It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe WE can help ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   
im sure many of you have seen it... IF not

The Future of ATS

I don't know about you people, but I've been here over 10 years, signed up almost 10 years ago but I did my lurking

There hasn't been a day that passed in that time without reading my ATS...

I've been through various phases, and situations in my life, but this site has always been my home... and I don't want to see it die

So... what can we do? How can we help?

maybe someone can set up a "GoFundMe" page... or something?

Im sure theres tons of ways to donate... and I would gladly do my part

ATS needs help...

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Whenever breaking events happen ATS is on the ball with a report.. sometimes even people on the ground before any real news media is covering it.

That alone to me is worth more than what I would pay for cable if I had it.

SO needs to tell us what it would cost to update the infrastructure/software to support a member subscription model and set up a GoFundMe for it.

Then we will just make capitalism work.

ATS is the Last Best Place on the internet.

It needs to keep going.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   
There is no saving ATS. It's a niche website with stubborn owners that competes with larger and better communities.

ATS won't make as much as it would like via donations or subscriptions, and nobody would take the alternative route of buying the website because it is being run into the ground and making little money.

This website will unfortunately fail, and our members will move onto other corners of the internet.

edit on 17-6-2020 by daaskapital because: Added more points

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Agreed.

It’s done

It’s sad but i think ATS has had its day

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
There is no saving ATS. It's a niche website with stubborn owners that competes with larger and better communities.

ATS won't make as much as it would like via donations or subscriptions, and nobody would take the alternative route of buying the website because it is being run into the ground and making little money.

This website will unfortunately fail, and our members will move onto other corners of the internet.

Please link for me a better conspiracy theory website on the internet.

Thanks in advance...

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Agreed.

It’s done

You would be pretty happy about that, after years and years and years of getting kicked around like a football here for your asinine political viewpoint.

I think saner members will find a way to fix it.

Let's see where it goes.

edit on 17-6-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I would donate to a gofundme ats page.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
1 fish

edit on 17-6-2020 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   
2 fish
edit on 17-6-2020 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   

better communities.

Like who?

If it does we should all agree to met up on some new forum together.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The answer seems self evident. People use ad blockers here because the site is impossible to view without it. It jumps, redirects, obscures the page and sets off security warnings.
Yes I know, "it works fine for me" and "I don't see any ads". Fine but obviously it is a problem for a whole bunch of members or it would not have been the topic of so many posts.
Plenty of other websites have figured out how to run ads without losing users and I know our host is a wise and able man, so what's the problem?

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Agreed.
It’s done

Tell me more. What why and how the heyday became to be so and demise of? Great institutions do not fail as they adapt to changes in the environment and continue on. The United States of America is having another day in its history as well and will survive. Neither organization will miss you at all.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Thanks in advance...

www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/ and all the affiliated sub-forums out-compete ATS every single day, and the content can often be comparable (especially nowadays).

Even Godlike Productions is out-competing ATS in some capacities these days. I mean, that website sucks, but it goes to show just how poorly ATS is doing.
edit on 17-6-2020 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Thanks in advance...

www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/ and all the affiliated sub-forums out-compete ATS every single day, and the content can often be comparable (especially nowadays).

Even Godlike Productions is out-competing ATS in some capacities these days. I mean, that website sucks, but it goes to show just how poorly ATS is doing.

I think the qualifier in the question was "better"
Perhaps you need a definition :
Better:

adjective adjective: better
1. of a more excellent or effective type or quality.

You confused the term with an antonym of the word , which was
Inferior :

adjective: inferior
1. lower in rank, status, or quality.

(Defs by Google Defs)

Perhaps that clears up the 2 words and their meanings
You are welcome

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Agreed.

It’s done

You would be pretty happy about that, after years and years and years of getting kicked around like a football here for your asinine political viewpoint.

I think saner members will find a way to fix it.

Let's see where it goes.

What a prick.

News flash nobody gives a dam about your posts either.

This site is dead.

Have fun getting kicked around like a football in the big bad world off Twitter and Reddit where you can’t count on your echo chamber or the robust T&Cs of ATS that keep me from saying exactly what I want to say.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Why not just set up a ATS on Discord? The server can support multiple forums, and could still be separated by category, and the same mods can be mods.

Only difference is there won't be separate threads on that platform.

There could be an ATS on Reddit. I can't stand Reddit though. The way threads are organized on there are a pain in the ass, and I always feel like I'm scrolling up and down, and each comment turns into it's own thread, and I end up getting irritated before I'm even a few comments in.

As far as this site going down. I kind of felt it was kind of inevitable. Part of the reason why I joined. I wanted to participate while I could.

I hope the other conspiracy websites are ready for the migration of users.

Buuuuut it would be super awesome if a way to keep this site up and running is found.

I can't stand Twitter, Reddit, or Facebook.
edit on 1762020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

In many cases, Reddit is better than ATS (hence why i posted it first), but one would have to sift through different communities. r/Conspiracy is broad and contains information like ATS, but if you look on its sidebar, there are communities for different alternative topics.

I mentioned Godlike Productions to indicate just how poor ATS is doing now.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   

In many cases, Reddit is better than ATS

I will give one exception.
And ONLY ONE.
I do go there before I buy upgrade parts for my PCs
Just to check for potential issues.
However , I use Tom's Hardware first.
Otherwise , my opinion stands.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Example of Reddit thread:

-based
| |-Noooo!
| |--NOOOOOOO!
| |---[explodes]
|
|-F*** Trump
| |-Yeah!
| | (comment deleted)
| | (comment deleted)
| | (comment deleted)
| | #ing pig
| | Go kill yourself
| | (comment deleted)
| | Die racist

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I will pay a monthly fee , as I have recently became financially able and do not want to see my beloved ATS fade away into the sunset.
I was here , in one form or fashion , since the near start and $ 20 /month or so is not bad.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join