It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Gun Enthusiast Shoots Three Armed Intruders, Killing Two

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Anyone breaking into my house and pointing a weapon at my wife, daughter, or myself is going to get the same thing. There's a loaded firearm in every room of my house, and every one of us knows how to use them.

But at the same time, why did the perps come in one at a time? Especially after the first got shot? Most of the time, you shoot one, the rest take off running. Was this an old James Bond or Bruce Lee film? At least in those, the henchmen would always wait til the guy before him in line got knocked out to jump in and fight.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Not at all.

But the term "gun enthusiast" is a bit unsettling. My brother-in-law, to whom I gave my guns a while back, has a nice collection. But he doesn't brag about it.

Ah, so forget the break in and focus on "gun enthusiast"?

You missed the plot, and you shifted the narrative.

Bad form, and nothing other than feels to feed your position.

I hope you do well in the months to follow.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Gun enthusiast takes his hobby too far?

I'm sorry guys, I shouldn't ask questions that infuriate the resident narrative.

Phage? Why are you triggering people with questions? That's rude!

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 03:53 AM
link   

a reply to: grey580

Better result than killing someone.
That is one very scary sound. My dad had a 12 gauge pump. I think my brother got it but he died. Don't know where the gun went after that. His wife is kind of nutty though. So that might not be a good thing.

You would prefer for armed robbers to be left to do their thing then ( which could be anything from stealing your most cherished belongins to rape and murder)?
Yeah sod homeowners wanting a safe place to live. Let the robbers live, regardless of eho might get hurt. The life of robbers seem far more important to you than innocent people just trying to be safe in their homes.
I don't consider the death of someone breaking in with bad intent worth even thinking about.
I think you are mixing up good and bad.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Gun enthusiast?
That's what he's known for? That's his only avocation?

Okay. Bearing arms is one thing. But...

Curious where you read this...can you point it out. Usually I catch really out of place stuff like that in articles.

I mean I too noticed that not 1 not 2 but all 3 came through the door into gun fire not away from it...and some how a glock jammed from natural use...even though they have been thrown from helicopters and work fine.

But where did it say anything about what you said?
edit on 12-7-2020 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I'm not particularly a gun enthusiast, but this is good news đź‘Ť

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

But what? Go ahead.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   
They went in the wrong house .

The third one got lucky. He’s most likely going to do it again

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
I don’t believe the story.
He shoots one another enters, he shoots that one, another enters. Really! They kept coming?
They were as enthusiastic as he was!

Yeah. Something doesn't sound right. However, they were somewhere they shouldn't have been.
edit on 12-7-2020 by lostbook because: paragraph edit

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

He shoots one another enters, he shoots that one, another enters. Really! They kept coming?

Yeah. Something doesn't sound right. However, they were somewhere they shouldn't have been.

It's called a silencer. I'm not sure why I could see this happening and nobody else could. It's not that far fetched but I've seen too many movies.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
It seems to me that if the preps continued to enter the home armed after shots were fired that they intended to kill the home owner and murder anyone else who was there. They must have known the home owner was there and that the method of entry (broken glass) would get someone's attention.

Investigators said he grabbed a gun and walked to the back of the house where he saw a masked intruder in the hallway pointing a gun at him. The homeowner fired his gun, striking the intruder. A second intruder, also pointing a gun toward the homeowner, was behind the first one. The homeowner shot him and he fell to the floor as well.

They must have felt they had the upper hand somehow, I can't think of how though, that is the strange aspect to me. It's almost like pointing a gun at a cop after resisting arrest, you should know how that will end.

PS: I can understand Phage's comment about the term "gun enthusiast". A collector like a gun smith or a war historian has a different connotation, they have an intellectual or practical interest in firearms. Where as a gun enthusiast sounds more like a "gun nut", a guy that jumps up and down clapping his hands in glee when he gets another high powered weapon for his personal stockpile. It is an interesting use of wording to perhaps color the reader's perception of the home invasion victim who was protecting his own life.
edit on 12-7-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Not trying to stir the pot, but, if the glock was set up for a suppressor it may jam if the suppressor was not clean/or not installed at the time.

But it is uncommon for flocks to jam if they are unmodified factory condition with regular maintenance and cleaning.

But, people are big into "modding" these days. Perhaps his piece had a #ty build from flashy aftermarket parts/springs and at home gunsmithing.
edit on 12-7-2020 by Notoneofyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGoondockSaint

originally posted by: lostbook

It's called a silencer. I'm not sure why I could see this happening and nobody else could. It's not that far fetched but I've seen too many movies.

No , there are no "silencers" legally available .
What , you don't believe what Forrest Gump's mamma used to say ?
"Stupid is as stupid does"

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

a reply to: Zanti Misfit

So , you Maybe have a Problem With Legal Gun Owners Expressing their Second Amendment Right to Bear Arms

Not at all.

But I think that some hobbies may not be really "healthy."

"Healthy" enough to save his life but not at all "healthy" for the criminals. Good for him.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

That was my take-away, too!!

I've shot many Glocks, and that's never happened...

So many odd things in this story. A procession of would-be burglars just kept coming through the door...an entity...a jammed Glock...

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

Every once in a while?

It happens, in all likelihood, far more often then many might think.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

How is defending himself, taking it too far??

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Hey. Look over there!

Squirrel!

No, no, no...

It's:

"Look, squirrel!"

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage