It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the end of a cash society?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
In CO USA here the shops are still taking cash. It's a legal obligation.
I stopped using it last week though out of personal choice due to yes possible contagion. However I did withdrawal a few hundred in emergency cash when this all started up a month or so ago.

a reply to: zerozero00

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
To answer your threads question, no this is not the end, but it will lead to less people using it for sure. At least on a temporary basis.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I am glad that i live in Germany. If they come to take our cash money it will be that last thing they tried to take. The people here love their cahs money, for very good reasons. Only generation spyPhone (nithing to hide anyways) and lazy people with maybe problems with mental arithmetic. It´s evenb faster to pay with cash then with a card. And why did nobody ever come to the idea to try and forbid cash money when other pandemics, epidemics happened? Does anyybody remember that cash money was a problem when there was the swine-, the bird-flu, ebola etc?

I mean, if you don´t lick at your money, don´t put it in your mouth, nothing will happen. It was never confirmed that cash money killed millions of people because of spreading a virus. Most people simply don´t want to see what in reality is happening, how powerful people turn the society as we knew it into a denunciators society. How they transform the former more or less free western states into complete surveillance and police states. How they destroy the middle class businesses and prepare bite-sized pieces for the ultra-rich vultures and hyenas, for example Blackrock and Co, which already reveal their bared teeth, ready to maul and devour the dead bodies of the former middle class businesses.

A few multinational acting mega corporation will swallow everything they can get in their greedy mouths while people will be forced to live under the control and under the rules of these corporations. The mass media and the politicians, parties, polticial systems are already under their control and do and say what they want, key word lobbyists. You can see that in Germany because the big and multibillion bucks heavy ones have no problems now to get "help" from the state with tax-money, they get more tax-money now than they ever dreamed of. To "survive". Whith way less problems than the ordinary people, which have to beg for a credit(!!!) for their small and middle class businesses with up to 7% interest rates. Not to help the people but it´s a gift, a good deal for the banks involved.

People like Gates get the best air time on german propaganda television news, to spread his vaccine BS. Like some "world leaders" propgagated a vaccine for everybody short before, like Merkel and Trudeau, for example. These coincidences... In Germany the state owned institute RKI is the almost only source for all corona numbers. Together with numbers delivered by that John Hopkins Institute, which is tied to the Belinda and Bill Gates Foundation (Event201). People are forced to obey and to imprison themselves in their spare time, otherwise they have to pay a lot of money or even go to jail if they don´t do what the "saviors from corona" tell us to do. Even if it doesn´t make any sense and is even more dangerous and destructive than the corona virus and the possible Covid-19 desease itself. They still use that virus to hide their tranformation of whole parts of the world for a more, for them, profitable system with working slaves under full surveillance and control, like in China. That´s what every greed and rober baron capitalist wet dreams are made of.

But people still see only that "killer-virus", that kills almost only very old people and people with pre-existing illnesses. It is known that heavy fine dust pollution and weak (neo"liberal") health care systems are accelerants for corona/Covid-19. That´s why Germany, seems that our neo"liberal" health care system isn´t as worse as others yet, has way less problems with the situation than others have. Look at robber baron capitalist USA when thinking of a weak or better non-existing health care system for the not rich people. Look at Italy and China for fine dust problems and because of that pre-existing illnesses. Now they tell us they try to come back to a normal situation. We only have to wear masks and use surveillance apps, then everything will be fine again. Did they forget that the first said masks are useless, because they knew we had no masks or protective gear, not even for system relevat hospitals etc. Since they are paying every price now to buy them from all around the world, they suddenly tell us wearing masks would help and not wearing them would kill us. Question is, that virus is spreading since october last year, why didn´t we all get infected with corona and didn´t die from Covid-19 till now? Because nobody used masks, the numbers are shrinking without any masks. Numbers are shrinking despite that millions of people have still to work like before Corona/Covid19, without any security gear or measures. It seems again to be similiar to the flu season, flu season ends, corona numbers are shrinking.

I guess i would have to write a book full of reasons why people shouldn´t act like rabbits caught in the headlights now, blinded by only the MSMs and lobbyist controlled politicians virus panic propaganda, missing what else is happening around them right now and who seem to be the usual, profiting suspects again. Little hint: Not the people without millions and billions in their not existing money bins!

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

How many more things are going to get rolled out...... 'For our own good?

Geo fencing your phone to make sure you're a good citizen and listening to stay at home orders.

They just needed to see how submissive society would be to good old government. I'd like to think they're surprised by the results... But given how willing people were to everything leading up to this, they might have been pretty confident there would be no pushback as long as they bribed people with a measly 1,200 loan.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I have believed that since this debacle began.

Economies are being destroyed intentionally. Someone said that the lockdowns were equivalent to economic suicide. I responded that there are not, rather they are the equivalent of economic PREMEDITATED MURDER.

One by one as commerce is strangled for your good and to defeat the virus we'll see economies crash and currencies inflate. Once it's all been destroyed, we'll be offered salvation through a digital and probably block-chain type currency. You will be offered the opportunity to exchange for worthless dollars, pesos, reales, sterling pound, etc. for the new and improved.

When you have a dollar that won't but a slice of bread and someone offers to exchange it for a digital credit that will buy a whole loaf, what do you do?
:
edit on 2020 4 13 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
I am glad that i live in Germany. If they come to take our cash money it will be that last thing they tried to take. ...

Once they crash your economy and devalue your marks, you don't want you precious cash.

I'm sure you're too young to remember the catastrophic inflation is the Weimar Republic, but do a little research if you're not familiar, then extrapolate that to a global scale.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: zerozero00
a reply to: Snarl
Hmmm...are you insinuating this Coronavirus is a bio weapon?

Golly gee willikers, Captain Obvious, do ya think?!

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Get on twitter and ask trump about that he's the potus after all.
See what he has to say.

No point .......He ain't my Potus.

I assumed by this statement.

How many more things are going to get rolled out...... 'For our own good?

That you were.
Funny how so many governments are doing the same roll outs isn't it.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: zerozero00
a reply to: chiefsmom
Illegal?
a shop can do what it likes, open or close, cash or no cash, there's a new hipster cult in the UK where micro breweries serve out of huge casks but are 100% cash free...people are happy with it and I can see this being mandatory after the lockdown, sadly

Cash is legal tender, shops cannot legally refuse it....yet at this point anyway, that may change though.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   

i have not been to the store in a while. i hear that in my state of Oregon, there are shops that will not accept cash due to the risk of CV19 infection.
i still prefer to use cash. but that's just me.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Cashless wont be coming any time soon .
When Michel hit panama city Florida I was there every power pole withing 75 MILES goin Every computer down and out .
The next Day Sams club opened so people could by food BUT it was ONLY people who had Cash that could buy things .
The next Two MONTHS no ATMS NO banks Not withing 200 Miles EBT down every thing running off Computer systems DOWN . Heck we did not even have water for over two weeks !
Lucky panama city is a VERY VERY rural area BUT new Orleans Is NOT Huston Texas IS not .
Miami Tampa Orlando ARE all Big city's And every last one have been HIT over and Over by hurricanes .
Th e west coast LA well we all Know earthquakes hit and the entire city can be without power for weeks .
The north east POWER grid the MOST important part of the US grid again In my own life time that grid went down Luckily it was fixed in 3 days .
Winter is a world of white wonder when areas of the country can Be under snow for months .
Government may want no cash You may want no cash But NO way is the world ready for No cash when the very next day a Hurricane Tornado earthquake snow storm WILL HIT -- NOT may BUT WILL hit .
Yea maybe your lucky and live in a area that has no natural events But Most of the world is not so lucky and power and water and COMPUTERS are Still very very Unreliable In Large area Of the Planet .

So you can Stop worrying about Governments implanting Chips that need a Working computer to be scaned when power goes out you will see just how long that idea last .

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot
I like this idea but it doesn't suit the agenda of a cashless society

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

My point is, if your government tell you they need to stop cash transaction because it helps the spread of the virus then that's what will happen

We have no choice, I like my cash thanks but I see it being taken away, for their benefit not mine

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

When you are told to lockdown, you lockdown

When they tell you cash us spreading the virus and we must stop using it, then we stop using it

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Yeah, I can't do sarcasm very well

I actually believe the virus and 5G have been rolled out together to implement complete control over the population, anything, literally anything cold be implemented for our own good, or the good of mankind, I've heard of rfid chips, mobile phone apps, cashless society all run via 5G, they couldn't come out with this sh&@ without a reason or platform

Reason = Virus
Platform = 5G
Goal = Orwellian control over everyone

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Uh?

No that is not illegal in the UK, cash only, card only are a choice for the shop owner and not the governments decision

Anyway

If your government tell you cash is helping the spread of the virus so we must stop using cash, then that is what happens

My experience, if you'd read above, is that shops are choosing not to take cash, their own choice at the moment because of the virus and we have no choice but to shop elsewhere or pay by card.... Just maybe is a precursor to a cashless society, other things are coming too for sure

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

Yup, me too

I'm sure most people would like to keep cash, unless your a banker, FBI CIA MI5 or Mossad... You don't leave a trail with cash, cashless gives out soooo much information about ones life and 5G can handle all of us all the time

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   

My experience, if you'd read above, is that shops are choosing not to take cash, their own choice at the moment because of the virus and we have no choice but to shop elsewhere or pay by card

And all those shops don't care if millions of people touch their plastic keyboard. Given covid-19 survives longer on plastic than paper, its last thing I want to touch.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

“ no more secret buying off your mates“

Email transfers...... People even pay their babysitters this way.

Canada still has cash, but it’s mostly just used in vending machines, and for little things under $5. They’ve boosted Canada’s tap on the the machines to over $200 because of this virus.
We’ve been using this way for well over a decade now, so it’s barely noticeable that there’s less cash transactions

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join