It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am asking for a mod to reply to me about music.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I have been thinking about doing this for a while. And now i am doing it.

Let's assume i post a music video. English lyrics. And then there is an F*** word. Or maybe two. Not to show off how rude things someone can say out loud, but to emphasize a point. Point within the lyrics of the music video.

Is that a terms and conditions violation?

And secondly, what if i post a music video, sang in Finnish language? You will not understand. You never know how horrible things are there in the song lyrics.

Thanks for all your hard work, operators or admins or whatnots. This is a cool forum i love this.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy
I have been thinking about doing this for a while. And now i am doing it.

Let's assume i post a music video. English lyrics. And then there is an F*** word. Or maybe two. Not to show off how rude things someone can say out loud, but to emphasize a point. Point within the lyrics of the music video.

And secondly, what if i post a music video, sang in Finnish language? You will not understand. You never know how horrible things are there in the song lyrics.

Is there a need for this. Just askin.

Kind regards,

Bally
edit on 10-5-2020 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Kind regards,

Bally

Obviously, when it comes to your opinion, there is no need.

Leaving now. Due to getting mentally hit from every single imaginable direction.

This was not the answer for the question i asked.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

I've posted music video's before with the odd swear word in without them being censored.

I'm sure if it was repeated swearing, really offensive, hate driven etc it would be removed.

Perhaps Mods use a bit of 'common sense' on this subject but of course I can't speak for them and just speak from personal experience and observation.

edit on 10/5/20 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 03:13 AM
link   

It would seem that if you post something that contains material that violates the T&C’s, you would be held responsible; even if the violation are germane to the posting or in a different language.

After all, we are responsible for the content of our posts, regardless of their origin, aren’t we?
edit on 10-5-2020 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I've wondered about this as well. Definitely have seen many youtube vids with naughty language.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Kind regards,

Bally

Leaving now. Due to getting mentally hit from every single imaginable direction.

No opinion offered. As I said, "just askin". My reply wasn't directed in a personal sense. Your answer, "Leaving now. Due to getting mentally hit from every single imaginable direction." I have to now ask, where, who, what direction? My response was the first. I am singular.

Have a sauna and think about it mate.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Have been trying to smuggle in a music video by Lil Dicky...

Yeah that (SNIP) don`t fly in here...

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Kind regards,

Bally

Dude, if the skin is so thin, you shouldn't be doing anything that can bring criticism...

If just asking warrants something you aren't happy with, and causes you to retract, then ...

Be safe.. err, safer.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   
So this is where snow-flakery has us now. Sheesh

I think we're all big boys and girls here

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Ats needs to bring in a new section/forum called "Big Boy Pants/ Big Girl Pants"

Let the obscenities fly here only in this special forum

We are all adults here.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
There have been videos like that many times on ATS, and even videos with police shootings and such...
As long you put in a big fat disclaimer I think you are good.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   
What now?

Snow-flakery. Thin skin? Sue me for those issues if you want.

How about a Mod reply? That is what i asked. Can you read?

Mod reply is what i asked for, not multiple members teaming up against me.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   
A disclaimer and common sense carry some weight in censorship here, just my observation.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Most of the basement dwellers that have bullied you out of your thread don't even know you and your posting history and are just trying to gain intellectual erections mate.

They don't realise the damage they may have done during your time of mental fragility as they can't put two brain cells together themselves.

Just ignore the parasites and come back to the shed where you will always be welcome.

Mods do not seem to be replying to board questions for the moment (which may be quite understandable) and I agree with the question that you asked.

Examples of two videos that have been posted here in the past on ATS and have never been moderated are the two below :

I suppose it depends on the moderator and the forum he/her is allocated to and his/hers time in RL and his/hers humor at the time they read said thread!?

Take care Finn.

Lags
edit on 11-5-2020 by Lagomorphe because: I am crap

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
Most of the basement dwellers that have bullied you out of your thread don't even know you and your posting history and are just trying to gain intellectual erections mate.

They don't realise the damage they may have done during your time of mental fragility as they can't put two brain cells together themselves.

Just ignore the parasites and come back to the shed where you will always be welcome.

Mods do not seem to be replying to board questions for the moment (which may be quite understandable) and I agree with the question that you asked.

I suppose it depends on the moderator and the forum he/her is allocated to and his/hers time in RL and his/hers humor at the time they read said thread!?

Take care Finn.

Lags

Hang on lags. I'm not a basement poster and I've known Fin for a long time. No bullying intended in mine, the first response, which was a legit question. I don't bully anyone. Nothing over the top. Have another read and the response. It was not what I expected. How is that first response certified in the beginning as - "getting mentally hit from every single imaginable direction."

Bit over the top cobber and from that response, it seems to me, that the poster was expecting adverse replies, 1 post. As to your saying, "just trying to gain intellectual erections." Wha? Nothing intellectual at all in my response first off. Just a question. I ain't a parasite mate, get that right from the start! As for The Shed, I've been a contributor and defender since my first post in there many years ago hence I know about Fin.

How about a re read and get things into perspective, Parasite??? Gimmee a break.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

Take care Finn.

Lags

Hang on lags. I'm not a basement poster and I've known Fin for a long time. No bullying intended in mine, the first response, which was a legit question. I don't bully anyone. Nothing over the top. Have another read and the response. It was not what I expected. How is that first response certified in the beginning as - "getting mentally hit from every single imaginable direction."

Bit over the top cobber and from that response, it seems to me, that the poster was expecting adverse replies, 1 post. As to your saying, "just trying to gain intellectual erections." Wha? Nothing intellectual at all in my response first off. Just a question. I ain't a parasite mate, get that right from the start! As for The Shed, I've been a contributor and defender since my first post in there many years ago hence I know about Fin.

How about a re read and get things into perspective, Parasite??? Gimmee a break.

Kind regards,

Bally

Hey Bally.

My posts were not intended for you so dont get your knickers in a twist

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

WTF are you on about mate.
I for one haven't in any way 'bullied' Finn....I simply posted my experiences and my take on things.

I don't think anyone is trying to bully anyone.

Jeez, people really need to get a #ing grip!

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 05:24 AM
link   
F*** all of this.

Delete this thread, if any Mods are here anymore.

I asked a sincere question, got shot down, i can handle it. But now two other members are fighting. This is officially NOT cool.

It was not my intention for this thread to go south like this. I was sure that in a couple of hours, a mod would answer and then i would know better. But seems like i opened a can of worms.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Lagomorphe

WTF are you on about mate.
I for one haven't in any way 'bullied' Finn....I simply posted my experiences and my take on things.

I don't think anyone is trying to bully anyone.

Jeez, people really need to get a #ing grip!

I named no names Free, just read through the thread; there are some people who were not cool with the OP.

You and Bally were not one of them.

Lags

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join