It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Current coronavirus tally may represent only 6% of total infections

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Current coronavirus tally may represent only 6% of total infections

Or , 600%
They are my numbers , I can do what I want with 'em

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Great thread, S&F. I think my husband and I may both have had this back in December, before anything was being said about any cases in the U.S. Yes, I agree that the numbers are way under estimated. It’s so difficult for anyone to get tested. This is what keeps me awake at night. It’s downright scary.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

It's worrying because I feel like they intentional ignorance is being used to justify things that government ought not legally be able to do, but people are cheering it on because their ignorance is breeding fear.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

What did your doctor diagnose ? 👓

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I've been noticing that the UK (and Europe, in general) appears to have a much more tragic death rate than the US. It's so much higher that I can't help but think the strains circulating there are more deadly. It's roughly up to 14% now (based on todays death and the number of reported confirmed cases). In the US, it's about 4%.

Americans are bound to be baffled about all the extreme actions being taken because our death rate really doesn't seem to justify it.

If there is a deadlier strain in the UK, then it will likely make its way here, too...if it's not already here.

edit on 4/14/2020 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

My humble guess is at least tens of millions are infected...maybe much much more as we know China have 1.4 billion population, and it`s been like 4-5 Months now from the patient zero...in China alone probably hundreds of milions got it ..

The cure is worse than the disease, after peoples lives will be ruined because this economical sabotage, there will be deaths from that.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 05:00 AM
link   
BOMBSHELL! CNN ADMITS the PANDEMIC SCARE is a “MASSIVELY OVERESTIMATED” Lie

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
It’s all well and good if you or your loved ones are not at high risk. The likelihood being that you will get through okay, no effects, no struggling to breath, no drowning in your own thick mucus.

You know what the best, absolute best thing you could do for yourself and your loved ones?

Start taking personal responsibility for your own health and lives. Stop relying on doctors who don't have a clue when it comes to real, genuine health (absence of disease symptoms does not equal true genuine health).

Unfortunately, not everyone is so fortunate, and if I lose one loved one as a result of government negligence, then that would be unforgivable.

What about the tens of thousands (in the US, many more worldwide) who die from the flu each year? Is it negligence that they have never declared an emergency and shut down the economy over them?

Oh - and you are aware that many many 'flu deaths' are recorded as death from the underlying co-morbidity, right? So, counting flu the numbers like we are for this newest scary germ, there are probably 10 to 100 times more deaths from the flu than the numbers you see on the medical mafia websites will show (those are only estimates anyway, that magically appear from whatever numbers they choose to enter into their modeling programs that are designed to show whatever they want).

Guess what? Sick/unhealthy people die all the time. If anyone wants to blame someone, we all need to first look in the mirror.

But hey oh, capitalism is worth saving over and beyond any person right?

Capitalism? This isn't about 'saving capitalism', this is about one thing and one thing only.

LIFE.

One part of life that some people don't like is something called DEATH.

It happens. Sometimes it is tragic, and often seems meaningless.

Get over it.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
I've been noticing that the UK (and Europe, in general) appears to have a much more tragic death rate than the US. It's so much higher that I can't help but think the strains circulating there are more deadly.

Or, their socialized 'health care' systems are simply, completely and totally inadequate to handle a large influx of unhealthy people who have serious complications from the latest virus...

We are being played. Let's surprise the # out of them, and not fall for it.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

It’s all well and good if you or your loved ones are not at high risk. The likelihood being that you will get through okay, no effects, no struggling to breath, no drowning in your own thick mucus.

Unfortunately, not everyone is so fortunate, and if I lose one loved one as a result of government negligence, then that would be unforgivable.

In 2005, my husband died in Florida. He was a high risk immune suppressed individual. Our home was cleaner than a hospital yet...a tiny mold was inhaled into his lungs and he developed pneumonia, needed oxygen tanks, then hospice care. He passed in under 60 days of that tiny mold spore. He definitely would have been a high risk individual today too, except his cause of death would state he was a Covid victim.

I do have a friend of the family who has cystic fibrosis and on the list for dual lung transplant. She was in a coma for nearly all of last year. She is fearful of this virus and taking the necessary precautions since she had already was doing so for all the other viruses, molds, etc that could take her out. She fears this virus, because her transplant has been put on hold and she fears they will not resuscitate her and care for her as they did last year.

My point being that high risk individuals should take precautions, but their high risks already poses a high risk of death even if this virus never came to be. Even if we cure this virus, you still have a higher risk the same tomorrow as you did yesterday. That is the nature of Life and Death. Living in fear and shaming others because they don't have to be as cautious is what is selfish and wrong.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Did not read the thread. Just here to crunch numbers. Also, if anyone doubts the numbers based on manipulation then feel free to scroll by.

The title says the current numbers may only be 6% of total infections. At the moment of posting that is at 588,465, that would be the 6%, so I will work with that number.

588,465 / 6 = 98,077.5 That would be 1%
98,077.5 x 94 = 9,219,285 That would be the other 94%

The number of deaths to date are 23,711. This calculation is going to rise or fall depending on whether the unresolved cases end in recovery or death.

23,711 / 9,219,285 = 0.0025718914210809

That means 0.257%. Seasonal flu is often cited as 0.1%. Right off the bat we see the numbers are 2.5 times those of seasonal flu.

Now here I'm going to use the stats for season flu 2017, which is where the claim that regular flu kills 60K in the US and the 0.1% CRF come from. They are only estimates made by the CDC. Infections 44,802,629, deaths 61,099, so:
61,099 / 44,802,629 = 0.0013637369360624

That is around 0.136%

Here is the kicker. Here we are calculating confirmed cases for CV with an estimate for infection. If we do the same for the 2017 flu we get:
6,515 / 44,802,629 = 0.0001454155737155514

That would be 0.0145% Compared to the 0.257% we get something that looks 17 times deadlier than the seasonal flu.

Of course these are just numbers and they don't take into account many variables which might shift things in one direction or the other but neither does the inclusion of an estimate for total infections.

ETA: Sorry, that last bit sounds like fear mongering. It is just worst case scenario and it would be something policy makers would be taking into account when drawing up the measures they believe should be put in place. Seems to me they have dropped the public announcements down to the 2.5 times worst than the flu estimates to keep people from freaking out because that is what some seem to be doing.

edit on 14-4-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

What about all of us that lost loved ones from the opioid epidemic? Why didn’t the whole world shut down to help those people or the many lost loved ones from cancer. Shutting down the world for any crisis is just dumb and if you lose a loved ones due to one then it’s unfortunate but also life.

Well, if we're okay with people suffering and dying, then what's the big deal about shutting down the economy? How many of your loved ones would you be willing to sacrifice so that I can stay employed?

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Considering how many people would die during a depression, yep... Capitalism is worth saving over and beyond any person.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
A bang up job of destroying the middle class would be stagnant wages since the 80’s and skyrocketing CEO salaries that began to trend at the same time.

Y’all never really wanna look whose standing above you, every damn day, do ya?

I think most people find it easier to blame a pandemic. When things go back to normal, y’all might blame people on food stamps or cash-aid, when it’s really a drop in the bucket to what the rich get away with.

The rich stay rich for a reason. They pay into the system and it’s set-up that way.

Makes no sense to warn my clients to not wear jewelry to a bankruptcy hearing because the Judge might request it be turned over, but the guy with the three homes and two benz’s has no such fears. Just gotta pay $700 a month for a few years and we’ll ignore the millions of dollars you owe and consider us square.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
If they are at so much risk, would it not be in their best interest to be proactive and keep themselves secluded and apart from other people anyway? Do they not worry about the flu? I mean, come on now.

I'm one of those "at risk" people; 73yo, end-stage Heart Failure...I have the implant for proof.

I don't worry about the seasonal Flu because; I get the shot every year, and, just as important, I don't go out much any more. That's partly by choice, and because, I'm a semi-retired software engineer...I don't need to go anywhere to work.

The only difference the current situation is causing is for me to carry a face mask, in case I feed I need it. Fortunately I live in a rural county, and city, so the probability is significantly reduced for exposure.

Others, like me, should observe similar 'rules of engagment'...it will help keep us healthy.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Do you and yours cower in your homes daily? Risks are everywhere, man. You ever seen how many people die in car accidents? What about slip and falls getting out of a shower or bath
be careful out there!

No, not under normal circumstances, but to be honest it’s none of your God damn business.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: rounda

Considering how many people would die during a depression, yep... Capitalism is worth saving over and beyond any person.

Okay, you have converted me.....not.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

I pay for health insurance through my taxes and National Insurance Contributions. My God, you sound like a Tory bot and I have had the displeasure of engaging with enough of them in the last month.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Do you and yours cower in your homes daily? Risks are everywhere, man. You ever seen how many people die in car accidents? What about slip and falls getting out of a shower or bath
be careful out there!

No, not under normal circumstances, but to be honest it’s none of your God damn business.

How I exercise my Rights and freedoms is none of your goddamned business either, bud. You sound to me like someone who's more than a touch paranoid over boogeymen... that's not a valid reason to demand the whole world screech to a halt to pander to your personal shortcomings and weaknesses. Just sayin'. Live and let live, ya?

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You are entitled to your opinion, but if you had checked on my previous posts here, then you would more than likely understand your opinion of me is incorrect.

Am I afraid of this little virus personally? No. Am I afraid for my family old and young alike, yes.

Do I trust my Government has done enough? No.

Do I believe my Government, the architects of austerity would start bailing out people if there truly was nothing to fear? No.

Keep safe, bud.

edit on 16/4/20 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join