It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California biopharmaceutical company claims coronavirus antibody breakthrough

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
Much more likely they'd buy them and bury it. Tptb don't want a cure, doncha know?

I doubt that, there's profit to be made and no one passes up profit.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

Just bought some stock just in case this works. It's already up over 150% today, so highly risky.

Thing is, even if this works it will take several months before it is available.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Great post, Amazing stuff.

But let’s see Fauci reaction.
From the article Link

This is the best solution," he said. "The point of making a vaccine is to generalize a neutralizing antibody. So, if you already have one, you don't need to the body to generate one from a vaccine. You've already provided it. You're cutting out the middleman."
yikes 😬, That won’t read well to Fauci.

It was recently announced Sorrento had partnered with New York-based health care system Mount Sinai to develop an antibody cocktail. Dubbed Covi-Shield, the cocktail will be comprised of three different antibodies and, pending FDA approval, will be used as a prophylactic treatment for people returning to work and those who have been exposed to COVID-19.
Ahh. 😅 Don’t worry Fauci you still got the FDA to help you out.

As soon as it is infused, that patient is now immune to the disease," Dr. Brunswick said to Fox News. "For the length of time, the antibody is in that system. So, if we were approved [by the FDA] today, everyone who gets that antibody can go back to work and have no fear of catching COVID-19
😬 there it is again, Hope.

edit on 15-5-2020 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I'll take 4

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This article is way too optimistic, I don’t think the left will be able to comprehend such positivity.
edit on 15-5-2020 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Don't worry, the dems will announce the drug as fascist, sexist,rascist, and homophobic.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
Who is gonna play the guinea pig for all the upcoming pharma hammers?

The ones who have been squealing in fear.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe
Just read up on this
Looks fantastically promising.
Fingers crossed.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
"Much more likely they'd buy them and bury it. Tptb don't want a cure, doncha know?"

I doubt that, there's profit to be made and no one passes up profit.

Thats just it - there is no profit in a cure. The money is on an ongoing treatment that never really cures anything.

So they buy the cure and/or suppress it or whatever (just like they've done with Vitamin C), and then sell you remdesivir every time you 'catch the nasty virus' (whether you need it or not).

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Thats just it - there is no profit in a cure. The money is on an ongoing treatment that never really cures anything.

I guess Cutter and Wyeth gave out polio vaccines for free.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Notoneofyou

Don't worry, the dems will announce the drug as fascist, sexist,rascist, and homophobic.

It’s about to be Fire season in California. SanDiego has a history of bad fires.

Came to mind after reading about this.
Large fire at magnesium factory in Madison, Illinois

Magnesium Stearate is an ingredient used in Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) AND Azithromycin Two plants that manufacture it are on fire, in Madison, Illinois and Sierra Madre, Mexico. -Ed.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I guess Cutter and Wyeth gave out polio vaccines for free.

There was no treatment for polio, though.

Oh, wait, yes there is - Dr. Klenner cured many cases of polio, even flaccid polio, with high dose Vitamin C...

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

There was no treatment for polio, though.

Your point was there was no money in curing this, did Wyeth, Cutter et al give away vaccines for free or did they sell them?

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

"scurvy" is an 18th century shorthand for vitamin D deficiency and it stands to reason that vitamin C might work to cure a vitamin C deficiency.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

There was no treatment for polio, though."

Your point was there was no money in curing this,

Correct, but there are lots of potential treatments being experimented with (when there is one solid one that would save these peoples lives bing totally ignored).

did Wyeth, Cutter et al give away vaccines for free or did they sell them?

I dunno - but if there was no money in treatment, then there was obviously more money in a vaccine... no?

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

"scurvy" is an 18th century shorthand for vitamin D deficiency

You mean vitamin C deficiency

and it stands to reason that vitamin C might work to cure a vitamin C deficiency.

Correct - thank you for admitting you were wrong.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Polio isn't the only example of pharmaceutical companies offering cures for profit.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Does anyone know how you manufacture antibodies?

I know they are in plasma of people who had COVID but how do you make them? If it's so easy why wasn't this done with other viruses? I know about 10% of the population is immune from HIV - why couldn't they make anti-bodies for that too?

Just google it - way too technical for me but I think they use mice!!!!
edit on May 15th 2020 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Observationalist

originally posted by: Notoneofyou

It’s about to be Fire season in California. SanDiego has a history of bad fires.

Came to mind after reading about this.
Large fire at magnesium factory in Madison, Illinois

Magnesium Stearate is an ingredient used in Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) AND Azithromycin Two plants that manufacture it are on fire, in Madison, Illinois and Sierra Madre, Mexico. -Ed.

Magnesium stearate is an ingredient is just about any pill you swallow.
It is simply a buffer between your stomach acid and the active composition.

# 1110

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I'm sceptical. Sounds like it's working great in vitro but most likely no in vivo tests yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join