It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Project Veritas undercover video of Facebook

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

This video does not surprise me at all.

This type of censoring and bias goes on everywhere on the internet.

If there is a moderator who dislikes your content there is a chance they will delete it. I am sure we have all faced this type of abuse of power.

There are those who will not abuse their authority. But when it boils down to it, it seems to me most people do. It doesn't matter in what arena.

Who cannot tell me that there has not been biased censorship even here on ATS? I have seen it. Long standing members calling others trolls, for example, and nothing happens. While new members who really do get trolled and point it out in the exact same manner will get censored.

Or derogatory and false statements made against a certain group of people over and over off topic to a thread left alone, while the thread OP will be moderated and banned because of content that moderator is biased against.

This has been going on for far longer than just the internet. It went on at school when I was a kid. It went on in society before the advent of TV. It's the same story since time immemorial. Religions do it. Governments do it. All to suppress truth, fool the masses, mold public opinion, and keep control.
edit on 24-6-2020 by Adreamunfulfilled because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: panoz77

I don't trust Facebook, but I trust Project Veritas even less.

Why? They have been 100% accurate. Undercover video is hard to deny, even if you are giving out some bait to allow the person to spill the beans, it doesn't get any more real or transparent.

They have not been 100% accurate. I'd say they have a history of deception and a clear political and commercial bias. But I don't have time to deal with things on a case by case basis.

Video's can be doctored to misrepresent the truth. There are all sorts of techniques which have been used in movie production for years. Project Veritas video's have usually been extensively edited to misrepresent their topics and intentionally discredit.

You could use the following as a starting point and do some further research based upon the listed cases:

Project Veritas
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Give me one, just one example of "deceptive editing" from Project Veritas. Yes, they obviously edited the undercover videos down to the content showing the bias, that is not deceptive editing. Deceptive editing is removing commentary from the middle of a statement or simply cutting off a statement before it is complete, or asking a question and using an answer from an unrelated question. Project Veritas does not do this, however the MSM does all the time.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   
So Facebook is censoring anything pro-Trump and pro-Christianity, but there is supposedly a huge pushback against Facebook for allowing hate groups to remain there?

Something doesn't add up..

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Give me one, just one example of "deceptive editing" from Project Veritas.

It's the same dumb argument made in every single PV thread, but when asked for a clear example they can never provide any. Chr0naut "doesn't have time" to look at the details of each PV expose but will happily tell you how untrustworthy they are, despite them having an extremely good track record. I doubt chr0naut even took the time to watch this video before posting. It's a clear refusal to acknowledge any political bias on social media, and when it's impossible to ignore they say "well they are a private company" because they know it's hard to refute since conservatives often use that argument, and it is a somewhat valid point. However if they want to curate content in a bias way they cannot keep immunity to protect them against whatever their users post, and that's exactly what Trump's recent executive order was designed to do.
edit on 25/6/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   
New video from PV with another Facebook insider:

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Theoretical Metaphor to explain what is happening. You are in a department store that is guarded by cameras, against theft.

Do you:
A) Steal what you are after, in full view of the camera? (And end up justifiably imprisoned?)--[delete posts and openly declare Anti-Constitution Stance, when your right to practice business Requires respecting law]

B) Create a barrier between you and the camera so the theft can not be seen, carefully guarding your approach and exit paths so that it seems like you did nothing, and proclaim you did nothing when caught? (Arousing suspicion but avoidable with false witness testimony) -[Use deceit and manipulation to make it appear as though you are respecting rights, while actively engaging in hostilities towards the Nation & its Constitution, because you value money/power/conformity more than life itself]

C) Refuse to steal and honor a system that works just fine when groups are not actively attempting to over throw it.. (Actually respecting law and unalienable rights) [Actually Respect Unalienable Rights, possibly choosing to fight to the death for them]

Facebook chose "B)"- and commited to a serious violation of it's right to have a business license. Currently loopholes in laws allow them to keep doing this, a law from the 80's that is being taken out of context. They are under investigatiimon for Anti-Trust Law Violations. [But their market portfolio keeps flying through the ceiling because of automated investing protocals that invest based upon coverage of a corporation by media- good or bad. This is why they make money for being called to testify before congress- and why the economy will absolutely zero itself soon]

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I don't trust Facebook, but I trust Project Veritas even less.

Why? They have been 100% accurate. Undercover video is hard to deny, even if you are giving out some bait to allow the person to spill the beans, it doesn't get any more real or transparent.

They have not been 100% accurate. I'd say they have a history of deception and a clear political and commercial bias. But I don't have time to deal with things on a case by case basis.

Video's can be doctored to misrepresent the truth. There are all sorts of techniques which have been used in movie production for years. Project Veritas video's have usually been extensively edited to misrepresent their topics and intentionally discredit.

You could use the following as a starting point and do some further research based upon the listed cases:

Project Veritas
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The irony is you using and posting from Wikipedia, which itself has can be editing by anyone person to push an optic.

Any educated, credentialed individual knows this and why Wiki isn't allowed for use in any community college or University.

You've been told this numerous times.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123
But ... that Wiki page has 175 sources.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrCleannn
a reply to: Arnie123
But ... that Wiki page has 175 sources.

It's also missing the vast majority of work PV has done since 2016, and I don't see much about how PV deceptively edits their videos on that page anyway.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 12:14 AM
link   
A little update from Project Veritas
youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

originally posted by: Spacespider
Why is this not front page news on every paper and every news channel ?
This is some very nasty stuff... Facebook should get a lot of trouble over this.
I hope every share this on facebook btw.

Because the MSM is in on the collusion. Why else? We all know this as well.

I don't think the MSM purposely colludes. They are just naturally left leaning due to the results of the education system they have been through.

True. My son is studying media and journalism at University (wouldn't have been my choice for him, but what do I know?). He is utterly brainwashed into believing anything the MSM puts out and is so left leaning he's virtually a communist.

He didn't get those values from me and didn't have them prior to going to Uni. The education system no longer moulds minds into independent free thinkers. Instead it teaches them what to think, rather than how to think.
edit on 26-6-2020 by nik1halo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   
So one might hope the MSM would cover this story... but what story do they choose to cover the last couple of days instead? They decide to whine about how Facebook still has too much hate speech and needs more censorship, despite the fact it's already being moderated by people and algorithms with a far left bias. This is yet more proof of how the MSM are absolute clowns trying to engineer the opinions of the masses.

Facebook has announced changes to its policies around hate speech and voter suppression, but the measures have done little to quell the wave of companies pulling advertising from the platform amid backlash over how the company handles hate speech online.

The CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, on Friday announced tweaks to a number of policies, hours after the multinational Unilever said it would pull its advertisements from the platform for the next six months.

Zuckerberg’s announcements, however, did not halt companies’ demands for change. On Friday afternoon, Coca-Cola, Honda, the chocolate brand Hershey, and the apparel companies Lululemon and Jansport joined the more than 100 brands boycotting advertising on Facebook.

Facebook policy changes fail to quell advertiser revolt as Coca-Cola pulls ads

edit on 27/6/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

edit on 27/6/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Why is my feed constantly flooded with pro Trump, Christianity, etc...?

MURICA

hahaha I couldnt resist sorry

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 04:11 AM
link   

This is an emergent property of the environment. Facebook employs urban young people. This is a demographic more prone to having hostile views on religion, and pro-liberal political views.

If Facebook is not actively supervising the moderators and holding them to a standard of behavior, then the emergent property arises for Project Veritas to report on.

I think this is part of what Trump is wanting to achieve: a grievance process for removals, and a set of policies governing what is removed, when, how, why, etc. From my experience as a moderator on ATS, i cannot fathom how actions can be taken in a vacuum. Its just not how anything I do in my life is. I make decisions at home with my wife. Always. I make decisions at work with my team. Always. I make decisions about ATS with that team. Always.

If Facebook thinks it can provide a just moderatorship with rows of cubicles filled with 20somethings that are mostly unsupervised, they are crazy. That said...i am not sure how else they can handle the sheer volume of information they host. How would they afford to create a panel of staff to discuss each reported post? ATS can barely afford it, and we do it for free.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

This is an emergent property of the environment. Facebook employs urban young people. This is a demographic more prone to having hostile views on religion, and pro-liberal political views.

If Facebook is not actively supervising the moderators and holding them to a standard of behavior, then the emergent property arises for Project Veritas to report on.

I think this is part of what Trump is wanting to achieve: a grievance process for removals, and a set of policies governing what is removed, when, how, why, etc. From my experience as a moderator on ATS, i cannot fathom how actions can be taken in a vacuum. Its just not how anything I do in my life is. I make decisions at home with my wife. Always. I make decisions at work with my team. Always. I make decisions about ATS with that team. Always.

If Facebook thinks it can provide a just moderatorship with rows of cubicles filled with 20somethings that are mostly unsupervised, they are crazy. That said...i am not sure how else they can handle the sheer volume of information they host. How would they afford to create a panel of staff to discuss each reported post? ATS can barely afford it, and we do it for free.

That's what AI is for. They won't need humans, just some simple code to weed out the undesirables.

<< 1   >>

join