It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America lost the war

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioKnecht

I am still not convinced that this was an attack. Something happened in China and some Chinese government officials tried to hide it and made it worse. It spread worldwide and broke the economy. They are now trying to get their own economy somewhat functional. They got the problem first and they will recover first. I don’t see this as them winning just because they are the ones starting to get back up from a fall first because they were the first one down.

Without the entire world economy working, who exactly is going to buy that ‘Made in China’ stuff.

In the long run, I see more local manufacturing. We all win, with some Chinese loss of customers.

edit on 4 8 2020 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I dont necessarily disagree with the premise, though I believe its still ongoing.

However, if thats whats going on.. China started it *decades* ago, with the help of some people in very high places in the US.

If you think this started in the last few years, you would be mistaken.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
You see decay, calamity and gloom. I see opportunity and a re-set. Not just money, but behavioral.

A lot of parasite failure, and opportunity for the resurgence of Mom and Pop enterprises. Bare bones, this ain't no Disco....

The best opportunity to cast off China, back into smoke and Bicycles. The way they were for centuries.
Our leadership in the free world assured, and able to pick loyal allies and share that loyalty, beneficial to all.

Teaming up with India for mutual prosperity.

I shun people like you present as failure with no hope. Wrong, America is Resilient .. And still Powerful.

Please point me out to where I talked about "decay, calamity and gloom". I talked about an economic war and who is winning and who is losing. That's it.

It is indeed a reset, and this means to a different way of seeing things and thinking and also living. A behavioural change, for sure, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

However, if you see China as going back to the opium wars and boxer rebellion eras, I hate to pop your cherry, but it just ain't happening. You may not like them (I know I don't), but that doesn't mean they're stupid.

And I am sorry to burst your bubble, but at the world stage, America's place has suffered a severe beating under Trump. NATO has been weakened by Trump. Boris Johnson cancelled its visit to the US after Trump hung up the phone on him. The European Union distrusts the US and is going it alone.

Can't you remember that those countries that Trump has disrespected, fought wars along America, bled next to Americans and raised back to prosperity thanks to and next to America? And now they are walking away shaking their heads in disbelief.

So please, by all means, tell me who "those loyal allies are" right now? Noth Korea? Turkey? Saudi Arabia?
edit on 8-4-2020 by RadioKnecht because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

Seriously though, Trump is privy to info we don't have so I hope he's got a plan, otherwise, America will lose for real.

That’s not true. We have access to all the info that Trump has. All you have to do is listen to One America News, Russia Today, and Fox News.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

I agree with your post and perhaps you may be right. I really hope you are.

The cynicial part in me still believes that there was some planning in this all. And if that were to be the case, I really fear the added up effects that America's retaliation on China will bring to all of us

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioKnecht
All you fools with your head turned inwards to domestic policy and Trump this and Trump that, don't seem to realize that America lost the third world war, which was fought without a single shot being fired.

The third world war was an economic one. America started it against China, and whether you accept it, realize it or deny it, the fact is that America lost it.

With the single release of a microscopic agent, China has crippled American economy. Just look at the crash of the GDP, the exponential increase of unemployment claims, the turmoil of the market, the expansion of people requiring extraordinary measures (such as the money handouts) to keep afloat.

And not only that, but with an uber practical and radical real politik approach, China has been swift in taking advantage of Trump's miopic "America First" diatribes and demagoguery, moving fast to occupy the vaccuum left by the US, in taking a leading role at the international level. Chinese equipment, doctors, supplies, and soft excercises of power have inundated the world the past three weeks, while the US is discussing if Trump's interests in hydrocloiquine companies or Dr. Fauci's facepalms actually mean something.

Maybe you don't see it now, but this pandemic has changed the world. No doubt the world will keep on moving forward. Just not with America in the front this time. If that is a good or bad thing, remains to be seen.

I wouldn't say China won anything.. If anything, they possibly won a battle, but the war you speak of is far from over... Once all these countries begin pulling manufacturing out of China, their economy will take a massive hit as well. Who will want to build anything in China ever again? They maybe took a shot, which not only hurt the US, but hurt many other nations around the world, but they pissed off a lot of countries against them.... Who knows, maybe countries decide to put a value/figure on damages from China for this virus.. maybe this is a way for countries to wipe out a lot of the debt china holds... Whats the end game for China if they did in fact strike against the US? The US buys up the majority of their cheap sh*t. If we stop buying it, they will begin to hurt fast...

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
You will never rebuild your self esteem this way.
You are wasting your time with political trolling, which is actually against t&c's
But more importantly you are not that good at it and I bet your mother would be very disappointed at your behavior.

Most accurate response of the thread.

Keep in mind, the same people telling the OP that the U.S. economy is screwed were telling him Trump wouldn't win and that the economy would never recover from the downturn on election night. Obviously Trump won, and the economy was doing just fine under Trump until a global pandemic (temporarily) knocked it off track.

The sad part is, many of these wackos were praying for something like this to happen just because they needed the help in the 2020 election again Trump. Nevermind that millions of working-class people would be hurt by it.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
Whats the end game for China if they did in fact strike against the US? The US buys up the majority of their cheap sh*t. If we stop buying it, they will begin to hurt fast...

And we will just start buying cheap # from elsewhere, like India. China has no "trump" card in this "war," as it turns out. We have lots of other options besides them.

But, some people just love to hear "America is losing" so much that they don't stop to think whether the narrative they're being sold makes sense.
edit on 8 4 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The thing is this virus showed the entire world that Globalism is not the answer we were told it was. You will see a resurgence of domestic manufacturing in most countries, due to this outbreak. Most countries will refuse to let something like this happen again, if they can.

And with that, Chinese citizens are mostly poor. They will not be buying up all their own products. If this was war, they aren't exactly in a position of power with this move.

China is literally crapping their pants, you just don't see it. I run a business where all of my product comes from China and they are getting pushy and reducing prices astronomically in hopes of getting any type of sales right now. Being that most world economies are shut down, China is hemorrhaging.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: QUANTUMGR4V17Y
The thing is this virus showed the entire world that Globalism is not the answer we were told it was. You will see a resurgence of domestic manufacturing in most countries, due to this outbreak. Most countries will refuse to let something like this happen again, if they can.

And with that, Chinese citizens are mostly poor. They will not be buying up all their own products. If this was war, they aren't exactly in a position of power with this move.

China is literally crapping their pants, you just don't see it. I run a business where all of my product comes from China and they are getting pushy and reducing prices astronomically in hopes of getting any type of sales right now. Being that most world economies are shut down, China is hemorrhaging.

Reality^ vs. the OP's fantasy.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Don't you mean the entire world lost? Including China?

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

This are historic times,

Maybe post-historic

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

The fact that the government will be handing out checks to every American doesn't tell you something?

Not to mention the half trillion dollars that his majesty will hand out quietly to those corporations that he thinks will treat him well when he leaves office. And not to mention the millions upon millions of people who believe him to be the Savior of America. What a con job.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Trump is no Churchill. He is no statesman, but a showman and that's it. Good with the tongue,

And not even that any more. Heth gut smuch a perblem wit event gitting wierds outta he moth butt he purple cannt siege it, day kept on tinkin he same kinad junious.

But seriously, do they not see these gaffs of his? Maybe those are not shown on Fox or OAN. Or maybe they just feel so ashamed at this blubbering fool that all they can do is point to Bidens' gaffs as well. I don't know.

edit on 30America/ChicagoWed, 08 Apr 2020 14:12:55 -0500Wed, 08 Apr 2020 14:12:55 -050020042020-04-08T14:12:55-05:00200000012 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

And ain't that the truth.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Give. us. a. better. candidate.

Sheesh. None of this is rocket surgery. Trump got elected because he was the better pick. Trump is going to get re-elected because he is still the better choice.

Everything else (and all the bitching) is just pigsqueel zooting.

edit on 8-4-2020 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Biden doesn't have "gaffs" anymore. We are way past that. He is a senile old man with a serious mental deficiency and he has no business running the race (which is hard enough), let alone running the country.

All the President has to do is pretend that Bunker Joe is too senile to lead us (his flips on closing the border to China are evidence enough) and he wins. End of.

Joe Rogan called it. The DNC are playing us all for fools. They deserve to be destroyed as a party and go the way of the whigs.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

That's the problem with ideology and any other "ism" (e.g. patriot"ism", capital"ism", commun"ism", femin"ism", national"ism", etc. etc.), they are blindfolds that do not let you accept and apprehend reality as it is and as it comes. Ideology becomes a straightjacket for the mind.

So salient. A big problem with all the ism's is that they depend upon weak cognitive abilities and need to be defended rather than to admit that weakness. The're belief systems and belief systems are more easily turned into hyper-belief systems than they are to get out of.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It all cuts both ways. If the developed world is in shut-down, then they are not buying stuff made in China.

Besides, if one good thing comes out of this pandemic it will be a repatriation of base manufacturing to avoid economic dependency. It was happening before the pandemic, and will now accelerate.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Yep. I woke up this morning and almost did not want to get up. From the beginning of the Dems campaign I held out hope that the Dems would be smarter than that. I was wrong again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join