It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are some good alternative news sites besides Above Top Secret?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I've been lurking this site for many, many years. Since the 2008 primaries, I believe. The threads here about Ron Paul really opened my eyes to Libertarianism and government corruption.

With the future of ATS in question, I'm a little nervous I won't have a good place to find news and discussion if this place was plucked off the internet. I really hate the state of the internet right now. Reddit, Youtube, and Twitter crushing independent websites and message boards and just censoring people in general.

What's a good place for news and/or discussion in addition to Above Top Secret?

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Michigan72
I've been lurking this site for many, many years. Since the 2008 primaries, I believe. The threads here about Ron Paul really opened my eyes to Libertarianism and government corruption.

With the future of ATS in question, I'm a little nervous I won't have a good place to find news and discussion if this place was plucked off the internet. I really hate the state of the internet right now. Reddit, Youtube, and Twitter crushing independent websites and message boards and just censoring people in general.

Look thru last week and past threads. There are new ones. I myself posted a thread ...long list, cool sites.
MS

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Hey! I'm in Michigan!!

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
There are a bunch of us from Michigan, just look at the Whitmer threads.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Michigan72

voat.co

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
The Living Moon - Pegasus

Nice bright background and lack of any graphics.. looks like it was made in ms notepad.
With bright white colors burning my eyes to dust.

Sadly this is how most of other conspiracy sites look like.

ATS please do not go

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I can say just by dipping into some 'Fringe' sites that they are poorly moderated versus ATS where people will openly insult you there without reprimand. ATS is pretty much it when it comes to civil discourse. Other than the Pit of course which is slightly less civil discourse but still minus the name calling and insults.

Personally I don't care if someone calls me an asshole, it means they've lost the argument at that point but others who've only known this place as their home might be a bit taken aback by the over the top vulgarity used elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Nice bright background and lack of any graphics.. looks like it was made in ms notepad.

ATS please do not go

This is a very shallow evaluation. 👎

Look at the content. It is unique. Dig deeper.

Pegasus is an iceberg.

Regarding the skin, there are several options, one of them "easy on the eyes."
edit on 6/25/2020 by Creep Thumper because: ETA.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

ATS please do not go

This is a very shallow evaluation. 👎

Look at the content. It is unique. Dig deeper.

Pegasus is an iceberg.

Regarding the skin, there are several options, one of them "easy on the eyes."
edit on 6/25/2020 by Creep Thumper because: ETA.

Ye okay.. I did a closer look, looks ok I guess

And I spotted some old ATS member names I remember for some reason...

ArMaP and Zorgon

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

TYVM Creep Thumper.... the best alternative site and seeing Zorgon and John Lear's postings made me smile about the Good Ole Days!

Bookmarked it for when cold turkey becomes too much....

GMT 1847hrs time for a GnT and hoping some of our members are cooking up a way forwards... London is hot today!!!!

edit on 6/25/2020 by IceHappy because: Wot else spelling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(post by Plotus removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Michigan72

Plenty of alternative, never seen on MSM, at Information Clearing House, Lew Rockwell, Global Research.

Not as much discussion as here at ATS, but very good articles and information.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
www.survivalistboards.com...
is pretty good and also a great prepping resource.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
I can say just by dipping into some 'Fringe' sites that they are poorly moderated versus ATS where people will openly insult you there without reprimand. ATS is pretty much it when it comes to civil discourse.

Its like the nation has gone rogue out there, just a brief toe dip had me scarpering back here

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Ugh, the fact that anyone considers ATS a "news site" is part of the problem. There are plenty of other places for right wing fringe confirmation bias, as other members have posted already in other threads.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Good question?

Difference between ATS news and alternative news internet sites is that you would sometimes get news before mainstream would be discussing it.
And it wouldn't be one sided due to the mods.

As 1 that has been guided to keep EA*RTH social media to a minimum, other then ATS there is only one other site I frequent.
Multiple social media accounts can literally build a virtual persona that can be copied... Simulated. Imagine all the data-information given online easily. Location, family-friends, past family-friends and locations and your imagination can do the rest if you follow simulation theory.

As far as news CNN is a outlet I have personally followed since the The Gulf War (2 August 1990 – 28 February 1991), codenamed Operation Desert Shield (2 August 1990 – 17 January 1991) for operations leading to the buildup of troops and defense of Saudi Arabia and Operation Desert Storm (17 January 1991 – 28 February 1991).

I was still a child but was paying attention then as the youth do now...

Hopefully there will remain areas where truth through news can be shared. Unless some are hoping for a more dismantled humanity that has no clue of what is going on at all.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
I can say just by dipping into some 'Fringe' sites that they are poorly moderated versus ATS where people will openly insult you there without reprimand. ATS is pretty much it when it comes to civil discourse. Other than the Pit of course which is slightly less civil discourse but still minus the name calling and insults.

Personally I don't care if someone calls me an asshole, it means they've lost the argument at that point but others who've only known this place as their home might be a bit taken aback by the over the top vulgarity used elsewhere.

So, you saying that about rogue nation 3?

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Not supposed to mention other sites by name from what I recall of the T&C but the quoted and capitalized word in the first sentence is the give away.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

Good question?

Difference between ATS news and alternative news internet sites is that you would sometimes get news before mainstream would be discussing it.
And it wouldn't be one sided due to the mods.

As 1 that has been guided to keep EA*RTH social media to a minimum, other then ATS there is only one other site I frequent.
Multiple social media accounts can literally build a virtual persona that can be copied... Simulated. Imagine all the data-information given online easily. Location, family-friends, past family-friends and locations and your imagination can do the rest if you follow simulation theory.

As far as news CNN is a outlet I have personally followed since the The Gulf War (2 August 1990 – 28 February 1991), codenamed Operation Desert Shield (2 August 1990 – 17 January 1991) for operations leading to the buildup of troops and defense of Saudi Arabia and Operation Desert Storm (17 January 1991 – 28 February 1991).

I was still a child but was paying attention then as the youth do now...

Hopefully there will remain areas where truth through news can be shared. Unless some are hoping for a more dismantled humanity that has no clue of what is going on at all.

I get my info everyday before ats does from many sites that are not msm and not fringe. All that is on here is regurgitated msm news.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join