It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chile is rioting over food

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on May, 21 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Full blown riots are taking place in Chile, the problem here seems to be lack of food , the response from the Government is riot police and water cannons instead of actual food. It might be that Chile hasn't got much fat on their bones and has got through existing supplies. So judging by the full world lockdown, as reserves get used up this type of behavior should become the norm. If this spreads throughout similar countries in South America it will cause political instability in a food basket which the world needs .Food is showing signs of inflation in many places. Added to shortages in some items it seems the Governments in many places seem to have missed the bottom line. In the end its a numbers game.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
Full blown riots are taking place in Chile, the problem here seems to be lack of food , the response from the Government is riot police and water cannons instead of actual food. It might be that Chile hasn't got much fat on their bones and has got through existing supplies. So judging by the full world lockdown, as reserves get used up this type of behavior should become the norm. If this spreads throughout similar countries in South America it will cause political instability in a food basket which the world needs .Food is showing signs of inflation in many places. Added to shortages in some items it seems the Governments in many places seem to have missed the bottom line. In the end its a numbers game.

It is speculating that 700 million will experience famine on top of what is already starving due to the world lock down. I'm sure Chile is just a start....

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Let's see...

So if I starve to death I won't get Covid-1984?
Brilliant.

+9 more 
posted on May, 21 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

There is enough food to feed the world. Farmers being told to pour milk down the drain, or destroy farm animals because meat packing plants close. It is criminal. Some billionaire could work out a solution to get the goods to the people in need. They would be the world's heroes. They have the means. It hurts my soul.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
Let's see...

So if I starve to death I won't get Covid-1984?
Brilliant.

Not really because the death will be marked as covid

Sad situation down there

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   
But, they are still exporting canned corned beef to America. I would have thought that would have ended if there were people hungry down there, but evidently the leader is more interested in money coming in than taking care of his people's needs.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 12:28 AM
link   
The Chilean government says "Let them eat cake"

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

There is enough food to feed the world. Farmers being told to pour milk down the drain, or destroy farm animals because meat packing plants close. It is criminal. Some billionaire could work out a solution to get the goods to the people in need. They would be the world's heroes. They have the means. It hurts my soul.

But...

Oh, I see, you're new here.

But more seriously, we could do a whole lot better if we just tried.

edit on 22/5/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I know this will never happen in America. We have too many guns and the government knows we will hang them all if we start starving. Too bad Chile doesn't have an armed populace.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ
I know this will never happen in America. We have too many guns and the government knows we will hang them all if we start starving. Too bad Chile doesn't have an armed populace.

You'll hang them, with your guns?

What if they shoot back? I mean, them and their armies?

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

Feed the people is not THEIR goal.
To growth population.
They want us to starve.
To reduce it.
They are not hungry.
They are making money and power.
They know what they are doing.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
The Chilean government says "Let them eat cake"

Pelosie says," let's eat ice cream."
Witch!

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 01:54 AM
link   

There have been shortages/reroutes of food in the US too. I've seen memo's from 4 different food distributors. Many products are being either replaced or pr'd.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 03:34 AM
link   
i'm taking it as a given that, one way or another, we're all f####d royally in 2020. the new surreality has limitless potential for catastrophy on a number of fronts.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ

You'll hang them, with your guns?

What if they shoot back? I mean, them and their armies?

The armies of combat trained citizens?
You think the US army would follow orders to fire on their own families?

Some might, but they'd quickly be torn to shreds by the rest of the military men.

Just like your local cops, when things get bad, people will defend them and theirs over all else.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

they will cower in fear of our black scary rifles, just as your government did.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

You have truckers afraid to truck. And supply chain workers all up and down who just plain don't want to because they are afraid they'll get sick. That won't get any easier to overcome if you're now asking them to go abroad where the health care systems get riskier and they may face who knows what conditions.

If they're flat out refusing here, what do you think will happen when you tell they're running a supply drop to Chile?

It's not a matter of the systems not existing. It's a matter of the people needed to work them being too scared to give a crap about others.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

All the while they continue to tell us that, "We're all in this together". Yet there are scams, profiteers, individual rights advocates, harsh enforcement of lock downs, social distancing, etc.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The supply chains are weakened right now. It's only a matter of time until this catches up with us and food becomes more difficult to procure.

All the Karen's in the world not be enough to stop hungry people from taking to the streets when their free money has run out and their kids are hungry. We are in a slow moving death spiral that's been intentionally set to motion and many will never realize it soon enough.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Digital currency can easily be sent to all these citizens by just tapping a few keys on a keyboard but guess the banksters and governments don't want to do that...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join