It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the big Dominoes falling USPS Meat Production Prescriptions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
All while we were getting quietly settled into our Easter weekend I noticed some interesting news.

Meat plants all over the country closing due to sick workers. Many indefinitely
www.cnn.com...
Guess who owns Smithfield.... CHINA. That's right folks, the biggest meat plant in the country is owned by China.
How did we let this happen?

USPS on the verge of collapse. I saw this coming years ago. They are begging for a bailout. I am 100% in support
of what Trump is saying about this.

You know what happens if the USPS goes under... a major disruption in prescription drug deliveries.
Think you can just pick them up at the pharmacy? They have already started limiting people in stores and it's getting worse.
Some insurance companies won't even allow that.

What will be next??

edit on 12-4-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Representative Thomas Massie Interview On Coming Food Shortages

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Why worry? People want this.

Meat is icky. The USPS is antiquated and needs to done away with. Saying this is China's fault is racist. What we need to do is sell more of our business and resources to China so that they can recover as quickly as possible.

In fact our next president should be a hardcore communist Chinese nationalist. That way we can continue to get cheap products and we won't have to worry about automation taking over because we'll be working twenty hours a day every day of the year.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   

You know what happens if the USPS goes under... a major disruption in prescription drug deliveries.
Think you can just pick them up at the pharmacy? They have already started limiting people in stores and it's getting worse.

FedEx, UPS, DHL....

All companies that do a better job than the US postal service does.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

FedEx, UPS, DHL....

All companies that do a better job than the US postal service does.

I wholeheartedly agree all those companies are better, but how fast do you think ALL the companies using USPS could transition over? Do all the companies above have the bandwidth right now to take it over?

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Ive said it before, and Ill say it again:

Most people would be shocked at the level of investment the CCP has made in the west and how much they can drive social influence.

Sports, general industries, hollywood, video games, tech companies, colleges, social media platforms, land.. ..politicians, etc.

Instead of just money, I think that decentralized solutions like aquaponics systems could cut a lot of this off at the pass. But, that would also mean less corporate control and would disrupt industries & economies (...).

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

How many companies don't use those other services?

Most of them only use snail mail USPS if you don't want to pay for the faster services. For most things, you use USPS if you simply want it, but if you want it in a timely manner, you pay for it and the other services are used -- FedEx or UPS or similar.

edit on 12-4-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I guess to put it shortly: We have plenty of our own food, and we have the means to move it around and even process it. It will take time to adjust those means from the former supply chain to the newer more internalized one.

Remember, the US is a net exporter of food stuff.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Well, this all could be an interesting avenue of "attack" if that china fleet movement ends up doing anything nasty.

We'd be much better off sanctioning china due to any military action, by way of seizing necessary productions(like food) and auctioning off the ownership to private US industries.

They never should have been allowed such heavy investment(unchecked) here.

IIRC china does not allow that at all, you have to "partner" with a local(usually gov backed) business in china(forcing IP theft).

We have a lot of ways to hurt them way more than they have against us at this point.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

China has likely been very good business for people in power here since Nixon opened trade status with them.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Id say my concern there would be.. How much controlling influence do foreign powers have over those industries?

Sounds more than a little paranoid, I know, but having looked into it over the years for various things.. The publicly available information alone is cause for at least some level of concern.

Im not dismissing it outright, though obviously I have a bias when it comes to my own ideas, I just think we need to take a hard look at these things before we put all of our "weight" in one direction.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

China has likely been very good business for people in power here since Nixon opened trade status with them.

The real problem really has been when so many were willing to give up national pride, morals and some degree of integrity to make money(they would have made plenty anyway, just not as much) by selling anyone and everyone down the river.

Nothing wrong with international business, but globalism isn't going to equalize any nations(not for the better).

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Guess who owns Smithfield.... CHINA. That's right folks, the biggest meat plant in the country is owned by China.

Do you think American owned meat packing plants would be more resistant to COVID19 than those owned by China?

Is that what you're getting at?
edit on 4/12/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   
USPS isn't going anywhere, they just need money which they'll receive I'm sure.

As for one Smithfield plant supplying 5% of the pork to the country in South Dakota, accounting for half of the state's virus cases..

There's still 95% of the rest of the pork industry. As some close, others will increase slaughtering and packaging until we're out of this mess in a couple of months. If they don't, we'll live. Meat isn't going to run out.

I read some of their non-political articles but this is CNN doom pr0n which they pump out, much like Fox's shock factor articles about random black people or white trailor park residents killing their kids somewhere with mug shots after apprehension.

UPS is the best with Fedex a close second place. UPS could easily handle the extra load and already does during the Christmas Holiday when the USPS grinds to a snails crawl. With that said, the United States Government will never let the USPS go bankrupt.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Do you think American owned meat packing plants would be more resistant to COVID19 than those owned by China?

Covid knows no nationality, or ownership, however I would feel 1000% safer with Americans controlled and owned food.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: Phage

Covid knows no nationality, or ownership, however I would feel 1000% safer with Americans controlled and owned food.

Fun little thought experiment.

Is it not necessarily American controlled vs foreign, is there some degree of intent involved.

Would you feel better if the international control of our food stocks was British, Australian or Canadian owned?

Or Chinese?

Foreign interest is one thing, but foreign interest by hostile actors???

Either way I'm not worried, I've been eating dirt since I was 5(my parents seem to have an oddly large amount of pictures proving so).
edit on 12-4-2020 by ZapBrannigan3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

You would feel 10 times safer that safe? That's awesome.

While I understand and agree with concerns about overseas production lines. I don't see how your example applies. If the plant (which has been selling pork in the US) shuts down, what difference does it make who owns it? They are American citizens working in the plant, right?

Are American companies immune from shutdowns? That doesn't seem to be the case.

edit on 4/12/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   

No I would not feel one bit better with any country but the US controlling our food.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

No I would not feel one bit better with any country but the US controlling our food.

I agree, but my point was to be nuanced.

If we had international interests in our food production. I'd rather it would be with someplace like canada, rather than china. Anyone should agree, not just because of physical location but a closer alignment of values.

That was the only point I was trying to illustrate.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   

The majority of people who work in meat processing facilities are uneducated people, illegal immigrants, and deadbeats.

Doesn't matter who owns it.

These types of employees are the same types of people who when going to the bathroom take off their disposable gloves, put them into their pockets, use the bathroom, don't wash their hands, maybe use hand sanitizer, pull their gloves out of their pockets, and put them back on.

These are the same types of people who don't wipe their ass, because it's dirty. They take gatorade bottles with holes punched into them and squirt their assholes with it. They # all over the toilets and get it all over the floors.

They cough and sneeze directly into the air, because they don't want to get their lab coats dirty.

So, honestly ever since working in a series of meat processing facilities the only meat I'll ever eat now is meat that as been taken off a fresh kill and done up by someone I trust.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join