It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food shortages becoming more apparent.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 12:56 AM
link   
In North Carolina, all we do is grow stuff.

Shortages of some goods? Oh hell yes, bread is scarce. Certain meat products, especially chicken. Plenty of pork products and beef (too many farms around these farms).

Some canned goods are gone too.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Eggs and potato chips short at the store here. Only ONE fresh pineapple....oh the humanity!

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 01:23 AM
link   
We pull mostly food at the company I drive for. We took a bit of a hit this weekend, because places that don't normally close on the weekends did for Easter, but beyond that we're not seeing much of a slow down as a company. Certain markets are, but overall we're not seeing significant shortages.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 01:32 AM
link   
If it gets real bad I can send some vegemite to you guys.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Just got to Laredo, which does cross border loads. We see anything from produce to chocolate coming north, and everything you can think of going south. We have a small terminal and two satellite yards, all three of which hold trailers going both directions. All of them are almost 100% full. There are a handful of spots to park trailers, but not many. One of the yards has trailers parked where I've never seen them park before.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
We don't have a food shortage. Farmers are throwing food away from several reports. Go buy some dry beans, canned goods, rice and frozen vegetables. If it gets really bad dig up some worms, grab a rod and head to the local river or start trapping or shooting squirrels. Getting tired of this defeatism mentality. Nobody is starving to death in the US. In many regards the obesity problem in the US is a bigger problem than the virus. The virus also targets fat bodies.

People's issues are much more diverse than a post like this makes them seem. Yes. Many people are overweight at a basic level but the American way of life is also to work yourself to death so most people have no time to do anything but work all week long, such that they're exhausted by the weekend and don't want to do anything but rest and recreation.

The typical work day (while exhausting) tends to not be very exercise oriented so people are inclined to eat convenient food that tastes good. Hey! Imagine that! People who live in slavery might just turn to junk food as a coping mechanism for their misery).

Yeah. People should live in abject misery and eat like rabbits to preserve their walking corpses long enough to squeeze a few more years of pure profit and labor out of them.

The American ruling class is squealing and writhing in pain because for the first time in the lives of the people who own and run it, they get the feeling that it might end soon.

But let's go back to blaming the plebs for being fat pigs and latching onto any form of comfort and pleasure they can get their paws on.

Right on the money with this one.
I also find it quite hilarious that this poster really thinks nobody starves to death in the u.s.... it must be nice to have your head that far up your butt and checked out of reality. I had a family member who lived on the street for a couple years when I was a teen. Believe me there's plenty of starving people in this country and to claim othwrwise is downright mentally challenged.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Greece and Spain just had a big ice and snow storm crops are probably lost and much of the vineyards which had already started to bloom. Supposedly the cold front in mid America is forecast to stay around until April 28 with below average temperatures. All according to this video/maps included: youtu.be...

skip to the 1.35 min mark and miss the advertisements

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
What do you do to keep varmints away, like crows for instance, my yard is constantly aerated due to crows, and skunks.. Gunfire is not allowed.

"I taught I taw a puddy cat a cweeping up on me....I did I did I taw one, as pwain as pwain could be..."

Feline friends are great for many things.

Sanity in particular.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oppositeoftruth
a reply to: MissSmartypants

I understand that, restaurants are down, so they're not buying produce. But, the food is there. And being as the food exists, someone will find a way to get it to market, that's the capitalist way. And once this covid fear process is over, I really think the economy is going to bounce back rather quickly. People still want to work and raise capital. We have to remember, we know what has caused this effect, and we know how to solve it. Once solved I do believe the flood gates will be opened.

Smh , this post shows your vivid imagination that food ' exists' and its ' there: .

Sorry , but that is NOT how things work .

All so, you don't 'solve' a pandemic . You ' mitigate ' it s effects .
Something that markets do nothing to address ,

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Michigan farmers are dumping 1,000's of gallons of milk...can't get to market...growers migrant workers...are stopped at the Southern border...a lot of Mich agriculture won't be harvested.

Watch prices of tomatoes, potatoes, corn, apples, cherries, peppers etc here

Mich gets produce from Cal, or Windsor...and they are screwed too
edit on 13-4-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Florida I heard currently...I'm sure it is due to year round farming in many southern areas. Here in my state we also alternate winter and summer crops.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I am from Florida and let me say one thing Tomatoes were planted about the middle - end of march in most ares ( we do need to plant as early as possible as the heat kills them by July .
BUT at this point NO one is yet even PICKING tomatoes PS this pertains to SOUTH Florida byw . North Florida they just planted in the last two weeks or the very last week of march be a wile before they are ready to Pick .
MYTH is Florida dont get cold EVEN in south Florida it gets down to the LOW 40 f and even freezes once in a wile
as for north Florida WE get SNOW from time to time oo about once every ten years no large amounts the last Big snow was 3 inches and lasted a week .
Florida IS Subtropical .
As for the gators they get along just fine wile we do get cold it never last for more then a few days and ONLY once did it ever stay freezing during the day time . But freezes over night kill tomatoes if you plant to early and get a late freeze .

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
PS yes Florida does have winter crops tomatoes are not normally one of them Ps it is also possible in the MOST southern parts you can grow tomatoes all year long MOST southern parts Mind you . Collard greens area poplar winter crop they can handle the cold .
if you go down farther south then Tampa or Orlando then it possible to grow tomatoes BUT that area is decated to Oranges lol

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
It's like more and more people are getting fed up being in lockdown so they have to lob more info bombs to try to control our behavior.

I believe there is a deadly virus but it's becoming very apparent that the situation is being used to profiteer on the one hand and steer on the other.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

If you are just starting your food storage now, you are doomed to fail until probably next season.

Now, let's think about a couple things.
Who is buying the gigantic bags of rice in the US? Mainly First gen immigrants and foreign nationals here illegally. Same goes for bags of beans. Those items are staples in the 2nd and 3rd world countries.

Flour and yeast is still out there, but they will dry up for a bit.

Learn to can. Buy frozen veggies. The food sealer systems are great too.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

What do you do to keep varmints away, like crows for instance, my yard is constantly aerated due to crows, and skunks.. Gunfire is not allowed.

"I taught I taw a puddy cat a cweeping up on me....I did I did I taw one, as pwain as pwain could be..."

Sanity in particular.

But not crows. Crows gang up on cats. Crows are bullies.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

Just thinking when was the last time Iceland got buried in snow in the middle of April. Plus Europe getting hammered with snow and frost.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Just thinking when was the last time Iceland got buried in snow in the middle of April

Fairly often, I think. It's called weather.

Unfortunately, I have to be the bearer of bad news. April is considered a transitional month as far as Icelandic weather is concerned. You haven’t quite escaped chilly snowfall as April is still a part of the snowy season in Iceland. Basically, this means that you could have a cold, sunny day that is suddenly transformed into a whiteout snowstorm. The best advice I can give for Iceland’s famously capricious weather is to always expect the unexpected. That way, you will never be surprised.

www.iceland24blog.com...

Iceland saw its first May snowfall for almost a decade over the weekend, with more than 16 centimetres falling on the capital Reykjavik, meteorologists said Sunday.
phys.org...

edit on 4/13/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Sanity in particular.

For sure, I agree! My feline buddy is about 15, a bit crippled now, his varmint chasin days are over. Going to be real hard when he goes., best natured cat ever.
edit on 13-4-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Sanity in particular.

But not crows. Crows gang up on cats. Crows are bullies.

And they have good memories! I'm on good terms with them now
they do mess up the grass though..the lawn will fill in soon enough.

That is mostly what my problem would be..crows. I guess i can just frame it up and poly it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join