It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Prices - WTF?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The other day there was a traffic jam of oil tankers off our coasts. The price of regular was headed below a dollar a gallon.

Now?? It's up forty to fifty cents a gallon ... and climbing!! Unbelievable!! Until you realize somebody must be raising that artificially to get more taxes out of the driving public.

I was gonna put this in the General Conspiracies section ... then Rant. But, I ain't really driving enough to raise such a stink. Who do you think is burning up all that fuel?

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Demand is growing as people start going back to work.

“Pump prices are fluctuating throughout the country as demand increases and gasoline stocks decrease,” said Jeanette Casselano, AAA spokesperson. “The boost in demand continues to push pump prices up around the country, as more states re-open businesses. Motorists in the Great Lakes, Central, South and Southeast states are seeing the most volatility at the pump.”

AAA Gas Prices

The nation’s top 10 largest weekly increases are: Michigan (+31 cents), Ohio (+28 cents), Indiana (+26 cents), Illinois (+26 cents), Wisconsin (+23 cents), Kentucky (+15 cents), Iowa (+14 cents), Minnesota (+11 cents), Oklahoma (+10 cents) and Arkansas (+9 cents).

So no conspiracy here.... just supply and demand.

+3 more 
posted on May, 14 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

see, when oil goes down, prices at the pump stay the same, and trickle down about 5 cents a week, then if a camel farts, they go up a quarter. If it's predicted that oil may go up, prices raise by 50cents or more. If oil does go up, look for a 50 to 75 cent raise immediately, then a slow rise back to about three-fitty. (three fitty)

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Unless someone does a political hail Mary deal with OPEC and Russia, oil isn't going to get back up to profitable again ($50/bbl) till somewhere in 2027.

You're not going to see $3.50 a gallon gas for a long time.

ETA; if you do it isn't oil prices, it is your state boinking you taxwise.

edit on 14-5-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It seems likwe every before the summer driving season a refinery is shut down for some maintenance reason or a pipe line rupture to make gas prices to go up. They say it's just a coincidence just like where I live gas prices would go up every weekday just in time for the high paying jobsers to get paid. Had the local TV do an show on it and they concluded the it was all a coincident,

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Yeah it figures that Michigan has had the highest jump.
I filled up 3-4 weeks ago when it was $1.18 and now it’s it like $1.60, which is still lower than before the Covid bullsh!t started.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I am filling my whole house up with barrels of oil because I KNOW the earth is running out. I have been told so nearly my entire life.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Fossil fuel..oil from the rotting flesh and bones from dinosaurs...yea right..a reply to: Fools

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The government needs to rake back in some of that free money they have been handing out for all those stimulus cheques. Not supply and demand at all..it is pure greed. Same as it ever was..

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
i may be totally wrong on this but i thought the gas stations on average sold gas at the price they got it at until that was gone then refilled the tanks with the cheaper stuff (least in this case) gas was 1.23 at the town pump here last week, its now back up to about 1.50-1.99 depending on if its near a lake and the ethanol free stuff for boating (the gas station by my parents house is notorious for being like 60 cents higher then any other gas station for miles in marion)

edit to add cheapest gas i got on my recent road trip was 1.05 near ogden
edit on 14-5-2020 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
a reply to: Lumenari

Yeah it figures that Michigan has had the highest jump.
I filled up 3-4 weeks ago when it was $1.18 and now it’s it like $1.60, which is still lower than before the Covid bullsh!t started.

It's been $1.88 here for over a week (central part of the state).

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigbrooklyn

You MUST be a RUSSIAN SPY!!!!!

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
ETA; if you do it isn't oil prices, it is your state boinking you taxwise.

As long as they're not messing with tequila and bourbon costs.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
As long as they're not messing with tequila and bourbon costs.

Don't forget tobacco. Sin taxes are the worst. LOL

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

It was 1.19 here in WI where I live. In a week it went to 1.84. Crazy man !!

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The tankers are still there.

grist.org...

It's not the government trying to tax you more - it's the Capitalists trying to game the system and suck more from you.

Now granted the government is only the front group for Capitalist extraction for the last 40 years but your thinking is way off the mark.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

"GAS" is a dumb name for something that isn't a gas.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
1) There are 2 grade of fuel oil. One released in the "slow" months , and the other (prime) released in the Spring.

2) With the "Great Lockdown" , they did not sell their "low grade" , and had a fire sale.

3) Now , they are releasing the "prime stuff" and prices are going back up .

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Nyeta reply to: Fools

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Man, I don't know. Fuel prices at the pump here in Tennessee are tracking at about the same price it did last year, and the year before.

I didn't see any crazy low prices at the pumps.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join