It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ad free youtube? For free?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Are you sick of having to sit through 5 seconds of ads on YouTube?
listening to some meat head shaving his undercarriage for a manscaped commercial.
Or anyone of the hundred others.

Well get it while it hot.... And before it gets patched.

Add another period after the .com in the URL

Example.

www.youtube.com...

Becomes

www.youtube.com..../watch?v=YdsmxzaHtSQ

Notice the period added between ".com./"

Take advantage of it before it gets patched.
This will also allow you to get around most news paywalls.

Don’t believe me?

Link to article proving I’m not full of bs.

edit on 12-6-2020 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

That's cool, but couldn't we just have had an e-mail/private message campaign that avoided letting people at google know?

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

I heard about it on Sirius radio today.
The words out already.
I just want you wonderful folks to have a little taste of the freedom before it gets shutdown.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Adblock origin browser plugin on the pc.

"Brave" browser mobile.

I don't take kindly to ads.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Or you could just use Firefox and use the ghosterly, Adblock, and adblocker ultimate add-ons. When you have all three enabled it gets rid of ads on YouTube and everything else.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Oh nice, I didn’t know that.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Please don't talk about ad-blocking.
Many websites need ad revenue to operate. Let the people who don't know internet basics and/or can't be bothered to figure it out themselves provide that.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Or you could just use Firefox and use the ghosterly, Adblock, and adblocker ultimate add-ons. When you have all three enabled it gets rid of ads on YouTube and everything else.

Add NoScript to that.
Not exactly for beginners, but you can control all scripts running on a webpage.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz
yes, pls consider these young upstart companys like youtube.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

SILENCE!!! Back evil one!! Its ppl like you why the world's like it is, begone!!

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Nice one my friend, the Ads are especially annoying on Coast 2 Coast Am. Every 2min it seems.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 12:54 AM
link   
In SA we get a lot of woke ads where diverse people awake to social distance in montages while wearing masks.
First it was all this stay home stuff, and how cool it is to do yoga, wear pajamas all day, learn to play Happy Birthday on the piano, and now this.

I wonder, how many of these models grin like a Shetland pony under those masks?

I actually love my camouflage mask (when I finally found them I bought two), but what irks me is I can't tag a photo on Facebook with that mask, and it won't even go to My Photos.
If social media is super-woke, shouldn't it encourage people to only post pics with masks?
Instead there's mask discrimination!

I even wear my mask while surreptitiously training in the park (the gyms are closed). But at a stage the masks drop, and we stare at other in shock for a moment: "Eek! A man with a naked nose!" But after a minute it's cool. Long or short, we've all got one. No big deal.

But the ads are unbearably preachy, although YouTube keeps offering a month free preview of an ad free option.

Never took it though, instead I opt for demonetized channels, which means ad-free, and usually worth watching.
Since so many things can get a clip or channel demonetized, eventually they will outgrow the ads.

Although "demonetized" means the content creators (unless totally charitable) will still throw in a plea for alternative funding or some game or VPN promotion (which falsely promises you untraceable web activity), but I'm willing to overlook that.
edit on 13-6-2020 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Firefox has had an extension to take care of that for a long time now. Works pretty well.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Just unblock your favourite sites.

Youtube has gone ad crazy in recent months.

I literally click skip and within a minute there is another.

I reported one particular ad as it appeared every five minutes as repectitive and I got shot down in flames.

originally posted by: trollz
Please don't talk about ad-blocking.
Many websites need ad revenue to operate. Let the people who don't know internet basics and/or can't be bothered to figure it out themselves provide that.

new topics

top topics

join