It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As a Brit I now see the need for the second amendment

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Xtrozero
It seems like they were out in their front on the edge of their yard?

No, they were on their porch.

It does appear as such but from the video you can't really say what was happening prior to the filming or where they came from? Not saying they were rioting or breaking any laws , but if you stop the video and look at the people inside the house they surely fit the profile of the rioters.

Again not accusing them of any wrong doing especially on attire ,but there appears to be more to this than what the video is showing, especially since the NG was going through the neighboorhood.

I hadn't heard of any disturbances or property being damaged in neighborhoods besides downtown and non residential buildings at that, so why was the NG going through there like that in the first place?

edit on 46630America/ChicagoTue, 02 Jun 2020 14:46:05 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   

My point is simple, really simple, it was another example of government violation of our rights. It has nothing to friggin do with anarchy.

So they shooting everyone off their porches.. Damn dude, I was smoking a cigar on mine for the last 4 nights. We can agree on a lot of things but you trying to suggest that individual acts are standard policy.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: chr0naut

Y’all must have had a recent surge if turn ins. Last I heard the program wasn’t working all that well. But I suppose when you have to spin a narrative, facts aren’t all that important.

No further turn-ins. The amnesty is over.

However, there have been a number of confiscations and convictions for those who have held on to illegal weapons.

While there are still likely to be some illegal firearms out there, the reportage from many sites overseas takes the total numbers of firearms and compared that to the numbers of those recovered.

The thing is, the ban was only on semi-automatics, some types of shotguns and some modifications and accessories. This means that the total number of guns is not a valid comparator because not all guns were made illegal.

Firearms buy-back: More than 56,000 firearms handed in - Stuff.co.nz

Crime Stats: compare key data on New Zealand & United States - NationMaster

NZ isn't perfect. Never made that claim.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Nedum Onuoha is an English professional FOOTBALL player currently playing for Real Salt Lake.

Prior to this he played at the highest level of football in England playing for Manchester City, Sunderland and Queens Park Rangers in The Premier League and The Championship.

He is also an educated man studying for an Accountancy Degree outside of his football carear.

On the BBC News website there is currently a very short report on his take on things during current events in the USA.
It's worth noting much of it here;

Former Manchester City defender Nedum Onuoha says he does not feel "100% safe" in the USA.

"I am always very wary of how I behave and how it could be viewed by people who have power," Onuoha, 33, told BBC Radio 5 Live.
"For me personally, overall I don't like to say it but I have a fear and distrust towards police."

Sports stars have added their voices on social media with a 'blackout' - uploading a black image alongside a message of support.

Onuoha backed the protestors by saying: "It is emotional; it is something that is overdue to be honest. There has been a big wave of energy towards this, there has been a lot of talk about George Floyd - these issues have been around for decades.

"People have been trying to make noise. I have been trying to say things but it gets pushed away for too long. Enough is enough; what gives me strength is that it's not just black people who are protesting now.

"The change will come but within that, there are so many nuanced things within the protest - for example, a lot of black people are scared to do what some of the white people are doing to the police.

"It's crazy to see but it is very necessary. I am not going to say to them that they shouldn't do anything because they haven't been heard for this long so let them be heard now."

'If police read me wrong, they could take my life'

Onuoha added that the gun laws in the USA added to his sense of unease.

He said: "I have loved living in this country but there is [another] side of it.

"In the UK, I am more comfortable because if something happens it probably will not be deadly - but over here because of their rights it is more common that altercations become deadly. I am always very aware of that whenever I go around anywhere.

"I am comfortable but when it comes to any kind of brutality, if it's from the police, if they read me the wrong way then my life could be taken. I feel that every single day. It is not just me but everybody else as well.

"I am not trying to be overly critical to the police, there are plenty of good police officers out there, but sometimes I feel like people put police on a pedestal and make them seem superhuman.

"But the fact is over here they are just people from society with a badge and a gun and a lot more power.

"If you worry about the man next door, why would you not worry about the person patrolling the streets who now has more power, more guns but the same views?

"I never go out and feel 100% safe."

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 2/6/20 by Freeborn because: spelling

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
...but if you stop the video and look at the people inside the house they surely fit the profile of the rioters.

Then you arrest them. Otherwise the police have zero legal authority, as confirmed by the Supreme Court, to order you off your porch.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   

So they shooting everyone off their porches..

So? It's a Consitutional Rights violation. If you're cool with that it's your problem.

We can agree on a lot of things but you trying to suggest that individual acts are standard policy.

Where did i suggest that?

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

So? It's a Consitutional Rights violation. If you're cool with that it's your problem.

Is it a violation? I just do not know where you are going with this as I fail to find anything about being outside at all in a curfew so I guess talk to the Governor who established it.

an order establishing a specific time in the evening after which certain regulations apply, especially that no civilians or other specified group of unauthorized persons may be outdoors or that places of public assembly must be closed.

On your porch or land is not inside....just saying...

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Is it a violation?

Yes, curtilage, look it up.

I just do not know where you are going with this as I fail to find anything about being outside at all in a curfew so I guess talk to the Governor who established it.

Probably because you're being obtuse, being on your porch is not considered 'outside'. It is considered part of your home by common law and the Supreme Court.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Probably because you're being obtuse, being on your porch is not considered 'outside'. It is considered part of your home by common law and the Supreme Court.

Is there a video of this? It would be nice to have a reference. If not I guess they can take it to the courts and let the courts weight in on it all. I'm not a constitutional lawyer as you are...

I would also like to know what was the initial order. Did the order say shoot anyone outside of their house with a bean bag round, or was this an individual incident of one person following the orders incorrectly.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It' s out there and it's been posted here.

And you don't need to be a Constitutional lawyer to know your rights as a citizen, you just need to be well-informed.

edit on 3-6-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

And you don't need to be a Constitutional lawyer to know your rights as a citizen, you just need to be well-informed.

Well they can take this to the courts, agree?

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   

I'm sure they could, it was excessive force and illegal.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I'm sure they could, it was excessive force and illegal.

I do not disagree, but excessive force might be pushing it when the girl said laughingly wow that bean bag kind of hurt... But did they have any right to order people into their houses would be something the courts would take up and the cops would lose the case. It is all rhetorical since nothing really happened in the end, now if that family stood their ground and were arrested, beat up etc then they would have a case to push.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
a reply to: HRH27
The problem is that there are so many guns in the USA that many inevitably fall into the hands of violent criminals.
That in itself is fuel for those interested in implementing a militarized police and post orwellian technocratic dictatorship.

I don't personally disagree with law abiding people owning a gun,but a society with gun stores on every corner is itself partly responsible for the type of police force they will get.

So in a way,the 2nd amendment is both a reasonable way to defend against tyranny,yet it is also part of the reason tyranny is escalating.

One things for sure,the cops are out of control in many parts of the US and watching the footage it almost seems as though they are having their own riot against the public rather than policing them.

This is nonsense. Crime rate is lower in areas with high gun ownership. For obvious reasons, criminals don't like getting shot.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I do not disagree, but excessive force might be pushing it...

They're no allowed to use any force so it is all excessive. Curtilage. It's a right.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

They're no allowed to use any force so it is all excessive. Curtilage. It's a right.

Take it to the courts then and see where it goes...

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Take it to the courts then and see where it goes...

I wasn't the one getting shot at, but I can assure you if I was there'd be a civil rights suit forthcoming. The government jackboots can suck it.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Amen, to that!!

To call it wrong is an understatement.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   
bongino.com...

SIX MILLION guns have been sold in the USA in the last three months

Now THAT, is good news.

More guns equals less victims

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

As AM said, any force at all was excessive.

They had absolutely no grounds to do anything even close to that.

They're extraordinarily lucky that some hot head didn't start shooting back--that would have opened up an entire wonderchest of trouble.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join