It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If There Is One Battle You Could Have Witnessed What Would It Be ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
If you had the capability to go back into time to witness any battle throughout history what would your choice be?

I would choose The Battle Of Agincourt 1415.

The sight of 7,000 English Longbow Men firing 6 arrows per minute must have turned the sky black. 42,000 arrows in the air every minute. What a spectacle that would have been.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The Battle OF Britain.

Seeing the RAF in full swing against the Germans and defeating them would have been fantastic.

Kicking the odd German pilot in the goolies who parachuted down to the British coastline after being shot down would be a bonus.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Good choice.

Only problem would be neck ache.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Would like to see ancient Mayan warriors doing their thing, lots of stories about the folks with the elongated skulls, that they were great fighters, lots of healed blunt force trauma in their skulls..

Also the battle of Gaugamela, imagine seeing beasthandlers with their trained-to-kill Elephants, molosser dogs, Tigers, and whatnot.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Can't think of a specific battle as such but I've always wondered what it would have been like to see some Viking Berserkers in action.

I'd have to be watching from a safe distance, obviously.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   
1492 - Night Attack at Târgoviște

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

Can't think of a specific battle as such but I've always wondered what it would have been like to see some Viking Berserkers in action.

I'd have to be watching from a safe distance, obviously.

You may have chosen The Battle Of Stamford Bridge c1066.

English Army taking on The Vikings. The Vikings lost 8,000 of it's 9,000 strength. That would have been a bloody day.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Jutland and the Second Naval Battle of Guadalcanal.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Jutland and the Second Naval Battle of Guadalcanal.

Being seasick would have been a problem.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

none - , yes there is the temptation - to review the historical accuracy of surviving reports .

but to paraphrase : " does it even matter any more ? "

allow the living and the deadd thier " peace "

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
kind of partial myself being a Marine

The Battle of Belleau Wood,

i can just see Top Daly yelling "Come on, you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever?"

and hearing "Devil Dogs," for the first time.

but of course it the kaiser's boys would have said it in german "Teufel Hunden,"
edit on 31-5-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The Amazons figting in the battle of Troy.

The Amazons fought on the side of Troy against the Greeks during the Trojan War. Diodorus mentions that the Amazons traveled from Libya under Queen Myrina. Amazon warriors were often depicted in battle with Greek warriors in amazonomachies in classical art.

edit on 31-5-2020 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
The Battle of the Bulge
And in particular , the response of one General Anthony Clement McAuliffe of the 101st Airborne to the offer of surrender from the Germans .

To the U.S.A. Commander of the encircled town of Bastogne.

The fortune of war is changing. This time the U.S.A. forces in and near Bastogne have been encircled by strong German armored units. More German armored units have crossed the river Our near Ortheuville, have taken Marche and reached St. Hubert by passing through Hompre-Sibret-Tillet. Libramont is in German hands.

There is only one possibility to save the encircled U.S.A. troops from total annihilation: that is the honorable surrender of the encircled town. In order to think it over a term of two hours will be granted beginning with the presentation of this note.

If this proposal should be rejected one German Artillery Corps and six heavy A. A. Battalions are ready to annihilate the U.S.A. troops in and near Bastogne. The order for firing will be given immediately after this two hours term.

All the serious civilian losses caused by this artillery fire would not correspond with the well-known American humanity.

The German Commander.

To the German Commander.
NUTS!
The American Commander.

Anthony McAuliffe

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The Biblical battle of Jericho. It would be interesting to see how they actually brought the wall down. Seeing how the Ark of the covenant was used as a weapon?

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: nerbot

Good choice.

Only problem would be neck ache.

Not while having a picnic and lying on the grass atop the white cliffs of Dover.

I'm a romantic.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Battle of Midway.

seeming Japanese victory turns into disaster in just a few minutes.

an IJN officer saw the dive bombers and yelled 'Shimata!" roughly translates to 'Oh snap'.

incredible how a few minutes and a little luck changes history.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Gettysburg

Over three days there were many opportunities to change the course of the battle.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   

LOL just like Eddie n Richie off Bottom 😁. I personally have a few Troy, 300 Spartans, Waterloo n D-day also Jerusalem when the Romans sacked it, so I could spy where they hid the Temple treasure, get back in me time machine and bobs your uncle. I'm a rich guy

edit on 31-5-2020 by DiddyC because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I have to deal with that battle every second of everyday... 😉

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The Battle of the Bastards.

But yeah, I'd probably go with Gettysburg. That third day would have been wild.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join