cop after resisting arrest, you should know how that will end.

Most criminals aren't smart. Thinking you're going to have the upper hand on a "gun enthusiast" shows they either have a low IQ or a sociopathic personality. Either way two violent criminals won't do that anymore, society is better off.

Of course, these criminals were not too smart to begin if an armed home invasion and other ill conceived plans were all they could think of. A diversion of some kind to get the home owner outside would have been a better idea.

Still, the story is almost comically, or like some single shooter RPG computer game scenario. I hope they have a good forensics team investigate the scene.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Annee

That was my take-away, too!!

I've shot many Glocks, and that's never happened...

So many odd things in this story. A procession of would-be burglars just kept coming through the door...an entity...a jammed Glock...

Thanks for recognizing my short, but to the point observation.

And — exactly!

You 2 are not alone, I thought the same, sketchy ammo could make it jam I suppose.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
You 2 are not alone, I thought the same, sketchy ammo could make it jam I suppose.

One of the more common reasons a _gun enthusiast's_ Glock jams is the maintenance they pull on it.

When rounds cycle, tiny chips of brass find their way into the reservoir that holds the firing pin. If there's enough lubricant mixed in with those brass shavings, the firing pin will piston resulting in a light primer strike malfunction.

It's also not very hard to induce a jam. See limp-wristing. There are lots of other factors that can induce jams in a Glock ... sketchy ammo being a primary.

edit on 12-7-2020 by Deplorable because:

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

You mean you don't??

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Now they'll want to defund the gun owners. I saw in Pa that 100,000 more people had background checks prior to purchaes so far this year than last year.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dutchowl

Now they'll want to defund the gun owners. I saw in Pa that 100,000 more people had background checks prior to purchaes so far this year than last year.

Yeah, pandemics and riots tend to draw out the liberals/left leaning people to the gun shops. My CCW teacher was talking about it back at the start of the whole mess, said it happens every time or whenever we’re (Florida) getting ready for a big hurricane.

We got a lil’ while to wait, they’re probably still stocking up and guns and ammo. They won’t start going after guns until the pandemic is over.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Its kind of disturbing to see just how the local gun stores have sold out of firearms and ammo. I was looking to buy either a long gun or another handgun but they're completely sold out. If it goes bang, it was sold. Companies like Ruger and Federal could run 24 hours non stop and still not keep up.
If Trump wants to pull a PR Superbowl win, he could authorize the selling of government stockpiles of ammunition and handguns back to the american people. They bought billions of rounds and thousands and thousands of guns under Obama and he could say he's doing it to help defend the american people and to defund the government.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join