It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being single has its advantages

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 04:12 AM
link   
So first I am going to brag about my old job calling me and asking me to come back! Absolutely I will take it back.
Now on to my main thingy.
My home which is a rental from a old family friend so I got a really good deal he gave me the go ahead to fix it up and add some things.
Since I have been out of work and had much free time I turned one of the spare rooms into a mini gym. The garage is completely turned into a man cave. I built a new deck in the back yard with led underlit umbrellas and the stands are under the deck.
My living room is already essentially a small movie theater.
But I want to take it a step further.
Does anyone have any thoughts?
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Sounds like you've got a pretty cool setup and congrats on getting your job back!

Both being single and being married have their pros and cons, but I've got to tell you--sitting here with my second foot fracture requiring no weightbearing--that I don't know how I would cope without my husband.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41

Sounds like you've got a pretty cool setup and congrats on getting your job back!

Both being single and being married have their pros and cons, but I've got to tell you--sitting here with my second foot fracture requiring no weightbearing--that I don't know how I would cope without my husband.

Aww man I feel bad now. Is it a serious fracture or one that just requires you to chill for a week or two?
And if ya want some show recommendation I am happy to help.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Home theater, good workout room, nice deck. Sounds good. I would suggest, if you haven't, start a garden as well. Gardening is wonderful, it relives stress, and relaxes you and is fun. I would recommend planting some vegetables that you can use on a daily basis, like tomato, and herbs like basil, etc. But bushes, shrubs, grass, flowers, trees, and what not are also wonderful.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Adreamunfulfilled

I actually am currently building a small green house on the side of my home. I am going to do tomatoes and herbs. But I have to keep them safe from the rabbit that has taken home in my stash of wood and metal.
I rearranged all of it to make her or him to live in. The coyotes can’t get her there. And I feed her every day. But I want my plants there. So I think chicken wire may be what I need and I have a lot of that.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 05:12 AM
link   

VR..

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 05:37 AM
link   

You need to build the guest room for me.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Sex dungeon replete with gimp box.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Big taxidermy pieces are a must for any man cave.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I use to do stuff like that when I rented. What's nice now about owning though is keeping all that sweat equity.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Now that you're single...mirrors on the bedroom ceiling.

Trust me...the ladies love it.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   
make sure the kitchen is up to par.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I’m confused.
Your home which is a rental.

Are you renting or did you buy a former rental home?
Cuz if you’re renting, putting much money into fixing up someone else’s home isn’t advisable.

As far as being single.
That’s a personal choice and I choose not to be.
But I also got lucky to find a great woman... those are hard to find.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Cuz if you’re renting, putting much money into fixing up someone else’s home isn’t advisable

Unless you can do the work in lieu of rent. Then it is a win for the tenant and homeowner. If the work is done well.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
As to home theater:

Ever notice how modern movie theaters usually cover their walls in sound-absorbing fabrics?

If you want that “Movie Theater Experience”, cover some thin plywood panels with fiber-fill batting (used to stuff cushions - see fabric/craft store) and fabric, hang on wall like pictures to improve the sound quality.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
Does anyone have any thoughts?

Learn how to make pemmican. That is high on my list right now. That and getting a good vacuum system for packaging it for long term storage.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I did own my previous house but had to sell. Made a decent dime. And my rental is owned by a family friend. All the upgrades I have made helps the owner.
In regards to being single I just want to be tied down. Nothing against people that are married or anything but that is how I want to live.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Being tied down isn't always a bad thing....lol

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Totally get where you are coming from as a hermit it took me 40 years to figure that one out , Do what i want when i want where i want .

I remember looking at this old dog of mine and thinking how many women have you seen come live with me over the years

I treated women like cars two years in and i got bored easily , then on to the next one for another few years i run out of fingers counting while looking at the dog , i remember living with a younger nympho a decade or so ago thinking my worst nightmare in life was getting told honey i am pregnant ! they all got told No kids before they moved in and what was i doing like a madman that causes pregnancy , yip pack your bags time babe .

Now i live my happy hermit lifestyle do what i want when i want , the only thing i miss in life is a cuddle in bed but xxxx do i love the piece and quiet

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyinHeadlock
I use to do stuff like that when I rented. What's nice now about owning though is keeping all that sweat equity.

You never own anything in life Bud you just borrow it from G-D

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join