It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's going on down there United States?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I agree.

But I guess it's up to you to decide what side you're on. For me, I am on the side of the civil unrest for the racial inequalities, and police brutality. But I am against the opportunists, and anarchists.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

What if these looters and agitators are against a certain system? Sort of a snowball affect, a spark for one certain civil unrest, causes another to form.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: EternalShadow

I said "real protesters", not the thieves, arsonists and looters. They are criminals and opportunists taking advantage of the situation. They may claim otherwise, but most people are not naive enough to believe it. The only people rationalizing it are themselves and those who get off on it. Wanna-be rioters and thieves if you will.

Anyone who is against the rule of law and the enforcement of it are anarchist by definition.

So all the "real protesters" are all at home right now because their true cause has been subverted and they're not willing to participate anymore???

Puhhhhlease...🙄

Good luck separating the two groups because irregardless of anything, both groups share a few common goals if not many at this point.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   

A public health crisis is not an overreach of authority.

Sending military into the streets to quell protests, with a wink at lethal force, is. If you're cool with that. Riots and looting are wrong, but should not be used as a pretense or justification for extinguishing lawful protest.

But funny how preventing disease is tyranny and authoritarianism, but a crackdown by police and military suddenly on first amendment right to protest isn't authoritarianism, but seemingly deserved.

This is your bed,

No, it's America's bed, mine and yours, when suspension of rights is ok because it politically fits you.

edit on 1-6-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Suppressors on weapons, not a good sign, you only use a suppressor to be STEALTHY!

Military Times - New Stealth Infantry

Not a good sign, suppressors have no purpose on a weapon, on US SOIL, with the intention to USE ON AMERICANS!!!!!!!

WTF!

THIS IS SOCIOECONOMIC WRANGLING, He just used a BIBLE WITHOUT PERMISSION, THATS NOT Separation of CHURCH AND STATE!
edit on 1-6-2020 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1

i disagree with this completely, it's entirely about race.

It's about money and class division. Wall Street is colorblind.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

I agree.

But I guess it's up to you to decide what side you're on. For me, I am on the side of the civil unrest for the racial inequalities, and police brutality. But I am against the opportunists, and anarchists.

I'm not buying into the "racial inequality" argument in the US. I agree that the police state is out of control, but it starts at the local politician level. When we permit governors like the one in Michigan to totally disregard liberty and rights, how can we feign incredulousness when those politicians underlings in law enforcement do the same?

As for the racial inequality, an inequality in personal responsibility and effort is still the #1 reason why the US has poverty issues in all racial groups across the board. There are far more white people killed by police in the US each year than blacks, we just don't make a national incident out of it for multiple reasons, including the fact that most of us realize cops don't kill people because of their skin color, they kill them because of a combination of the deceased acting like a total fool and police feeling zero need to pander to that foolishness. This particular incident that is being credited as the spark for the current unrest is different, but prior incidents, like the one in Ferguson Mo a few years ago... I'm a 6'4" 300 lb white dude, if a cop ordered me to stop and I put my hands on him, punched him, charged him, I'd be dead same as the black guy who did that was. Not a race issue, that's purely an excuse that has become commonplace because of the racism of *some* Americans looking down at black America and feeling they cannot succeed on their own merits or be as responsible for self as white America is (in those people's minds). That's the racial inequality in this country... one side doesn't view blacks as equals, and instead uses them as political pawns.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
We're watching a pivotal turning point in American history. Troops on the WH lawn. Has that ever happened before?

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The US survived the 60's, 1992, etc. and it will survive this. At it's apex here in Atlanta there were about 8000-10000 protesters tops on Friday, now it's down to hundreds. These things are difficult to sustain when you don't build on the movement but you instead tear it down with the rioting the looting the destroying of property. Even most of the protesters don't agree with that crap.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   

We just activated what essentially everybody on this forum has been claiming to be afraid of for their entire lives, but because its Trump everyone is gonna go right along with it.
a reply to: trb71

So I dont know if I have ever seen before what I saw over this past weekend. Especially in Philly, I know some people who were from Philly said that looting is normal or if thats a joke. But I literally watched a guy loot a store and walk around the block and drop off what he got.

I am not for this but we do have to resotre some type of order? If there are ideas out there on how we restore order. It was like literally these anarchist are like joker from Dark Knight. If Joker does it and gets away with it then hey all of us can do it.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   

That's still racial inequality. Also, I'd like to see the stats of more white citizens killed by police over the black citizens, it's all about density as well, black American's only make up what 18 or so percent of the total population. Of course the majority of people killed by police or law enforcement might be of white skin color.

You'e also playing right into the rhetoric that black people are playing the victim, that they are used a political tools or pawns, that's a rather twisted view point to be honest. And not twisted as in, a little out of line, twisted as in divisive or almost macabre, like one skin color is more valid to make a point of protest over the other.
edit on 1-6-2020 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

If the protestors are not policing their own, and if the local govt wont, then big brother will be forced to.

that is the point that I have been trying to make and I am asking why the media is not making this point. And George floyds brother made this point as well. that he is asking for peace.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
But funny how preventing disease is tyranny and authoritarianism, but a crackdown by police and military suddenly on first amendment right to protest isn't authoritarianism, but seemingly deserved.

www.cnbc.com...
240 blacks killed by police in the entire USA, 370 whites killed by police in 2019...

Destroying the economy for 340 million Americans while absolutely infringing on their Constitutional Rights and Liberties isn't tyranny or authoritarianism to you when it's done over a largely overblown wannabe "pandemic," but you're gonna grow a pair over 240 deaths, of which *most* involved criminals deciding to get aggressive with the police? Suddenly those 240 soiled doves become the keystone to how vitally important Constitutional Rights are?

Like I said earlier, nah-ah. You lost that ground months ago. You now get to sit and twist like a pinata while the bat swings your way repeatedly because you already proved that your rights are negotiable.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
We're watching a pivotal turning point in American history. Troops on the WH lawn. Has that ever happened before?

Only for events requiring full dress.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Skip to around 30:00 Minute mark.

It is only a 13 minute video. How do you suggest I do that.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I'm not buying into the "racial inequality" argument in the US

You don't believe there is racial inequality?

There are far more white people killed by police in the US each year than blacks,

Whites make up the greater portion of the population.

Percentage-wise, more blacks people are killed, since they only account for like 15%ish of the population.

link   
a reply to: strongfp

When you paint this as a racial issue, you're making the argument that skin color matters and I'm just playing the hand as it was dealt to me, Strong. Seems disingenuous to argue that race is a leading factor here, but then decry someone who points out a disparity between the narrative and reality where those racial elements are concerned.

link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

If the protestors are not policing their own, and if the local govt wont, then big brother will be forced to.

My friends and familly were jumping down my throat about the guy who carried a barbie doll on a noose at the michigan protest.

"see these are who these stay at home protestors really are." I think showed them the video of other protestors surrounding that person and kicking him out the protest.

Why is there not more talk of these protestors self policing themselves?

link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
"...to stop the rioting and looting, to end the drstruction and arson and to protect the rights of law abiding American citizens, including your Second Amendment rights."

He is essentially saying, or reiterating once again, to use the National Guard to quell the rioters who are causing grave economic damage, especially after the economic hit from the Chinese plague, these people went overboard and literally destroyed the last vestiges of hard working American businesses.

I'm so f# disgusted.

President Trump says, if you won't do your job and protect your residents, I'll do it for you.

Good.

Trump is trying to whip the Govenors into action, does that mean he is deploying military forces?

NOPE.

He is waving the big stick on the incompetent Dem Gov.

Bingo. People don't understand that while he does have the power to do that, he's trying to get the complacent, lazy governors to do their jobs.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   

240 blacks killed by police in the entire USA, 370 whites killed by police in 2019...

As I posted, before seeing this, black people only make up like 15-18% of the population.

Percentage wise, your statistics are irrelevant and disingenuous, because white people make up a substantially greater portion of the population.

edit on 1-6-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join