It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California biopharmaceutical company claims coronavirus antibody breakthrough

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on May, 15 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   
This is the break through we've needed.
What will Dr. Fauci say?
How will the vaccine makers respond to this and will it be buried or denied by the MSM?

I am very excited to hear this and look forward to learning more about the time frame, the science and the doctor's who will support it.
www.foxnews.com...

A California-based biopharmaceutical company claims to have discovered an antibody that could shield the human body from the coronavirus and flush it out of a person’s system within four days, Fox News has exclusively learned.

Later Friday, Sorrento Therapeutics will announce their discovery of the STI-1499 antibody, which the San Diego company said can provide "100% inhibition" of COVID-19, adding that a treatment could be available months before a vaccine hits the market.

"We want to emphasize there is a cure. There is a solution that works 100 percent," Dr. Henry Ji, founder and CEO of Sorrento Therapeutics

edit on 15-5-2020 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Well for sake of everyone , I certainly hope this news is true .

But to tell you the truth I was kind of looking forward to watching Trump make the media and everyone else eat their words on Hydroxychloroquine.
edit on 15-5-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
That is a pretty good claim.

Of course you have to go through human trials to make sure that it is safe.

If it works, that would be great

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

we need to find out who owns the company and(or) who is funding it.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Who is gonna play the guinea pig for all the upcoming pharma hammers?

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: fringeofthefringe
How will the vaccine makers respond to this and will it be buried or denied by the MSM?

They're only trading at around $3.00 a share so they could be acquired by one of the larger companies with an aim to mass produce this if effective, more needs to be known.

As for the 'MSM', you cited FOX, they are the MSM.

edit on 15-5-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
www.nature.com...

Momentum is building to speed the development of coronavirus vaccines by intentionally infecting healthy, young volunteers with the virus. A grass-roots effort has attracted nearly 1,500 potential volunteers for the controversial approach, known as a human-challenge trial. The idea is also gaining traction with US politicians.

The vaccine trials haven't had any problems finding volunteers so it shouldn't be an issue as far as I can see.
But good point, we'll see.

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
Who is gonna play the guinea pig for all the upcoming pharma hammers?

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Any time I hear "100-percent" anything from a doctor, lawyer or economist I call 100-percent BS because there is no such thing outside of fantasy role-playing games.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
If it will allow the economy to re-open, then Dems will be against it in mass.

Sad to say.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   
It was an exclusive from Foxnews, they are indeed part of the MSM and they are as guilty as the others however, as it has been addressed by myself and others, we have an interesting relationship with the MSM as we all use them to validate and confirm breaking news all the time.

So I agree we have to take all MSM reports with a grain of salt.
Thanks for adding the stock price to the discussion.

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

They're only trading at around $3.00 a share so they could be acquired by one of the larger companies with an aim to mass produce this if effective, more needs to be known.

As for the 'MSM', you cited FOX, they are the MSM.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Pure speculation here .

But the article mentioned the ACE2 receptor in human enzymes .

They found that a dozen of these antibodies demonstrated the ability to block the spike proteins from attaching itself to the human enzyme ACE2, which is the receptor a virus normally uses to enter human cells.

I wonder if this research in anything to do with the first significant mutation identified.

Analysis of one sample collected in India on January 27, 2020 showed the "first evidenceCovid 19" of a "significant" mutation of SARS-CoV-2, which appeared to make it less able to bind to a receptor on human cells called ACE2.

So many questions so few answers

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Trump should tweet that it would never work, that would surely make it popular.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Dr. Fauci questioning the validity of this breakthrough in 1, 2, 3....

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Now the question.

If it works, will they "Let" this be a treatment?

Will the "Right People" make Billions of dollars from it?

That is how the world works unfortunately.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
more information to be found here

“We anticipate having enough material to start a Phase I trial in patients in the ICU within two months. If that is successful, we will expand that trial using our cGMP facility which can produce 2,000 liters of material, which is enough for approximately 100,000 patients, based on what we think the dose will be,” Brunswick said.

still a long way to go

And they are not the first to claim this. A Dutch team was the first, in March already
And a couple of days ago:

Separate studies in Israel and the Netherlands claim to have created antibodies that can block the coronavirus infection, a potential future treatment touted as a game-changer until a vaccine becomes available.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

In this case, he'd be right to because there are no 100-percent cures of anything outside of snake oil.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Now the question.

If it works, will they "Let" this be a treatment?

Will the "Right People" make Billions of dollars from it?

That is how the world works unfortunately.

What's even more unfortunate is that we're conditioned to accept that as a constant.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
"How will the vaccine makers respond to this and will it be buried or denied by the MSM?"

They're only trading at around $3.00 a share so they could be acquired by one of the larger companies with an aim to mass produce this if effective,

Much more likely they'd buy them and bury it. Tptb don't want a cure, doncha know?

more needs to be known.

I agree...

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: shawmanfromny
In this case, he'd be right to because there are no 100-percent cures of anything outside of snake oil.

Really?

Vitamin C, in tiny amounts, cures scurvy. 100% of the time.

There are many other examples I could submit that would prove you completely wrong.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I like the idea and for those in the latter stages there is some potential to help. Antibodies are one of the smaller molecules in the immune system and the front line troops against disease. Their action is as a binding agent between between antigens and other immune compounds. The theory of vaccinations is for our body to produce our own antibodies.The trick is finding the right antibody for the infection.

When a body is seriously compromised by a virus and cannot produce enough of the right antibodies in time things are bleak, If a lab has enough of the right key sitting in a vat it is a treatment i would consider. Sure it is complex with lots of evolving factors. For a biomedical front into these depths it has my blessing.
edit on 15-5-2020 by kwakakev because: grammer

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join