It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the Navy ufo video nothing more than a bird?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

The presumption has been that the videos present a view from a near stationary viewpoint. This is not possible. These were filmed from fast-moving aircraft and therefore there may be significant parallax error in that interpretation.

A very small and relatively slow-moving object, closer to the camera than presumed, could appear to be moving in the opposite direction due to the speed of motion of the camera system.

Because the video is in the infrared spectrum, a small warm object like a bird could seem to be larger and brighter than it is.

It doesn't debunk the videos in any way but a more mundane and reasonable explanation is also not out of the question.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I did watch it and he went in with a preconceived notion and reached the conclusion he wanted in his narrative.

Nothing he said invalidates what I said.

UFO is just something flying we have not identified, from what I saw on the FLIR it wasn't a bird in fact would wager it couldn't have been a bird.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

The presumption has been that the videos present a view from a near stationary viewpoint. This is not possible. These were filmed from fast-moving aircraft and therefore there may be significant parallax error in that interpretation.

A very small and relatively slow-moving object, closer to the camera than presumed, could appear to be moving in the opposite direction due to the speed of motion of the camera system.

Because the video is in the infrared spectrum, a small warm object like a bird could seem to be larger and brighter than it is.

It doesn't debunk the videos in any way but a more mundane and reasonable explanation is also not out of the question.

Well that's good. I want people to actually watch the video then comment. The measurement the guy done was based on the information seen on the camera. The object was about two feet. The speed is an illusion as was also explained in the video.

I think regarding the three videos, this is the video that could actually be of no significance.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

I did watch it and he went in with a preconceived notion and reached the conclusion he wanted in his narrative.

Nothing he said invalidates what I said.

UFO is just something flying we have not identified, from what I saw on the FLIR it wasn't a bird in fact would wager it couldn't have been a bird.

He comes to this conclusion with the data shown. How did you come to the conclusion it is not a bird? What was the object doing for you to rule this out?

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Actually, what I would like to see is a video of those "tic-tacs" everyone talked about. None of these show anything like that. One is a "bird," the Gimbol video shows a flying saucer, and FLIR shows what looks like a stovetop spoon rest.

Where the tic-tacs at?

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Seriously your asking that question? Was it a bird? With all the testimony, flir camera footage and radar tracking...

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snoots
Seriously your asking that question? Was it a bird? With all the testimony, flir camera footage and radar tracking...

Was there radar tracking for that specific video?

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
With these three Navy videos now being classed as unidentified, a lot of people, including myself was very happy because I believe it means we are heading in the right direction. I came across a video that made me question one of the videos.

The video in question is the one with the object travelling fast near the water with a pilot and his partner tracking it.

Now, the video in question, the guy is annoying as hell with the type of arragonce you would expect, but he brings up some good points. Points that are hard to debunk.

Here is the video

Can this object be nothing more than a bird? If so, how the hell did they not know? Surely they see birds all the time.

Would like your thoughts

I found whoever the guy who was narrating the video was really annoying. Looking at the videos, which I’ve seen many times on the series on the History Channel, that is no way shape or form a bird. These are highly trained Navy pilots, the best in the world. No way they are gonna mistake that for a bird. I’m not saying it was aliens either, as it was pointed out just because it was a UFO, doesn’t mean it was little green men. I created a thread regarding the History Channel series on this if you want to look at it. I theorized it could be something the Chinese are testing, as they seem to be pretty advanced in this area. But very definitely not birds.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

found whoever the guy who was narrating the video was really annoying. 

He was very annoying and very smug.

Looking at the videos, which I’ve seen many times on the series on the History Channel, that is no way shape or form a bird.

How do you know that? The object was not going as fast as it looked on the video. The heat signature does not rule out a bird. The size of the object, going by the data he saw on the camera was small (think two feet he said) They are tracking the object through their camera. We are seeing what they are seeing.

The object does absolutly nothing a bird could not do. So I fail to understand why it could not be a bird.

These are highly trained Navy pilots, the best in the world. No way they are gonna mistake that for a bird. 

But they are seeing it through the camera. Does not matter how trained you are, all you are seeing is a white dot moving above the sea.

I’m not saying it was aliens either, as it was pointed out just because it was a UFO, doesn’t mean it was little green men.

I agree.

I theorized it could be something the Chinese are testing, as they seem to be pretty advanced in this area. .

It could be a small drone, and this is the thing, there is nothing amazing about this video.

But very definitely not birds.

Again, I do not know how you can rule it out.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: neformore

I've seen this written off as a bird, a balloon and a sensor glitch - but all because the clip is taken out of context forgetting the rest of the story surrounding the radar traces and the fact the the battle group had been picking things up for some time before the footage was taken.

Are you sure that the provenance of this video (called the "Go Fast" video) is the same as the other two? Are all three videos contemporaneous? Are they all taken in the same area? Do any of them have anything to do with what Favor says he saw?

I also don't think the Pentagon are idiots. if they say that these things are genuine, then they will have done so only after running through all of the variables and making damn sure they don't look stupid.
Meaning that they know exactly what is in the videos?

No..

It means they know what it ISNT

Which means.. not a bird, not a domestic craft, not an instrument glitch

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

No..

It means they know what it ISNT

Which means.. not a bird, not a domestic craft, not an instrument glitch

But what have they put forward that gives evidence that is is not a bird? There are a lot of people on this thread saying it is not a bird, but cannot actually explain why is is not a bird.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No - meaning they don't know.

I think any military professional aviator is the epitome of a 'credible witness' and that to suggest that the people involved in this somehow mistook a bird or balloon for something else is laughable.

People seem to be suggesting the USN air force doesn't know a bird when it sees one - even to the point of where they would release a video of it.

Never known a military department to open themselves to ridicule and say 'hey, laugh at us!"

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Dis-ifo. It's insidious and everywhere.

You think it's not here at ATS?

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I hate to admit it, but the explanation makes a lot of sense.
The same YT channel has already published a part 2 explaining another video (FLIR, it seems).
(This is not original work by the way. Mick West presented these ideas way earlier.)

I am the original TTSA believer. But I find that none of their videos is compelling proof of something unexplainable. It all falls well in the category of "plausible deniability".
I wonder what the purpose of this all is? Discredit and take down some inconvenient voices?

TTSA has just announced a new program on Twitter where they (finally!) will open up for communication:
"We're excited to announce our new #TTSATalks program. Starting this week, TTSA team members will host informative conversations to dive deep into the complexities surrounding TTSA’s mission and the various people, partnerships and projects that are helping us achieve our goals."

If anybody has the time, please ask Chris Mellon what he thinks about the parallax explanation. I am seriously overworked and probably won't have the time to do it myself.
This Wednesday at 10 a.m. PT/1 p.m. ET, TTSA Advisor & Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence @christopherkme4 will host a 1-hour live Q&A to answer your questions about #UAPs and government policy. Join us by using #TTSATalks to participate.

Bottom line: With the limited personal experience of most of us it is impossible to judge what the video in question shows. Could be bird or an extraterrestrial drone. But if it could be a bird it would be a slightly more likely explanation :-)
It is indeed time for open discussion where representatives of TTSA should explain why this should be unexplainable.

edit on 11-5-2020 by SacredLore because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SacredLore

I've had trouble taking Chris Mellon and TTSA seriously since they hosted their first briefing session in 2017. TTSA were using a pic of a mylar party balloon during the brief.

Screenshots of Chris Mellon during his brief.

The picture was nothing to do with the US Navy encounters, but simply a pic of a mylar party balloon taken in the UK.

Rense Link

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo

Yes, I know. But I would accept this as a simple mistake made by the person who put together the background. They never referred to that picture during the presentation. But they should definitely have apologized later on.

Communication in the sense of "two way communication" is something that TTSA must improve. They need to respond to feedback and (valid) criticism like the video discussed in this thread. On the other hand... when was the last time that Google, Amazon or Facebook has listened to you?
edit on 12-5-2020 by SacredLore because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Sadly, everything points to it being a bird. Every single person on here saying it def is not a bird, when I ask them to back that up, they cannot, which says a lot.

Yes, the other two videos are harder to explain, and I have always said that this subject needs further investigation.

But that also means changing hour mind on certain cases and videos like this. Changing your mind on this video dies not mean you are a nasty debunker.

But this video, and the new evidence that has come to light, points to a bird.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Sadly, everything points to it being a bird. Every single person on here saying it def is not a bird, when I ask them to back that up, they cannot, which says a lot.

Yes, the other two videos are harder to explain, and I have always said that this subject needs further investigation.

But that also means changing hour mind on certain cases and videos like this. Changing your mind on this video dies not mean you are a nasty debunker.

Out of interest, have you ever seen a Target Designation Pod (or whatever this was recorded through) track a bird?

I am not being facetious, I havnt seen one and couldn't find one on YouTube.

Personally I do not believe this is an alien.

An Alien!! Sorry it makes me laugh to think many people think little green men are zooming about the earth in their space ships and when confronted they just go, "naah its unidentified innit".

Sorry I was distracted, I am not sure these sensors are advanced enough to pick up a birds thermal image and track it, I mean, they dont track moving vehicles flawlessly, not sure about humans and certainly not birds.

Also, dont thermal sensors have some kind of garbage resolution?

Also, S&F for the challenge.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick

Out of interest, have you ever seen a Target Designation Pod (or whatever this was recorded through) track a bird?

I am not being facetious, I havnt seen one and couldn't find one on YouTube.

Personally I do not believe this is an alien.

An Alien!! Sorry it makes me laugh to think many people think little green men are zooming about the earth in their space ships and when confronted they just go, "naah its unidentified innit".

Sorry I was distracted, I am not sure these sensors are advanced enough to pick up a birds thermal image and track it, I mean, they dont track moving vehicles flawlessly, not sure about humans and certainly not birds.

Also, dont thermal sensors have some kind of garbage resolution?

Also, S&F for the challenge.

To be honest, I do not know if these cameras can pick up birds like this. Would be interesting if someone can clarify this, because I guess that can make a difference to this explanation.

I think, but I may have to watch the video again, but did he give an exame of birds being tracked like this? I will have to watch the video again.

To be honest, I would love evidence that proves that this is not a bird. This guy was so arragont and smug. Would live to wipe that of his face.

Maybe the navy ruled out bird because they cannot be detected by these cameras. I really do not know.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: Blue Shift

Dis-ifo. It's insidious and everywhere.
You think it's not here at ATS?

Oh, this place is filled with little disinformation balloons floating around, whether it's done by professionals offering questionable mundane explanations for unknowns or poisoning a discussion with over the top promotion of alien mythology. I know a lot of it has to do with people believing everything needs to have an explanation, but sometimes it just drowns the topic at hand in a morass of nonsense and kills curiosity. But I guess that's the goal.

Forget about it. Move along. Nothing to see here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join