It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

photo upload = broke

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   
hey - just attempted an image upload for a thread reply

and its " broke "

yes - i do know how to use it

it really is broke

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Working here.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Working..
Don't forget about size

edit on 22-6-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Some common issues would be having an ad blocker, too large of file size, or trying to upload .jpeg's. Must be a .jpg to work.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
no ad-blok

size = smaller than allowed previous

extension - ,jpg

now done it -all-beit with a png

stoopid thing

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Bad file maybe?

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
works...

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
That must be very recent. I managed it successfully, at the very first attempt, a fortnight ago.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

and its " broke "

it really is broke

No it really isn't.

Photo upload != broke
edit on 22/6/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

and its " broke "

it really is broke

No it really isn't.

Photo upload != broke

if (file_extension !== ".jpg")
cantupload()

I would say that an upload feature that only can handle files if they are ".jpg" and not ".jpeg" is broken

What about other formats, i want to upload a gif, or png, or whatever, why does the upload thing doesn't support modern format? That's what broken means on a website, it is broken because it needs special treatment to work, if you go to imgsrc.ru and upload any kind of file it just works, even if you don't have extension on it, it just knows what format it is and you will see the file there, and whatever format it was, png or gif or such and such

I also had issues before, when saving a jpg on a mac and trying to upload, it would fail and then i had to convert it to a jpg online, the second less good and ugly looking version would work for some weird reason, even if both were jpg

That's a broken feature, really!

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Dang bigburgh! You been working out man? You're lookin buff!

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoneSay

and its " broke "

it really is broke

No it really isn't.

Photo upload != broke

cantupload()

I would say that an upload feature that only can handle files if they are ".jpg" and not ".jpeg" is broken

What about other formats, i want to upload a gif, or png, or whatever, why does the upload thing doesn't support modern format? That's what broken means on a website, it is broken because it needs special treatment to work, if you go to imgsrc.ru and upload any kind of file it just works, even if you don't have extension on it, it just knows what format it is and you will see the file there, and whatever format it was, png or gif or such and such

I also had issues before, when saving a jpg on a mac and trying to upload, it would fail and then i had to convert it to a jpg online, the second less good and ugly looking version would work for some weird reason, even if both were jpg

Dude, website's like 20 years old, i've been browsing this place since the early 2000's pretty much nothing's changed. Everything you, me or anybody posts is monetized in some way. We all forfeit any rights to anything we post by posting here. The owners give zero to no #s. They care about their ad revenue, just click the above network llc link in the footer if you don't believe me, be happy this place exists, and if you know enough to give a # about filetypes, then just do what you do with all the other tech literate people, suck it up and realize nobody in the general public gives a #.
edit on 22/6/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

What about other formats, i want to upload a gif, or png, or whatever, why does the upload thing doesn't support modern format?

The image on the post you quoted is a PNG. My avatar is a GIF.

Maybe you should look at what it does before you saying it doesn't do it.

PS: the smiley above is also a GIF.
PPS: GIFs are far from a modern format.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

What about other formats, i want to upload a gif, or png, or whatever, why does the upload thing doesn't support modern format?

You know what i mean, you just do the exact same thing that causes this site to go down, and yet still try to keep doing int until the end

Most people don't know the difference, "if it fails it fails"

If you were less trying to make excuses and push for more excellence, maybe this site would not be going dead soon

But if mediocrity is what you like, then have it all, it will end soon enough and it's because of that way of thinking

It doesn't matter if you can upload any format or not, it's dumb and mediocre that it differentiates from .jpg and .jpeg, or file size or any other ridiculous thing like if it came from a Mac or Windows or Linux

It is mediocre and that's all there is to it

I wasn't even born when this site came around, and people probably have been making the same excuses all along, so you go dark, that's all in the end

And yes it is very broken, unable to handle the most ridiculous and simple problems other sites have been able to handle for decades, it is outdated and bad and broken, it can't handle a file name extension, that is all that needs to be said

You try to push away people that point out the issues! "You are not looking at it the right way, you need to stand on one leg while pushing the upload button while turning to your left slightly but not too much to the left or it will not like it and fail"

You don't listen to the users, you try to prove them wrong no matter what, go into defensive mode because someone said something was wrong, when it clearly is, you find ways to tell them they are wrong. That's how you guys treated this and other issues for decades, it doesn't make any sense but whatever

edit on 24-6-2020 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

You think new people will come around if they get answers like that to problems they see while using this site?

You don't see why this turns people away, and that's one of the reasons the site is dying? You think someone will care about the site if they are told to shutup and pretend everything is good, every.single.time they point something is not as it should be, to make it better?

I don't get you, but i'm starting to think that this "if you don't like it go away" thing is very general on here, and then they lament and complain that the site is going down, what's the deal with that?

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   

and its " broke "

it really is broke

No it really isn't.

Photo upload != broke

cantupload()

Dude, website's like 20 years old, i've been browsing this place since the early 2000's pretty much nothing's changed. Everything you, me or anybody posts is monetized in some way. We all forfeit any rights to anything we post by posting here. The owners give zero to no #s. They care about their ad revenue, just click the above network llc link in the footer if you don't believe me, be happy this place exists, and if you know enough to give a # about filetypes, then just do what you do with all the other tech literate people, suck it up and realize nobody in the general public gives a #.

Yes site is old, i was born in 2002 in December 25, the site is older than me, and it's amazing how it never got updated in all that time lol

I don't need to 'suck it up' because it means nothing to me, i'm just pointing out the failure, i am not desperate or in any way trying to do anything but saying what i think of this dumb issue

Why are people so panty twisted these days? lmao

I should not happy this place exists or goes away, it not about that!, And if it was, i could not care less, i have other places to go and it's not as if anyone is going to die if the site goes down, well maybe some mods and that guy that went all heroic trying to gather money to buy it because he knows he is going to be a nobody anywhere else and he's too old to start again, but all that stuff is of no consequence to me

I just pointed out that yes, the upload feature is broken by design. And if people around would have care about the small details before, they would not be worrying now about the big details
That's all

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   

You know what i mean, you just do the exact same thing that causes this site to go down, and yet still try to keep doing int until the end

No, I don't know what you mean, I only know what you wrote, and as it was wrong I pointed out your error.

If you were less trying to make excuses and push for more excellence, maybe this site would not be going dead soon

I wasn't trying to make excuses, I was pointing your error.

But if mediocrity is what you like, then have it all, it will end soon enough and it's because of that way of thinking

I don't like mediocrity, I like facts, and what you posted was wrong.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I’ve had issues posting png and no luck at all posting gif’s, even had problems posting jpg’s w/correct file size and the no jpeg’s is silly and a PIA because trying to convert to jpg sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t. If ATS sticks around it needs to address the file upload issue. It’s very antiquated in its current state.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Yes site is old, i was born in 2002 in December 25, the site is older than me, and it's amazing how it never got updated in all that time lol

The site was updated several times, the original site didn't even had have an upload area, we had to upload the images to an external image host and then post the link to the image. That's why, if you look at older threads, you will see most images are missing, as most image hosting sites that were free at the time removed the images.

This how the site looked back in 2002.

edit on 25/6/2020 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

All the times I had problems with file formats it accepts the reason for not being able to upload them was file size.

I think the limits is 2 MB.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:16 AM
link   

No, I don't know what you mean, I only know what you wrote, and as it was wrong I pointed out your error.

I wasn't trying to make excuses, I was pointing your error.

I don't like mediocrity, I like facts, and what you posted was wrong.

No, it is clear you work around the real issue finding anything to nitpick, it may have worked before but not for me or anyone else these days, it is an excuse, you derail into a small issue with my comment and run away from the real problem

And i have said and explained why, the upload feature 'is broken' and nothing you say will change that 'fact', if you like facts
you should have agreed with that, because IT IS broken, it is mediocre and it has been for a very long time

You don't like mediocrity? Then you should not try to push people away by looking for ways to tell them they are wrong

If uploading a gif worked for you, doesn't mean it works for everyone else, or a png. Understand this! That you don't see a problem doesn't mean anything, there is a reason some people complain about it, it's because they had a problem, don't dismiss the problem just because you did not have it yourself, that's not how you make a good site work, it takes it down.

How can it not be clear that your own experience is not the same other people have? If it has worked for them, there would be no thread saying "it's broken", you don't want to bother with the problem at all?

I have before tried and it failed, i don't know why because it is so mediocre that it just reloads the page and there's no error or anything to help me understand why. IT may work a bit different for you, but go save a png or gif on a mac and then upload it on a thread, maybe you can reproduce it

Also go upload a mov/webm file, can you?

Stop derailing into any possible issue, you are just doing the same thing over and over, just please accept the image upload feature is not good enough and that's all there is to it

ATS is not perfect, no site is, getting all twisted about someone pointing it out is ridiculous. IT is behind the times badly
edit on 26-6-2020 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join