It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isn't it strange?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I saw a commercial on TV tonite that was explaining who the CoronaVirus affected most. Interesting thing is, when I thought it through, I realized that it mostly affects people on Social Security or people with Pre-Existing Medical conditions.

Isn't it strange that there are people with a certain political disposition who want to get rid of both of those?

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

Are you saying that the Democratic Party wants to take out seniors because seniors are solid votes for Republicans?

www.nbcnews.com...

People 65 and older have long been solidly Republican, serving as reliable voters who can be counted on to not only turn out more than other blocs, but also do so with less effort on the part of campaigns. Their support was evident in both the 2010 and the 2014 midterm elections, when the GOP won these voters by 21 and 16 points respectively. So, too, was it visible in the last two presidential elections, as senior voters backed Mitt Romney by 12 and Donald Trump by eight points.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Pre-existing conditions usually means they have compromised immune systems or are on meds that cause problems with their immune response that is needed for properly fighting this disease.

Old people often are on meds that can contribute to less immunity to this disease or their immune systems are too weak to fight it because they are old and wore out. That is life. Any virus or infection could kill these people. Giving a person over seventy five a flu shot is worthless most times, you cannot stimulate an immune reaction if their immune system is almost nothing. Same with people taking meds that block immune response, every time you take a benedryl you block your immune system for a while. If you are constantly taking them your risk of a bad disease increases.

Not all meds increase the susceptablity to this disease causing a major event, a discussion with your doctor should be done if you do research and find your meds interfere with your immune system, never ever stop taking a medication without discussing it with your doctor. Not all meds are a problem, but some are, if you quit an immune suppressant too fast, sometimes it can cause major problems, other meds that actually adjust enzymes or alter homeostasis can also cause problems if you quit too quickly. Most doctors know about this, but I had two friends who had their doctor reduce their anti-histamine type meds too fast and both women died. Sad, they were not that old.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Like those that monetize health care, cut funding to scientific and medical groups, and want to reduce pensions and social security payments?

Yes, they are bad.

edit on 23/4/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc
Isn't it strange that there are people with a certain political disposition who want to get rid of both of those?

Would that be the political disposition that is pushing for the earliest possible end to the shelter in place orders and resumption of “normal” business...

Despite the cautions from the scientific and medical communities that such actions could result in a “spike” in CV19-related illnesses and deaths?

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Are you saying that the Democratic Party wants to take out seniors because seniors are solid votes for Republicans?

www.nbcnews.com...

People 65 and older have long been solidly Republican, serving as reliable voters who can be counted on to not only turn out more than other blocs, but also do so with less effort on the part of campaigns. Their support was evident in both the 2010 and the 2014 midterm elections, when the GOP won these voters by 21 and 16 points respectively. So, too, was it visible in the last two presidential elections, as senior voters backed Mitt Romney by 12 and Donald Trump by eight points.

Of course, to believe this, you'd have to believe that the Democrats, who can't even get a simple voting app to work, are capable of engineering something that is pretty much beyond current technology, half a world away, and with decidedly unpredictable outcomes, even if they could do it.

But that's crazy talk - literally.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   
They would do anything for power

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Turns out that Covid 19 is global, it’s not just those in the US that, get ii?

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

They could try "beautiful clean coal" but not that bald eagle killing wind power "spewing tremendous fumes into the atmosphere", "Gases are spewing into the atmosphere. You know we have a world, right? So the world is tiny compared to the universe. So tremendous, tremendous amount of fumes and everything. ."

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 12:50 AM
link   

94% of advertising is the Devils bidness. 6% are flyers for local bands and art installments.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

They could try "beautiful clean coal" but not that bald eagle killing wind power "spewing tremendous fumes into the atmosphere", "Gases are spewing into the atmosphere. You know we have a world, right? So the world is tiny compared to the universe. So tremendous, tremendous amount of fumes and everything. ."

Cheap energy bad.

Expensive energy good.

Seems legit.

To help you out here...

Despite abundant natural resources and a relatively small population, New Zealand is a net importer of energy, in the form of petroleum products.

About 60% of your electricity comes from imported hydrocarbons.

I think you should personally lead the effort in NZ to add a decimal point to your electric bill by going 100% renewables.

edit on 23-4-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Cheap energy bad.

Expensive energy good.

Seems legit.

To help you out here...

Despite abundant natural resources and a relatively small population, New Zealand is a net importer of energy, in the form of petroleum products.

About 60% of your electricity comes from imported hydrocarbons.

I think you should personally lead the effort in NZ to add a decimal point to your electric bill by going 100% renewables.

I'm not dependent on the grid. I'm using it because it is cheap. Also, I think you need to review your sources:

Electricity sector in New Zealand
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I'm not dependent on the grid. I'm using it because it is cheap.

So you are one of the greedy people bent on destroying the beautiful Earth?
GRRRRRRHHH.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Not strange at all. Babies have died. Teens have died. You are beyond being sadly mistaken.

Advanced Life Support/retired 2019

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Good topic

Your thread is saying that it's an ambush I agree because down here in Texas we just been bushwhacked

We wont get a check...I guess they know we don't need it being empty nesters....my son is a millionaire plumber.....where I'm building our house by myself.....
edit on 23-4-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Well, we did shut down schools and childcare facilities before we shut down other fields virtually insuring a lot of grandparents had to watch their grandchildren during that time.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I drove near the Altamont pass yesterday. Hundreds of giant windmills. The dead birds is no laughing matter, and its a constant problem. Lots of beautiful red tailed hawks lose their lives, not even to mention the other birds. They hit the blades all the time. One of my friends used to work on the mills

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

No, the OP never mentioned anything like that...you are though.

You put the party twist where it didn't exist because the OP only mentioned "political disposition" and also did not mention any particular country and shows no location in the their profile.

This is a GLOBAL pandemic and not something any one country can own.....unless it was manifested by them of course.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I drove near the Altamont pass yesterday. Hundreds of giant windmills. The dead birds is no laughing matter, and its a constant problem. Lots of beautiful red tailed hawks lose their lives, not even to mention the other birds. They hit the blades all the time. One of my friends used to work on the mills

Wind farms are hardly the bird slayers they're made out to be—here's why - Phys.org

I live in New Zealand. 82% of our electricity generation comes from renewables such as wind power. I can see one of the windmills just by driving about 5 minutes down the road. We don't have a bird kill problem because we geared the windmill down so it doesn't spin so damn fast and it only really switches in in higher wind conditions (which birds shelter from). This type of thing is called engineering.

Also, our aluminium production, a material used a lot in those windmills, is substantially extracted electrically. How's that, we use green energy to make machinery that gives us more, and cheaper green energy! Engineering to the rescue again!

Aluminium smelting

Also, there are very few fumes due to the nature of the processes we use (about half a kg of 'fume' gasses per ton of aluminium). In fact most Bauxite, the mineral from which aluminium is extracted, is predominantly an oxide of aluminium. The "fumes" produced are mostly hydrogen and oxygen - water. Engineering!

Bauxite

But, I suppose if dollars are your only concern, and not the environment nor the availability of cheap energy from renewable sources, then you'd run the windmills at their maximum speed and use the cheapest (and dirtiest) aluminium production you could.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Of course, to believe this, you'd have to believe that the Democrats, who can't even get a simple voting app to work, are capable of engineering something that is pretty much beyond current technology, half a world away, and with decidedly unpredictable outcomes, even if they could do it.
But that's crazy talk - literally.

I'll agree with you on them engineering it. I do believe that they would take advantage of it if it was dropped in their lap.

Go figure.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join