It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHAZ Community Garden

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliquandro
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck
They have 3 pot stores within walking distance, this is Seattle

That's one reason why I'm surprised they have such a bad garden. You'd think at least one person with some "home gardening" skills pre-legalization would be in their little group somewhere and would have given them a hand.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Despite all the disparaging remarks, it looks like these gardens are actually maintained by someone who knows more about gardening and agriculture than any of you.

Meet the Farmer Behind CHAZ's Vegetable Gardens

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Despite all the disparaging remarks, it looks like these gardens are actually maintained by someone who knows more about gardening and agriculture than any of you.

It certainly doesn't look like it in the images that I've seen, perhaps he needs to pass on some of his knowledge to his little helpers?

I attended agricultural college, have lived and worked on farms, I've worked in horticulture, and I've been passed down knowledge from my Mother who is a several-times Britain in Bloom award winner, including gold, and if I've learnt just one thing in all my years, it's that you're supposed to remove the plant from the pot before sticking it in the ground,

I agree with others, my kids have put together more organised plots in their school gardens.

Still, good effort, and all that.

Lol

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

as i said do they think they will be there long enough to eat any of the food. how long before anything is ready to eat? a month is maybe the shortest time for any i would say. and there are people that own some of the property in the area who are not part of the armed terrorists thugs patrolling the blocks and check points, who will no doubt going to start raising hell about having to pay a group of thug terrorists to get in their homes and business.

dollars to doughnut the gov, lefty or not will have to call the state police and guard in before long and before any food can harvested.

edit on 12-6-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

It might look like that, until you look further into it.

His education isn't in the agricultural sector. He has a bachelors' degree in Energy Resources Engineering and a masters in Sustainability in the Urban Environment. It doesn't say what school he went to for the masters, so I looked at CCNY's master's program for the same thing:

A required five-course core curriculum lays a foundation in sustainability values, strategies, and metrics through coursework in urban and natural systems, environmental economics, and industrial ecology. These core courses aim to give students with diverse educational backgrounds and perspectives a common language and shared direction. Emphasis is placed on approaches such as 'whole systems thinking' and life cycle analysis, for a more complex understanding of urban systems. A key feature of the core curriculum is a six-credit capstone interdisciplinary project designed for teams of students with different backgrounds, and carried out in two consecutive semesters.

There might be a course in there somewhere with some rudimentary agriculture material, but I'd hardly call him an expert. Looking at his Instagram, which is supposed to feature some of his "years of experience in sustainable agriculture" I'm not seeing a whole lot.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
a reply to: JinMI

mmmmmmmmhmmmmmmm.

in...... america.

wanna talk about who stole what from whom to start with?

They stole the land from the indigenous seatleites

It just goes to show you that they are doing the same thing they rag about, the have a gated community with armed guards

Plus I saw the library it is about ten book laying on the ground.
edit on 12-6-2020 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2020 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

I agree with others, my kids have put together more organised plots in their school gardens.

Still, good effort, and all that.

Schrödinger's crops...

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

These things always, always, always get hijacked. If, like I said before, they arent formed with the corporate-political agenda from the start.

The celebs and corporatists are funding the legal fees and getting their messages out for them. They are signaling that the only way to end black oppression is to oppress all non-black people in the 99% non-elite with their apologies and confessions that they profited off black oppression in the U.S.

The politicians are giving them the keys to occupy public buildings and complying with their every demand. Government is all prepared with proposals to get their agenda going and are ready to take action.

The elite are letting them believe they are leading this revolution when they are clearly being led...and it's clearly not their revolution.

How any of these idiots can't figure it out is beyond me. It has to be the narcissism...they can never admit their weaknesses.

Truth be told, when I was 20, I'd probably do as crappy a job at planting a garden as they did. But they could never admit they are not any smarter nor enlightened than the generations before them. They want so badly to believe that life experience is a bad thing.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

So I clicked on your link and first thing I saw was banner ads from the 3 pot stores I mentioned that are a local conglomerate in this neighborhood.

I read the whole article too and I live here, this guy is gardening in CAL Anderson park ffs, its a junkie park similar to ones in LA and SF and there's needles and urine and feces and garbage. This is not a pristine area for gardening, its where my nerdy LARPing friends would play kickball amoungst the junkies and winos who would call it home the next morning and sleep and urinate everywhere. I really do know this neighborhood so I'm surprised so many articles making it sound wholesome. This is NOT helping the small businesses I know in there, who's customers now have to face possible frisking and questioning just to get some pizza or a doughnut, these are small independent businesses this opportunistic agenda has messed with, I feel for Retrofit and Big Marios, theres a great taco place on that block too as well as several great small coffeehouses, all going to get squashed by this chaos.

I have a wonderful garden this year, despite this madness

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliquandro

I look forward to your posts on what is going on there, thanks for keeping us all updated!

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I look forward to your posts on what is going on there, thanks for keeping us all updated!

Crazy thing is I dont wanna be anywhere near this idiocracy, but part time job keeps me near hospitals, and crazy stupid areas of my city, which is most of it. ATS has kind of kept me sane in some ways, people talking and questioning whats happening in a place I have been essential since the beginning in.

I have very good friends who are too close to this for me to be very happy about it, I hope they know I have their back. This neighborhood is sketchy, but also a very high percentage of LGBTQ community here as well, its why its always been a activist hotspot and place where protests are started.

I will try to keep updates when I have them

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Thanks!

It's important people know that innocent people and business owners are being harmed as their human rights are tread upon by this merry bunch of miscreants.

I actually think I know which video he's watched to get the idea about the cardboard and how he's planting it. I saw it on PBS a short while ago. I was raised on a farm and had to help with the family garden plot starting at age 9. That garden has no chance of success. That guy has no idea what he's doing, no matter what he claims to know.

So sorry to hear that good people are having their businesses interfered with like that. To do that to them after they suffered through the virus lockdowns is unforgivable IMO.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

They must use Gatorade.
It has all of the necessary nutrients !!!
edit on 12-6-2020 by Bob350 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

a reply to: PhilbertDezineck
They have 3 pot stores within walking distance, this is Seattle

That's one reason why I'm surprised they have such a bad garden. You'd think at least one person with some "home gardening" skills pre-legalization would be in their little group somewhere and would have given them a hand.

Absolutely, and given the point how incapable even at this they are one has to wonder how many plumbers, electricians, hvac techs, carpenters, concrete finishers, asphalt/road workers, elevator maintenance workers, sewer technicians, locksmiths, janitors, and going on to ad nauseam they amongst themselves ? I bet zero.

It would be hard to maintain a society like that unless they start dictating among the 400 of them who is responsible for taking care of such items, regardless of merit or experience. Wait....this sounds familiar....I think it starts with a "C".

"Hey Larry !! Larry !! Congrats Man, you're the new electrician, Steve is out as he blew his fingers off, can you figure out how to get the air conditioning running in that motel we occupi(cough cough), err were given permission to stay in"

"Ummm...sorry man....no can do...I'm trying to watch these soy beans into growing, hey are they any more bags of sprite around ? I'm parched in this heat. "
edit on 12-6-2020 by Falenor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Falenor

The truth is there are maybe 400+ residents in this 6 blocks of whatever, maybe 50% support it (most small local businesses do NOT), maybe less when the enforcer squad isnt around. Then there's the non local jerks messing stuff up, maybe a few hundred at start, now summer seattle crap weather hits hard and they dont like rain, most dont, now they go. Goodbye, good riddance! Give us seattle back.

I'm still pissed our mayor told this police precinct to abandon ship, makes zero sense

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bob350

They must use Gatorade.

Lol these Antifa idiots are so dumb that they watched Idiocracy and thought it was a documentary on how to properly run a country.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   

a reply to: Falenor

The truth is there are maybe 400+ residents in this 6 blocks of whatever, maybe 50% support it (most small local businesses do NOT), maybe less when the enforcer squad isnt around. Then there's the non local jerks messing stuff up, maybe a few hundred at start, now summer seattle crap weather hits hard and they dont like rain, most dont, now they go. Goodbye, good riddance! Give us seattle back.

I'm still pissed our mayor told this police precinct to abandon ship, makes zero sense

The fact that 50% support it really blows my mind......

And when the inevitable happens, are they going to claim brutality by their "Police force" , the irony there is staggering....

The translation is "not YOUR idea of police force, but OURS...." dangerous game they are playing, which is the crux of it i think.......its a game to them......they dont understand the reality of what they are doing....until it gets real.....

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Someone posted this on the infowars discord with regards to that garden.

I do wish them luck !

They are definitely going to need it:

originally posted by: Bob350

They must use Gatorade.

Electrolytes!

edit on th2020000000Saturdayth000000Sat, 13 Jun 2020 05:09:27 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoSat, 13 Jun 2020 05:09:27 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Seriously? On the ground?!? That is OUTSTANDING!

Oh dear Jeebus, I haven't laughed that hard in a while! Gotta take pleasure in the simple things...
Thanks much!

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Agreed. And every day that this farce is allowed to continue emboldens them. And thus they become even more detached from reality.
If this situation is not soon resolved, and done so carefully, it will spread placing still more people in harm's way.
But, that may actually be the intended outcome. Who knows, strange things are afoot out there.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join