It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.S. CIA has put a webpage for reading all their declassified records

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I was quite shocked not to find this on ATS already, that said, if it has been posted prior to this by all means Staffers, remove this and link to the existing thread!

THis is a pretty amazing thing assuming it's genuine, not redacted heavily, and not going to get all of us who gaze at it on a list, oh wait, they've already got us on a list.

Credit to my Pop Star Buddy (I'll let you all figure out who that is, clue - If you're British you know who he is) for emailing me the link!

ENJOY!

www.cia.gov...

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
I was quite shocked not to find this on ATS already, that said, if it has been posted prior to this by all means Staffers, remove this and link to the existing thread!

THis is a pretty amazing thing assuming it's genuine, not redacted heavily, and not going to get all of us who gaze at it on a list, oh wait, they've already got us on a list.

Credit to my Pop Star Buddy (I'll let you all figure out who that is, clue - If you're British you know who he is) for emailing me the link!

ENJOY!

www.cia.gov...

The website addresses look legit, but all the pages I seem to click on(about, careers) read like typical civilian written nonsense.

I'll certainly spend some more time reading it, it just looks too......forward....in many regards.

Odd, given the obvious cia.gov webspace. Spooks aren't that stupid.

ETA: I'm ashamed to admit I just clicked and read the body of text and didn't see the OP's name. I stand by my assumption, but considering the source I'm really really stumped. I'd think Springer would have flushed out my immediate criticisms. Maybe someone is asleep at the wheel on this. If so, archive, download all you can. This # might be gone within 24 hours when the adults come back on shift.
edit on 10-4-2020 by ZapBrannigan3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

I don't have time to dig through it right now, I do know the HP URL is legit though.

Please check it out, I'll come back tomorrow to see what you've found.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 01:42 AM
link   

I don't have time to dig through it right now, I do know the HP URL is legit though.

Please check it out, I'll come back tomorrow to see what you've found.

Thanks.

I agree, URL is legit.

See my edit, that's all I have to contribute right now. I'm off to bed. I truly hope that we can rely on those in other zones(brits, get on it) to go nuts archiving and saving all they can.

This might be an oopsie that could pay dividends in the end.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Hilarious, they ask "fact or fiction"? They should know seeing as the covertly investigated for decades

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
Hilarious, they ask "fact or fiction"? They should know seeing as the covertly investigated for decades

It "looks" odd, but the URL's are legit, so what's the deal.

Did they get hacked, is this a joke, what's the deal.

Like I said, to me, url's are legit, but a lot of whats there reads a bit "pedestrian".

I'm looking forward to how this pans out, either it's real or a hell of a joke(spoofing the .gov site and all).
edit on 10-4-2020 by ZapBrannigan3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I see the post date is april 1'st......

I guess the boys in the office are just having a good laugh, albeit maybe a week or so late??

That would line up with typical government timelines. Always being a week late and a few billion dollars short(of taxpayer money)....

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 02:02 AM
link   
So I looked at a few other of the "blog" posts around the original link(bear in mind, that was april 1st(fools)).

I'm actually shocked and appalled at what I see.

This is, likely, no doubt, the official cia.gov site.

It looks like a 20 year old child is at the helm. Sure, I get it, it's the interwebs and all, you need some social media tard to run it, but my god.

I hate the "deep state" unelected actors that weave and guide the US from war to war while sucking away every last breath of freedom we have.....but my f'ing god.

Why the hell do I goto the site(admittedly the first time I have) and get inundated with the same lowest common denominator level of "social media" garbage I'd get from a local carpet store retailer.

Damn, you could do some much better, hire a poet or something and not some tight pants child to run your "social media/web" interface.

I really, really do hope I'm wrong and this whole thing(site) is a joke, but man, I'm so disappointed if it's legit.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I've read several of the docs at the link. They certainly seem legit, as well as obviously the main URL.

I don't know what to make of this, but my earlier comments stand with regard to horrid unprofessional nature of an agency that is subjugating the human race/freedom with some 20 year old social media dimwit at the helm.

That said, I realize I may have diminished the OP's post and that was surely not my intent, I fell pray to ramblings of a fool(i'll never deny I'm not).

These are well worth the read, but I still question the release date as well as the intention of the source.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Their Facebook page has a post that links to the same page. They updated their front page image the same day, too.. but I think to send a less distant face.. idk

But worth to go thru and if it does turn out to be a prank, no one will thrust them for honest info again on the topic.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 02:31 AM
link   

ENJOY!

www.cia.gov...

I'm watching yinz🙄🙄🙄

Thanks Springer I'll give it a gander

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

I would have though that staffers would have gotten the memo first.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Can someone verify this isn't loaded with trojans or a field test for a virus/worm or something?

The original seems to be January 2016
And this Scully would love to read number 3, but... trust issues. So if someone could give me the meat on that, I'd know if it's worth it.

Oh look it's on wiki too.
And at the end the criticism is still the problem, right? We have to assume the CIA has chosen these documents to lead us to a certain conclusion.

edit on 10-4-2020 by Peeple because: add

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 06:41 AM
link   

odd and interesting. Thanks for bringing it and Thanks Robbie.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Thanks Springer!

I especially love this snippet before consuming,

The truth is out there, and it’s your time to find it. Click the links to begin your search.

🤭🤭🤫

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   

The truth is out there, and it’s your time to find it.

Be careful what you click on, the links are for both 1952 and 53 but who clicks on Spain first?

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I have used the CIA Factbook for quite a few years but this is new to me. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

The site is legit and has been up for years. ATS member gladtobehere referenced it last April but it was shared by other members long ago.

One of the most interesting things I've read there was a report detailing the process used in an experiment to contact beings in another dimension. Step by step instructions.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DukeMisterio

There is nothing about the CIA UFO pages in that thread, did I miss it?

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   
WOW! HAHAHA Fact or Fiction was posted on Aprils FOOLS DAY!! WHAT A HOOT!! On that note, I cant wait to read thru it!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join