It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen in remote Amazonian tribe tests positive

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Yeah explain it when we can't get tested here in the states.
Please...

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   

He lives close to an ICU.
Not too far from civilization apparently.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

With convenient intensive care units.

How did the indigenous remote native get to a hospital?
How do they even know what a hospital is?
Some stories are just hard to swallow.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: OuttaHere
I refer you back to my ignored and overlooked thread from 2008. Of course the original source article is gone now.

RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil — The Brazilian government will begin using a plane equipped with body-heat sensors to locate — and protect — uncontacted Indian tribes in the Amazon, officials said Tuesday.... "It will be an excellent new tool that will enable us to help them," Vaz told The Associated Press.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That was before Bolsonaro.

President Bolsonaro 'declares war' on Brazil's indigenous peoples: www.survivalinternational.org...

The uncontacted tribes of Brazil face genocide under Jair Bolsonaro: www.theguardian.com...

Brazil's indigenous people: 'We fight for the right to exist': www.bbc.com...

edit on 10-4-2020 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Or since they have been able to shut down the planet in response to a virus with a 98% recovery rate, and where 50% of the population could have had it and recovered from it without even having symptoms, then they are convinced we are gullible enough to believe that it was necessary to go off into the remote jungle to test the natives there.

Making sure that if they didn't have it before they arrived, they would have it before they left.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Can I call BS or am I too late.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I'll raise more than an eyebrow if we receive CONFIRMED evidence that the Sentinelese tribe is being decimated, specifically by Covid-19.

They inhabit a remote island amongst a chain of such islands in the Indian Ocean.

Interesting read here:
en.m.wikipedia.org...

The tribe has had contact over the years, but nothing too significant and they are NOT very open to being visited.

"Open" meaning there's a 95% or so chance they WILL kill you.

They are a protected tribe and even the Indian navy continuosly patrols the area around the island to prevent unauthorized expeditions, poachers, thrill seekers, or "expert" tour guides.

No one is to go within 3 miles of their shores.

Would it be possible for them to contract the virus?

I wouldn't want to be on that expedition to confirm it, that's for sure.

YIKES!😬

But I'm GLAD they are for the most part left alone, they sure as hell want it that way, and respecting that is the RIGHT thing to do.💯

edit on 4/10/2020 by EternalShadow because: correction, eta

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   

it's NOT . FAKE NEWS........

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
That 15 years old teen die.

Teen die

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   
bill gates is having wet dreams over this

youtu.be...
edit on 10/4/20 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 01:07 AM
link   
My Google feed and the MSM is wall to wall with propaganda, crappy articles with only half the story or just plain BS..

It seems to me that the longer this lockdown goes on, the weirder the news gets. The scarier it gets. The more overwhelming it gets.

It's almost like they know people have questions and doubts and they are trying to convince us...
/sarcasm.

Of fricking course they are.

edit on 4/11/2020 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 01:24 AM
link   

They're so damned remote and yet they get a covid test? Nonsense. I don't believe the story.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

source

appologies its a PDF - but its the best ptimer i can find

quote :

Since the 1990s, there has been a significant increase in the number of
studies on the health profile of indigenous populations in Brazil, often showing
that they are worse off than the non-indigenous (see reviews in Coimbra et al.
2013). Most of the investigations carried out so far have focused on topics related
to nutrition and infectious diseases. This is the first investigation that, based on
national census data, presents findings on mortality levels for children and adults
comparing indigenous to non-indigenous segments in Brazil. The results point to
striking differences, showing much higher mortality rates for the indigenous
population in all age groups considered.

thats the conclusion paragraph from the study

so yes - accademics point to higher indiginous mortality rates

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
There we go: global climate activists had a meeting in the heart of the Amazon on 15 November 2019, which included representatives of the Yanomani and several other tribes.

The aim was to take the Amazon from the periphery to the global center of the "climate struggle".
Well, I guess they took their germs all the way up the Amazon in canoes, to people with no natural immunity to most of their diseases.

Seems like a very likely scenario. Of course it's just a theory, but it certainly adds up. Especially considering that most global virus clusters were preceded by mass virtue signalling neo-Marxist/feminist/hug a Chinese person events with a focus on global diversity to show those "evil Nazis" just how safe open borders were. And those activists went all over the world in a short time. But we can't expect the leftist press to report its own scandals and irresponsible (in this case genocidal) behavior. No sir.

And not much later Amazonian peoples were also paraded around at the climate conference in Madrid (I hope they didn't catch it from Greta, seeing that the wee lass has subsequently been in self-isolation for suspected Covid-19).

Yip, from the woke "no borders" elites and their mass public virtue signalling events to the heart of the Amazon.

www.theguardian.com...

Indigenous leaders at the COP25 in Madrid, 11 December, 2019 (and those were just the leaders, there were entire troupes form the Amazon).

Mass inter-tribal gathering in the Amazon along with activists and the press.
And some leaders, and one presumes their entourages, were planning to go to London afterwards! Well these people were flown from event to event - wouldn't surprise me if eventually they infected some Europeans in a around-about way. In this case, even if Columbus didn't come to the Indians, the Indians naively came to Columbus.

Kudos to those tribal groups who still avoid all contact with outsiders, including their contacted neighbors (I bet you the Sentinelese islanders don't have a single case of Covid-19). May we learn from you, and soon it may be all that is left. And to think, it might not have been big oil or logging or whatever (which some of the tribes - as Sting found out to his shock while trying to "save" the Kayapo in the 1980's - are involved in themselves) that signs the death warrant for thousands, but a bunch of misguided, smug do-gooders who learnt nothing from history and the vulnerability of previously isolated peoples. To the rest, both tribal and outsiders - Stay the heck home indeed! Hoping that message didn't come too late.
edit on 11-4-2020 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   
How did this remote tribe get him to a hospital when people are taking areal pictures just to see these guys?

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
Can anyone explain this how could this be possible ?

A 15-year-old male from a remote indigenous tribe in the Amazon rainforest has tested positive for the coronavirus, Brazilian health officials said.

As of Friday, the teen from the Yanomami tribe remains in the ICU at a hospital in Roraima state, Insider.com reported, citing the O Globo newspaper.

Health Minister Luiz Henrique Mandetta was quoted saying that the case is “worrying” considering the tribe’s isolation from the outside world.

The teen reported having shortness of breath and fever, among other symptoms.

The Yanomami tribe, which inhabits the Venezuela-Brazil border region, is estimated to have around 22,000 members on the Brazilian side. They have been photographed in recent years from the air.

The tribe has vast botanical knowledge and uses about 500 plants for food, medicine and building houses. Tribespeople provide for themselves by hunting, gathering and fishing, as well as cultivating crops such as manioc (cassava or yuca) and bananas, which are grown in large gardens cleared from the forest.

Brazil currently has 18,397 confirmed coronavirus cases, with 974 deaths, according to statistics from Johns Hopkins University.

Source

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Wow, that's crazy.

Next it will be found on the international space station.

Lol that's what I said the other day to Friend, I was like just watch and see those Astronauts that just got back are gonna have Covid-19.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   

He has reportedly died: Link

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Scroll up. Already posted.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: whiteblack

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Scroll up. Already posted.

Ah...I even checked but I missed it.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Exactly. It's not like they track every movement of all 22k tribesman. All it takes is one person meeting with a "city"folk. Or some dumb ass wanting to check up on the tribe and being contagious themselves.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join