It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expect more FEAR...more PANIC!! EXPECT...MOAR!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I’m not scared. Are you scared flying?

Hang on, FCD can pilot an aircraft and is/was a regular passenger on trips. I've read the posts and kept up to date mate.

Bally

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Please forgive me for not selectively responding to each post, there are a number of great ones, so I will respond to all (so far) with this post.

Am I afraid? No. The OP was sarcastic and intended to point out the utter progressive lunacy we are seeing as each day dawns. Today there will be something new to panic about.

Am I worried about running out of food? No. I raise beef cattle for cripes sakes! No food shortage here! And, as far as I'm concerned there won't be any beef shortage if I have anything to say about it. Which brings me to the point of the OP, and the cited article about there being a looming beef shortage. Here's the problem with that...

All the stories about meat shortages (beef, pork, chicken, etc.) are generally based on the same underpinning theme...that the processing houses are closed due to the virus (of course) so they can't get their animals processed to go to market. Okay, well, hold them back until the processing houses open then! You see, this is where the argument falls apart and becomes fear mongering. But wait! Some producers can't afford to do that, FCD! (yes, I was talking to myself, rhetorically of course). Okay, now we're getting to the heart of the matter. Well let's look at this a little more closely, shall we?

When demand is high, then wholesale (on the hoof) prices are high, right? In a sane world, the answer to this question would be 'yes', but we're not in a 'sane world' right now. So, the answer is 'no', wholesale beef prices are at an all time low right now. Consequently, a producer can wait until prices come back up, or...he can dig a great big hole in the back forty and bulldoze all his product into it (not really, but you get the idea). I mean, those are really the only two choices, right? You'd sure think so by reading some of the fear mongering! Now, when I say 'wait', I'm not talking about years here, but rather a month or two, or even three. (this could be a really long post, so I'll try to be brief). If your margin is so thin you can't weather a storm like this then you're not really in the cattle business, you're in the commodities business, and you're not on a cattle ranch, you're on a feedlot. (Nothing against you feedlot guys, just sayin'). And maybe you should go into town and get a job, like maybe on Wall St. See where this is headed?

Now, I could go on a multi-paragraph rant about quality vs. price, but I'll spare you. I think we can all agree, the quality of beef you get at the supermarket is awful compared to one or two decades ago. Don't even get me started on the whole "Angus Beef" thing! What you get in the store is flavorless, mass produced, well, crap...honestly. And why is this? Because people are cheap, and they're willing to eat crap...so long as it's cheap. SOoooo...what you are witnessing as a "shortage" is all that crap being purged from the market. And the "bottleneck" you keep hearing about is preventing more of that crap from flooding back into the market. So, at the risk of being too verbose, allow me to paint a little picture of what this all looks like from behind the scenes, let you in on a dirty little secret if you will.

This may shock you, so just be advised. On a normal, sane, day in a good market, a cattleman will take an animal to market and be lucky to get just over one (1) dollar per pound for that animal. Fortunes are won and lost in the digits AFTER the decimal point. You read that right, $1.00/lb. So, why does steak cost $16/lb?, and why does ground beef cost $3.99/lb (or more). Somebody is sure makin' some money, but it damn sure ain't the rancher. Sure, there's waste, but surprisingly little when you consider collateral industries like the leather for the seats in that Beamer or on that sofa, pet related products, beauty products, adhesives, etc. The retailers would have you think this is a standard 40% +/- waste model (i.e. hanging carcass weight is 60% of on the hoof weight), but it's not. Hell, they even try to convince us cattlemen of the same thing!

The only way you can get to $16/lb for a steak is through greed. Yeah, there's labor, and trucking, ground leases, storefront and refrigeration, but don't forget these things amortize over millions of tons of beef, not just one 1,000 lb. steer. Those numbers are big, but are they worth 16x, 1,600%, of the base product???? I'll answer; No, they're not.

So, you tell me. Is there a beef shortage? OR, is there a glut in the greed market?

Answer seems pretty clear to me, how about you?

edit on 4/29/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Yup... the madness continues

Today i saw a lady driving past with a mask on...

Apparently not only can you catch covid online... it goes through windows now

Oh the humanity...

Did you know what anyone who has worn a mask has figured out -
that wearing the mask for too long causes carbon dioxide poisoning -
in other words, you pass out

Already there has been one report of a person driving
for hours with their mask on, in the car, windows up
who passed out and crashed due to carbon dioxoide build up

I bet we will never hear of it again, it goes against the narrative
that we must all wear masks all the time outside our homes
or we will die.

abcnews.go.com...

Bet if the person had died it would have been recorded as a COVID 19 death.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Well, to be fair, it really depends on how you breathe with a mask on. CO2 is a gas, it can't 'collect' on a mask, and if it builds up in a car then there's something wrong with the car's ventilation system. Neither is a fault of the mask.

I think what happens is, people who are not familiar with breathing with a mask on tend to short-cycle their breaths because they're not used to feeling the hot / humid air around their face when they exhale.

Just my theory anyway.

ETA - Star for the 'going against the narrative' part though!

Bet if the person had died it would have been recorded as a COVID 19 death.

Damn straight, it would have!

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Thanks for the little kudo

However, here is an article from the National Institute of Health,
written long before this "Crises that must not go to waste" according
to Hillary a few days ago.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Facepiece dead volume accumulates exhaled carbon dioxide in the voids between the respirator and the face and returns it to the respiratory system during the next inspiration. This carbon dioxide then acts as a respiratory stimulant. Because carbon dioxide is a psychoactive gas, dead volume may also produce discomfort and a performance decrement at low-intensity work. A typical value for full-facepiece APR respirator dead volume is 350 mL. Such a dead volume is expected to reduce performance time by 19 % at a work rate of 80 to 85 % of maximum oxygen uptake [52].

As given in Fig. 1, more intense work cannot be sustained as long a time as can less intense work. If workers are expected to work very hard for a while, they must also be in a position to rest or, at least, slow down for a while. This can be a problem if the worker cannot control the rate of work, because anaerobic work continued for too long can result in the maximum oxygen debt being reached. Then the worker would not be able to work any more until he or she recovers sufficiently.

edit on 4/29/20 by The2Billies because: format

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Well, okay, but those are full face respirators, not the mask type.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

No, those were the N95 respirators, the article was about the health issues from N95 masks on painters, etc.
The kind everyone wants to get their hands on. Painters don't wear the kind of respirators that you think the article was about.

The masks have no ventilation whereas the N95 ones do. They called them respirators because they have a square valve on the front that is supposed to allow the carbon dioxide to escape more easily than a regular face mask without the valve.

edit on 4/29/20 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I confess, I didn't read the article.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

That's ok. I should have posted the title of the article "Respirator masks protect health but impact performance: a review"

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I must wash my hands fifteen billion times a day, but then when I played my guitar-BANG! i'm in the ICU.

I must stay an arm length away from my drum set and keyboard, and typing on this keyboard puts it a great risk of getting a virus.

Doctor doctor! this patient needs avast stat!

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Floridadreamin

These ARE strange days, for sure. Still not panicking and eating lots of nuts.

I'm a prepper so I already had food stored up long before this happened. Mostly nuts, beans, rice, dry pastas.

Just before this I moved to a new place that has a large back yard. i started growing broccoli, cabbage, onions, peanuts, eggplant, peppers, and okra. Just for fun and to sharpen my growing skills. And to spend less money on food. I ordered several kinds of edible mushrooms because I thought it would be fun to learn to grow them. A girl that likes me saw my garden and offered to give me her ex boyfriends hydroponic equipment.
Then right as my broccoli and eggplants got to around the 2 foot height that's when the virus hit.

I also work from home. And live with a person that draws ss and disability payments.
Through luck and preparedness I'm in a much better place then most.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

????

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I choose life.

That is all.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Am I afraid? No. The OP was sarcastic and intended to point out the utter progressive lunacy we are seeing as each day dawns.

Then don't worry about it.
Most people and governments are letting people do what they feel they should.
Let the people that don't worry about getting sick go out and get sick. Let the ones that are so scared they wont leave their house stay inside.

We should all let everyone make their own choice and not punish them for it.
I like that the fed and local governments are taking a mostly let the people do what they want approach.
Except in the recent order to the meat packing plants. People are going to die from this. And we should all decide the level of risk for ourselves individually.

A business owner should not be forced to stay open.
A citizen should not be forced to risk their life if they honestly feel like being around others is a risk.
A citizen should not be forced to stay away from others or their job if the others and employer are willing to take the risk.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   

And if things get bad or stupid enough you meat farmers and us vegetable farmers can help our local communities with cheap or even free food.

Those stories about farmers just letting crops go to waste because they could get them to market just blows my mind.
The food is there! You spent all that energy and time growing and raising it. Spend some more time and energy selling that stuff on the side of the road if you have to.

And to hell with any laws that say you can't do that. The cops in my area are not enforcing most of the new rules and I don't see why they would enforce laws that stop people from feeding each other.

My landlord has a rule that I can't sell anything from this house. My hours at my work from home job just dropped to 5-10 a week. So I'm going to be selling (or giving away) the extra vegs That I can't can.

This needs to be a time of helping each other.
Hell lets just do what we want and show the governments that we don't need them.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

i would be very suspicious of a claim of a driver " passing out " due to CO2 concentration , in a car

a gradually rising CO2 conc. will cause a whole slew of VERY obvious [ and painfull ] sympotoms before unconciousness occurs

google CO2 toxicity

and as a simple experiment - hold your breath . till you HAVE TO breathe

the pain and discomfort you feel - is NOT oxygen depletion - its CO2 build up

mamals - have no mechanism to detect or react to O2 deficiency - they react to elevated CO2

i would expect a driver - in a car that started with std atmosphere - and created a toxic atmosphere soley by his own respiration - would put his fist through a window or open the drivers door - regardless of speed or traffic - before unconciousness hits

fatal CO2 toxicity [ from atmosphere - as opposed to axphixiation ] - normally occurs in confined spaces where levels are > 10% vol - breweries [ of all types ] and industrial plants - being the most common

it can also occur - in underground confined spaces - swers ducts and mines - where biological activity gernerates CO2

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Did you know what anyone who has worn a mask has figured out -
that wearing the mask for too long causes carbon dioxide poisoning -
in other words, you pass out

Never heard of anything like that before... and I've been wearing medical masks for over 8 years now...

but ye never know... IF it does happen, one less idiot on the road I suppose...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join