It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe God Brought You

page: 1

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Maybe God Brought You

I just had one of those experiences which stick to you, one of those that you just feel the urge to share with others, so here I am sharing with my dear ATS fellows.
Here's what happened:
Our company opened up its doors again today. It was good to be around others again, good to regain some degree of normalcy. I had left the building, removed my mask, and started walking towards my car when I saw a man walking several yards ahead of me. He turned around as I approached and almost apologetically said “I forgot my mask.” To which I replied something like, “Well that’s ok. I had to wear this to work but don’t think we have to out here.” He went on to explain that he had just done some cardio with his daughter in NY and was out clearing his head, we chatted very briefly before he (while tearing up) told me that he was losing his wife--that she was dying of COVID, that he was told she had 4 days left, and that he couldn’t even see her. He apologized for laying all that on me, and I told him no, that he had to grieve and could absolutely do that. I told him how sorry I was and that I wished I could give him a hug. We kept talking for maybe ten more minutes during which I learned a bit about his family, their interests, their history. When his phone rang he looked at me and said, “Hold on one minute please; this could be the one.” It wasn’t the one. Imagine living with that, it hurts my heart.
Before we parted, he asked my name and told me his. He was about to walk away and he got choked up again and said something I couldn’t understand, which I asked him to repeat.

Then he said something which struck me and which is the whole reason I’m sharing this story to begin with:
“Maybe God brought you.”
Those are maybe the most humbling and profound four words anyone has ever said to me.
Then I realized this beautiful fact. God DID bring me. God brought all of us here, and one of the most beautiful humbling gifts is that we can act of our own free will as agents of a loving God. We all have it in us to lift another’s spirits at the most needed times (in fact, it's our duty). This definitely makes me wonder what else I can do, and makes me want to greet people with a smile and consider how complex we all are and how so many of us are grieving (whether it be for loved ones who have passed away, or for our old way of life, most of us are grieving something now).

Thanks for reading, friends! I hope we can all be good to one another during these trying times.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Those are the moments that really keep us going....What I call the "tender mercies of God"

Thank you for sharing!

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Now I'm thinking about all those times God sent me mercy in the form of others. It can truly boggle the mind thinking about it, but I guess I'll just be thankful rather than think.

Thanks for reading, and it's good to talk to you chels!

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Thanks, and You too!

I believe in angels and angelic intervention, but I think more often than not we are the angels to those around us and they are angels to us in our times of need. I think if we can live in such a way that allows us to be "guided" we can go through life being "brought by God" for many, many people.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh

I believe in angels and angelic intervention, but I think more often than not we are the angels to those around us and they are angels to us in our times of need. I think if we can live in such a way that allows us to be "guided" we can go through life being "brought by God" for many, many people.

I love how you worded this, and completely agree!!

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

That's one of the most beautiful things I ever read in ATS. Your testimony.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

He/She/They/It/Them...(covering all here!)...GOD will put people in our path at just the right time, and for just the right reason...and for you BOTH

I've had a ton of these thruout my life...

Peace
edit on 27-5-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Trueman, I'm so happy you found the testimony meaningful. It really was a beautiful exchange, and one I'm not likely to forget. I'm glad I could share with others who are touched by it.

Sometimes I think God lifts a veil and gives us a peek into something divine, and just as mysterioustranger mentioned, I needed something like this to happen as well.

Thanks for reading and for the comment.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Beautiful post Zos! Some people are like Earth Angels and are there at just the right time for someone who needs them the most.
edit on 27-5-2020 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

It's amazing how such small gestures can make a difference. Thanks for reading, Night, and I hope you're having a good one!

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Thank you SO much for sharing that... it was beautiful.

I have also had experiences like this.

I entirely agree with chelsdh that if you can spiritually find that certain path that was made for you and walk the path then life unfolds how it is supposed to be for you and others.

S&F and the little tear in my eye is just allergies.

edit on 27-5-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Hi Lumenari, I hope you are doing well.
I think you and chelsdh are absolutely right, and that when we are receptive and open we can be conduits for something much greater than ourselves (whether for good or bad).
Thanks for the lovely comment and I'm fairly certain I'm also suffering from allergies.

edit on 27-5-2020 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
That is a beautiful story zosimov. Thank you for sharing! You were indeed put in the path of that gentleman who so needed some compassion and someone to lean on a little. Thank you, I needed to see this message as well today. [hugs!]

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Starcrossd

Hugs right back!
I'm glad you read this right when you needed to, and was so thankful myself for another reminder that our actions do matter, that we never know what a person might be going through, and that we have a connection to each other through the divine.
Hope you have a good night, Starcrossd

top topics

join