It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am asking for a mod to reply to me about music.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

You ask something at 3am EST when a good number of the US staff are asleep and expect an answer before 7am EST before throwing a fit over being abandoned?

Let me point out some things to consider:

1. People sleep...shocking.
2. Staff take actions by consensus. No quorum, no unified answer.
3. T&C are the General Rules. Staff make decisions by consensus, see number 2.
4. Public forums are not the best place to ask a question to get the entire staff’s attention. Use the Complaint/Suggestion feature.

If you are surprised that this is an off the cuff response and not an official answer, see numbers 2 and 4.

If I seem cranky, keep in mind I was woke up early, have not yet had coffee this morning and haven’t had a cigarette in three months...meaning we all have things going on outside of ATS too. But here I am typing a reply for you to keep your pants on.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I added two music related links concernin historical mods.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   

There's a very easy way to get the answer you want without the drama... Up at the top of the page there's a menu, and beside that menu is a pull-down arrow. Click it and it'll open another list of possible actions. One of them says complain. Click it and you have a message box that will send your question directly to Staff. When we get it, we will take a few hours to consider the question and reply with a consensus (or sometimes a request for more information).

As Ahabstar points out, staff actions are by consensus. We consider, discuss, debate, question, and then decide based on the T&Cs and Staff agreements. That keeps the site fair and balanced, since we have staff of every political/social bent imaginable.

We're also an all-volunteer staff; don't forget that. I personally tend to sleep at night whenever possible. Personal quirk.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: solve

Have been trying to smuggle in a music video by Lil Dicky...

Yeah that (SNIP) don`t fly in here...

Ha, found a way..

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Just put "NSFW" so people will know it's not PG enough to listen to at work or at home with your kids near.

Unless a mod has already answered you. Just telling you what I'd do.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Well this thread escalated quickly... I'm out.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy
I have been thinking about doing this for a while. And now i am doing it.

Let's assume i post a music video. English lyrics. And then there is an F*** word. Or maybe two. Not to show off how rude things someone can say out loud, but to emphasize a point. Point within the lyrics of the music video.

Is that a terms and conditions violation?

And secondly, what if i post a music video, sang in Finnish language? You will not understand. You never know how horrible things are there in the song lyrics.

Is that a terms and conditions violation?

Thanks for all your hard work, operators or admins or whatnots. This is a cool forum i love this.

I'm listening to a Finnish band..pretty creepy, can't understand a word..like Rammstein, but I like the vibe, it's Oranssi Pazuzu.

To the question, I have seen music that had swear words in them, probably as long as its not overdone. Maybe a nsfw warning.

Nothing wrong with music..have thought of starting a music thread in chit chat

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

There's a very easy way to get the answer you want without the drama... Up at the top of the page there's a menu, and beside that menu is a pull-down arrow. Click it and it'll open another list of possible actions. One of them says complain. Click it and you have a message box that will send your question directly to Staff. When we get it, we will take a few hours to consider the question and reply with a consensus (or sometimes a request for more information).

As Ahabstar points out, staff actions are by consensus. We consider, discuss, debate, question, and then decide based on the T&Cs and Staff agreements. That keeps the site fair and balanced, since we have staff of every political/social bent imaginable.

We're also an all-volunteer staff; don't forget that. I personally tend to sleep at night whenever possible. Personal quirk.

TheRedneck

Finally a mod response. LIke ahabstar did. And you. Thanks fine people.

Drama? Are you with a serious face saying that i am bringing drama into this thread? Does this thread seem like attention seeking? Please read all the posts again, Then you will find out who brings something into the table and who is in here to seek a fight.

Man why? I have not done anything bad towards you. I did not mean it if i did.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Mountain.
Molehill.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

The 2 lines i posted are not bullying in any way

So this is where snow-flakery has us now. Sheesh

I think we're all big boys and girls here

If you think that is bullying you're well mistaken

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I did not say who caused the drama. Please, forget I ever mentioned anything.

Please use the complaint button for all future Staff correspondence.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I did not say who caused the drama. Please, forget I ever mentioned anything.

Please use the complaint button for all future Staff correspondence.

TheRedneck

Okay. This is the moment when i need to apologize. I did not mean this. When i encounter further issues, i will use the "complaint button" i am truly sorry, this is all my fault.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: LSU2018

Mountain.
Molehill.

Yep, totally agree.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
a reply to: Lagomorphe

The 2 lines i posted are not bullying in any way

So this is where snow-flakery has us now. Sheesh

I think we're all big boys and girls here

If you think that is bullying you're well mistaken

Mate, I was accused of bullying and I only answered a question. Then "Suddenly" after that 1st post. Really don't get it.

My thoughts,

Bally

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

Mate, I was accused of bullying and I only answered a question. Then "Suddenly" after that 1st post. Really don't get it.

My thoughts,

Bally

You "get it" Just perfectly. Do not pretend to be stupid, because you are not stupid.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
Most of the basement dwellers that have bullied you out of your thread don't even know you and your posting history and are just trying to gain intellectual erections mate.

They don't realise the damage they may have done during your time of mental fragility as they can't put two brain cells together themselves.

Just ignore the parasites and come back to the shed where you will always be welcome.

Mods do not seem to be replying to board questions for the moment (which may be quite understandable) and I agree with the question that you asked.

I suppose it depends on the moderator and the forum he/her is allocated to and his/hers time in RL and his/hers humor at the time they read said thread!?

Take care Finn.

Lags

Hang on lags. I'm not a basement poster and I've known Fin for a long time. No bullying intended in mine, the first response, which was a legit question. I don't bully anyone. Nothing over the top. Have another read and the response. It was not what I expected. How is that first response certified in the beginning as - "getting mentally hit from every single imaginable direction."

Bit over the top cobber and from that response, it seems to me, that the poster was expecting adverse replies, 1 post. As to your saying, "just trying to gain intellectual erections." Wha? Nothing intellectual at all in my response first off. Just a question. I ain't a parasite mate, get that right from the start! As for The Shed, I've been a contributor and defender since my first post in there many years ago hence I know about Fin.

How about a re read and get things into perspective, Parasite??? Gimmee a break.

Kind regards,

Bally

Hey Bally.

My posts were not intended for you so dont get your knickers in a twist

Kindest respects

Lags

Oh!!! I gets "my knickers in a twist." Noice,,, ending line backed up that your claims of bullying wasn't directed at me. Don't agree cobs. Tragically, you said it, and all the posters were replying to the OP copped it.

Now, without twisted knickers, I respectfully ask you read the beginning OP and my reply then see what happens after that reply. i.e. the OP's reply to me. ...... It's like the world has already come asunder and everyone on ATS is against that post.

Well I'm sorry digger but I won't cop that......I asked a simple question.

Kind regards,

Bally
edit on 11-5-2020 by bally001 because: Spillin mistooks

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

My thoughts,

Bally

You "get it" Just perfectly. Do not pretend to be stupid, because you are not stupid.

There you go,

I don't pretend to be stupid. I'm clearly aware what you said and what was intended and then the outcome. You are not stupid either.

Perfectly geared sir Fin.

Bally
edit on 11-5-2020 by bally001 because: comprehension

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:38 AM
link   
If you don't agree mate that's ok and I respect your opinion.

I have a clear conscience.

Take care and hope that we can get back to the friendly chit chat.

Warmest

Lags

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Tell you what.

Send one of us the video you're interested in posting, along with the rest of the post, and we'll check it out.

Many video's have been posted with, shall we say, questionable even graphic words and pictures.

There is a point past which we don't allow, but that's, many times, contextually driven.

So, ask, and we'll see what's what.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
See?

Dramas...

That is why we ask for things not done in public threads.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join