It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thursday Night Riot Thread

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   
CNN reporter gets arrested. On LIVE TV

www.nbcnews.com...

edit on 29-5-2020 by crappiekat because: to add

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

It's CNN but still that shouldn't have happened.

The Governor has already apologized for arrest.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Identified

Take a look at where the police are worst; then take a look at the officials higher up the food chain enabling them.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I agree. It should not have happened.

When asked why he was being arrested. He was told. "Just following orders"

What the heck does that mean?

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   

It means just take look at the officials higher up the food chain enabling the cops to be who and what they are.

In a roundabout way, the people get what they vote for because with the police, it all flows downhill from the governments. At some point, the people in that district need to be made aware that the contracts for the officials in charge of the police are at least partially negotiated by the Councilmen and women they've been helping to elect to office. And that goes for all the government services being delivered to them - if they are bad and corrupt, look at who you've been electing and stop rubber stamping them. Clearly, they haven't been working for you like they said they have been.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And then take a look at the citizens who enable all of them. It's the hero worship that has gotten us to this state.

More citizens need to be outspoken about the behavior of our police because the apathy is going to ruin us all.

You don't have to be a thug, criminal, anarchist, or whatever to realize that the slippery slope government has gone down regarding police in this nation. And it isn't tied to just one political party either. Government is more than happy to use police as a tool to keep stripping our rights and as long as police officers just "follow orders" and citizens keep voting for these higher ups, it is going to get worse and worse.

I don't understand how many people don't understand this.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   

It means cops know that the government system will back up whatever nonsense they do. It doesn't matter the political party or the branch of government, because the police are not a tool for the citizenry, they are tool for the government. Cops like these who "just follow orders" are all too happy to take a $60K paycheck and revel in the hero worship and don't care about or don't understand the Constitution so long as they don't get hurt doing it.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   

It's not just the so-called hero worship.

Those citizens are just as complicit in it even if they don't know it, and I can bet you they have zero effs to give about any cops.

They just don't get how they councilfolk who claim to fight to get them what they're entitled to also negotiate contract for the cops they hate.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I agree it isn't just the hero worship because there is an entire side who are distinctly anti police who protest police action. Then there is the other side who are supposedly freedom-loving, anti-government-standing-on-your-necks-type who for some reason are either just apathetic towards police or downright worship them.

I don't know how many times I've said something about a cop doing something completely unconstitutional and get slammed by someone claiming cops are heroes and have a hard job and just want to go home at night and oh well it was a thug they did the unconstitutional action toward so that's alright.

No it actually isn't alright.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Considering I have LEO in my family and I know them and know they do a good job ...

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
They arrested a CNN crew last night. twitter.com...

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2
They arrested a CNN crew last night. twitter.com...

They were just following orders ... that's what someone reported on another thread.

Again, this is a pattern with the Minneapolis PD. I think they need to take a serious look inside that department. I'm sure they'll end up firing the chief over this, but I'll bet the problems are bigger than that.

I'll bet this is a systemic issue with that department that's been allowed to go on for quite a while because this George Floyd incident is just one. There was Justine Damond too and that was also recent. Either one you might mark off as an isolated thing, one bad cop, but putting two together and now arresting reporters?
edit on 29-5-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
people are idiots.

this is just people thinking its cool to be out in the middle of the night causing CHAOS.
arson, is not 'cool or hip' or worse, 'justitifed' over this matter.

every weekend dozens of people are shot in chicago, the media is silent, so the minions are silent.

after reading all the literature from the 1800s and early 1900s of the international plans to control the world, and they wrote how the usa needed another civil war, i always thought, how can they actually do it?

now i see how.

it sucks. 90% of the people need to be told what to do, and that means they can be told to go crazy.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Hey Star and Flag for you OP
I was hoping there was gonna be an as it happens thread for this event.
Classic ATS
Took me back to our coverage of G20 Pittsburgh.
Just journalistically, good job.

Also introduced me to unicorn riot, which hadn't happened yet.
Thanks

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

Will there be a Fri/Sat/Sun riot thread? This one's getting loooong.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Well, there IS a system in place for correcting injustices, punishing criminals, protecting people, upholding the peace, and so on.

The rioters don't care, they just want to loot and use any opportunity to destroy and divide. Instigators are paid to create riots.

Somehow, rioters are called protesters, though.

What SHOULD have happened, if there hadn't been any agenda attached here, is that the system of justice would have arrested, tried and judged the criminals, sentenced them accordingly and justly, and the criminals would be serving time for a long time, and everyone could go about their business - some of which is mourning for a good man and having a funeral and so on and so forth.

This absolutely did not need to be turned to a crazy race riot, where some people yell 'shoot the white folk'. Kind of sad how some people have the privilege of being racist down to screaming for murder based on racial features, but if other people even hint that there's -any- kind of racial quality or ability that someone might possess, they will be condemned to burn in hell for all eternity.

Race is a bodily quality, it does NOT define someone's personality, character or soul. Any one of us can be born to any kind of human body in the next incarnation, including any race. So the race someone hates now, might be their own bodily quality in 100 years or less. This is fundamentally the deepest reason why racism is insanity.

The system is supposed to work so that criminals face justice, and are given a just sentence, that is very careful that innocent people are not imprisoned.

The system is corrupt and does its own part in creating injustices, but it's a heck of a lot better than burning buildings and rioting + looting on the streets and screaming for racistic murder!

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

Will there be a Fri/Sat/Sun riot thread? This one's getting loooong.

🤣
Most excellent question. I’m voting for at least a Saturday night riot thread.

On a serious note, I find it interesting that right before the George Floyd murder they have been trying to get everybody to wear masks due to CV, and now we have riots everywhere where everyone is masked and it’s hard to differentiate agent provocateurs from peaceful protesters.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join