It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WW 3 how about we try to prevent it ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Trump needs to wipe the smile off China’s face. (that’s where I went off topic Seeker) lol

Has anybody noticed that the last couple years we haven’t been hearing much about the South China Sea ?

“ when the war drums quit beating it’s time to worry”

Well Japan has been worried for the last seven years. Over that time period their defense budget has increased 13% . They altered their constitution to permit offensive use of weapons to defend their self and their allies.

Navytimes

They now have the fifth rank military in the world.

The fourth most powerful navy.

And the sixth ranked Air Force .

Global fire power

Why would a country that swore off war because of the horrors they’ve seen and choose to live a pacifist existence for 50 years suddenly start arming themselves?

The Japanese might suffer a lot of stereotypes. But stupid isn’t one of them .

They see the writing on the wall. Not just in Taiwan but in the East China and the Sea Diaoyu/Senkaku and Dokdo/Takeshima islands..

People say China’s got colonial intentions. Those people are underestimating China.

China has imperial ambitions.

They’ve been pushing their military weight around in the South china sea ,East China seas and Africa. , Manipulating the economie and daring anyone to knock the chip off their shoulder.

We had similar circumstances about 84 years ago. When Neville Chamberlain led the world to war.

“An Appeaser Is One Who Feeds a Crocodile, Hoping It Will Eat Him Last”

We can’t be that guy .

We must do something that we should’ve done a long time ago and recognize Taiwan as a nation.

We don’t need congresses approval.

All Trump has to do is say it.

That might not be official but it will be enough to call their bluff.

After aggression by China in 2014. Vietnam sought our help militarily through the joint vision program. Obama even chipped in and rescinded the ban on lethal weapons in 2015. Last year they participated in RIMPAC.

I wouldn’t be surprised because of the blood China spilt in 1988 and a long history of aggression going back to 1979. That Vietnam would follow our lead in an hour. (1/2 joking )

Did anyone know that we have preposition war stocks in Vietnam? (Zap fact check please that was from memory)

Security cooperation with Vietnam

Japan would be more diplomatic but they would follow suit .

Not many people have watched but Japan is pretty cozy with Taiwan now . Their Coast Guards have even had exercises. The island disputes they had for 50yrs are now neutral zones by agreement . And they had the balls to use the word Taiwan at some diplomatic levels.

Brookings institute

If Taiwan fell Japan would be in Taiwan’s position with a traditional enemy that’s been raming their ships, abducting their sailors and challenging there air space in the east and south China seas . Hence the 13% increasing military spending .

Hopefully recognition would enpower enough of the nations China has been bulling in south east Asia to follow.

My God look at human history. We’re all a bunch destructive murdering power craving greedy SOBs. (as a whole not individually)

Every hundred years or so a big war breaks out ( Sometimes two) especially when there’s a new emerging power seeking domination .

Somethings coming and if we don’t recognize that fact our kids are going to be the ones bleeding.

Trump needs to look Xi in the eye and make him blink.

edit on 15-4-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

I think the best way to go about it is since every country is suffering with this virus, we get them ALL on our side and make China pay for what the have done, and make them pay hard.

Very nice thread! S+F

Oh and at this point with what is going on, I'm in world war 3 mode because it would be justifiable IMO. Hold on to your hat.
edit on 15-4-2020 by ArchangelOger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Finger pointing won't help.

At this point only sincere apologies and putting the cards on the table from all parties involved will help make it as bearable as possible.

But nothing can stop it...

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   
China has an aircraft carrier or 2 on its way through the Taiwan Straits now

We...are not power hungry war mongerers....those in power are because they always want more and because they can

WHO has refused to recognise Taiwan. Its fairly well known that The WHO are a bunch of corrupts inept gits

Taiwan hates China, Vietnam hates China, Japan hates China, Cambodia hates China,Malaysia hates China,Mongolia really hates China, Hong Kong really really hates China and Tibet.....well they'd burn the place to the ground if they weren't so peaceful. In fact in a poll carried out internationally in 2019 showed the majority of the planet viewed China negatively. This of course in these woke times is called Sinophobia although I doubt there is any real "fear" of China just pure hatred.

What better way to improve their standing in the eyes of the world by becoming The Great Plague Saviour?

edit on 15-4-2020 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Trump needs to wipe the smile off China’s face. (that’s where I went off topic Seeker) lol

Has anybody noticed that the last couple years we haven’t been hearing much about the South China Sea ?

“ when the war drums quit beating it’s time to worry”

Well Japan has been worried for the last seven years. Over that time period their defense budget has increased 13% . They altered their constitution to permit offensive use of weapons to defend their self and their allies.

Navytimes

They now have the fifth rank military in the world.

The fourth most powerful navy.

And the sixth ranked Air Force .

Global fire power

Why would a country that swore off war because of the horrors they’ve seen and choose to live a pacifist existence for 50 years suddenly start arming themselves?

The Japanese might suffer a lot of stereotypes. But stupid isn’t one of them .

They see the writing on the wall. Not just in Taiwan but in the East China and the Sea Diaoyu/Senkaku and Dokdo/Takeshima islands..

People say China’s got colonial intentions. Those people are underestimating China.

China has imperial ambitions.

They’ve been pushing their military weight around in the South china sea ,East China seas and Africa. , Manipulating the economie and daring anyone to knock the chip off their shoulder.

We had similar circumstances about 84 years ago. When Neville Chamberlain led the world to war.

“An Appeaser Is One Who Feeds a Crocodile, Hoping It Will Eat Him Last”

We can’t be that guy .

We must do something that we should’ve done a long time ago and recognize Taiwan as a nation.

We don’t need congresses approval.

All Trump has to do is say it.

That might not be official but it will be enough to call their bluff.

After aggression by China in 2014. Vietnam sought our help militarily through the joint vision program. Obama even chipped in and rescinded the ban on lethal weapons in 2015. Last year they participated in RIMPAC.

I wouldn’t be surprised because of the blood China spilt in 1988 and a long history of aggression going back to 1979. That Vietnam would follow our lead in an hour. (1/2 joking )

Did anyone know that we have preposition war stocks in Vietnam? (Zap fact check please that was from memory)

Security cooperation with Vietnam

Japan would be more diplomatic but they would follow suit .

Not many people have watched but Japan is pretty cozy with Taiwan now . Their Coast Guards have even had exercises. The island disputes they had for 50yrs are now neutral zones by agreement . And they had the balls to use the word Taiwan at some diplomatic levels.

Brookings institute

If Taiwan fell Japan would be in Taiwan’s position with a traditional enemy that’s been raming their ships, abducting their sailors and challenging there air space in the east and south China seas . Hence the 13% increasing military spending .

Hopefully recognition would enpower enough of the nations China has been bulling in south east Asia to follow.

My God look at human history. We’re all a bunch destructive murdering power craving greedy SOBs. (as a whole not individually)

Every hundred years or so a big war breaks out ( Sometimes two) especially when there’s a new emerging power seeking domination .

Somethings coming and if we don’t recognize that fact our kids are going to be the ones bleeding.

Trump needs to look Xi in the eye and make him blink.

Please answer me this question. Why is it that people look at China as aggressors, but turn a blind eye to the fact that the West, mainly America and my own country invaded countries like Iraq and Libya are are responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent men, women and children, and gave rise to a new brutal form of terrorism.

And let's not forget the helping hand we are giving in Yemen. Again, where thousands of people have lost their lives.

Why is that swept under the carpet from a lot of people in those countries?

It's all well and good thinking China wants to take over the world (which is rubbish) but you have to remember, that America has bases pretty much surrounding China, and has done for years.

China are not perfect, far from it, and their givernment has done horrible things that led to the deaths of many people, but so have the American and English government in the last three decades.

Why do people turn a blind eye when it comes to the horrors their own country has done? Mainly this is due to blind patrioism inserted into every person from all countries. This is the problem, and this is the reason governments do terrible things, and pretty much get away with it.

It all ends up with people saying stuff like "well, your government have done worse things than my government" or "My government did that to keep us safe"

Most people are brainwashed and conditioned, and have been from birth pretty much.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ArchangelOger

Oh and at this point with what is going on, I'm in world war 3 mode because it would be justifiable IMO. Hold on to your hat.

So, it would be justifiable with what is going on? Are you actually serious!? So ww3, which will kill millions apon millions of innocent people is justifiable? What is wrong with you!?

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Global blockade against China that would take care of everything .

But if china can be proven to be behind coronavirus and up to no good .

I would ask you to hold my hat and beer because it’s time to get to business .

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Global blockade against China that would take care of everything .

But if china can be proven to be behind coronavirus and up to no good .

I would ask you to hold my hat and beer because it’s time to get to business .

Does that excite you? A war you know you will not be part of personally? You think this is lime a videogame and innocent people being dragged into a conflict are not real people unless you see them with your own eyes?

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

It gives them purpose...

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Yes I’m familiar with that. I don’t think there’s a person on any conspiracy site that hasn’t heard it over and over and over while discussing all aspects .

The UK was there for every bit of it.

Pick up the dog crap in your own yard before you fling it in mine .

The normal reply is US did far more . Well if people are dying and you’re counting them on your fingers to see who the bad guys is. You have no room lecturing me .

Do you want to talk about the Bush wars in Africa ?

About the subjugation of the subcontinent ?

Maybe the borer wars and the concentration camps .

Maybe we can talk about when you guys were running opium to China .

All countries make Grevious mistakes get over it .

Somehow the main point of my OP got past the last three responses .

Appeasement

it’s somewhere in the middle you guys should take a look at it .
edit on 15-4-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Sorry to put it in simplistic terms but the 20th Century proved that Commies will be Commies and they always have dreams of expansion and military conflicts...... Oh, and also killing a crap ton of their own citizens. Mao beat out Hitler and Stalin for the title.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Most countries can be and are held accountable. Good grief Israel are still prosecuting 90yr old German soldiers!
The West whilst often acting as viciously as the East is more transparent and therefore subject to far more scrutiny
At least we English have rules....and of course a Flag

(snuck in an Eddie Izzard reference there )

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Another thing the 20th century will tell you is communism always fails . Cuba a communist and North Korean communist . Lol

That’s why I China changed the game and went with capitalistommunism

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Good post 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸 😈

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   
you and so many others in the west won't notice the truth until it's too late will you? so many are too defenseless and open to attack, just letting the dragon slowly devour us all even with all the warnings, despite all the signs that align with those warnings.

China is far more cunning than any Western nation and ignoring that truth will be our demise. we might be warmongers but better the warmonger than the deceiver, at least you can see what we're doing to you.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Could it be that the US has been ramping up Anti Chinese rhetoric for a while now? Remember that guy Steve Bannon, calling for navy intervention in the South China Sea? If I were a neighboring nation to China and the US started acting aggressive towards them, I'd be on edge too.

Now, don't get me wrong, China has been on this slow creep of barging their way into places and taking it, but should it be dealt with in war? No, it's not the answer.

I don't think Trump and Xi want all out war, it's foolish, if a worst case scenario were to happen, I think it would be a cold war type situation. But it seems like Trump is a little hesitant to get into that scenario as well, especially after how he completely changed tone and focus away from China and onto the WHO right now. Uncertain times for sure.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Unpopular opinion, but it is a historically based opinion... I don't know that we want to prevent WW3 if it's on the near horizon. WW2 brought the USA roaring out of the Great Depression. Prior to Pearl Harbor, the recovery was stagnant and the country wasn't even close to it's position prior to the Great Depression, let alone on a significant growth curve. We eventually will reach a point where the economic damage this manufactured crisis has caused isn't going to have a swift recovery. If WW3 poses the difference between a decade+ of lousy economy, minimal growth, high unemployment, and massive repeated federal outlays and a couple years of similar pain followed by the type of middle class economic boom the nation experienced in the 3 decades following WW2, I'm probably going to line up in favor of that war.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You want to destroy the world again just so America can be number one?

And you wonder why Non American's judge you guys so hard, and air planes are flown into your buildings.

How about, working out a solution without resorting to war?

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
And you wonder why Non American's judge you guys so hard, and air planes are flown into your buildings.

When did I ever wonder about that? I know why we get judged, and have repeatedly said as much. It's why I have also said numerous times on ATS that the US can't afford to remove our boot from the world's throat, EVER. I don't care what the rest of the globe is doing economically speaking, I can about the US gaining every advantage we can and taking the bar as high as we can get it and if that requires climbing a pile of foreign bodies to reach it, then that's what it requires.

I realize it's an unpopular opinion, but it's literally been a constant for me in every thread on the topic that I've posted in my entire tenure here on ATS.

ETA: Sometimes war is not only the best solution, it's the only solution. That fact has been proven through centuries of history.
edit on 15-4-2020 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Ww3 will be bad. Even with contingency plans set up for nuclear strikes. Would not stay conventional very long either. Also a super power with nukes, when losing the war would use their nuclear options on the enemy cities, in addition to the battlefields. Not talking air burst strikes either.

This scenario, we are in currently is full of deception, inept leaders, especially in the United States, it also includes a novel virus, killing allot of people daily, economically it is practically a nuclear bomb, not to mention the effects it is having on and will have on the law, there will be all kinds of lawsuits people suing everything, that’s already starting. I don’t want to think about it any further, the solution thou Because of how complex this problem is it to not just re open the economy.

Things are gonna get worse.. That’s just the truth, no fear mongering needed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join