It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America lost the war

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
a reply to: RadioKnecht

Guy China is Interwoven with us just as we are with them, and we are not the only country that uses China for cheap labor and manufactoring.

The entire world is in an Economic repression not just China and the USA but the World. Yea we use China for lots of things, But they use us for an equal ammount of things i.e. soy beans, Oil, maybe not the variety we use them for but definatly an equal ammount monetarily.

I'm not sure what is with all this America doom doom doom talk , but its annoying. This Virus was not good for China and anyone who thinks it was is a ''Fool" as you so eloquently put it .

I think also that you misunderstand the way the World works , You really think all of the USA power rest on the brittle nature of money. Oh no the USA and other countries who understand the true nature of Power would never let something as ficial as Money stand in there way. We simply use money to control those who cant see past money, Power is Power and money is but a tool with which to manipulate others who do not know the difference.

I loved your reply! It is unprovable, but undeniably true.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   

LOL, I haven't posted here for months but this level of delusion was too much. If we accept your premise, we are in the first battle of WW3 and you're already declaring a winner and loser! In your scenario the US basically went down without a fight, hell they didn't even take a swing.

If you really believe this, I wish you luck.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Cant declare china the winner when we haven't even hit half time yet.

I have a sneaking suspicion that if any actual proof occurs that china did release a modified virus either by accident or on purpose the rest of the world hasent even answered yet.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Double.
Double..
Toil.....
edit on 11-4-2020 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I actually think the opposite, I think America will decide after this, that this can't happen again, it needs to make it's own health care products not depend on cheap stuff from China which when it has it's outbreak of nasties can't be depended on.
In my opinion North America moved forward in a proper way and needs to be self sufficient with the new trade deal.
Send the cheap labor to Mexico, put the hi-tech factories in either America or Canada, and it's time for North America to build everything here from A-Z. Cost is not everything, we need to be self-sufficient as a geographical block.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: FingerMan

Guy China is Interwoven with us just as we are with them, and we are not the only country that uses China for cheap labor and manufactoring.

The entire world is in an Economic repression not just China and the USA but the World. Yea we use China for lots of things, But they use us for an equal ammount of things i.e. soy beans, Oil, maybe not the variety we use them for but definatly an equal ammount monetarily.

I'm not sure what is with all this America doom doom doom talk , but its annoying. This Virus was not good for China and anyone who thinks it was is a ''Fool" as you so eloquently put it .

I think also that you misunderstand the way the World works , You really think all of the USA power rest on the brittle nature of money. Oh no the USA and other countries who understand the true nature of Power would never let something as ficial as Money stand in there way. We simply use money to control those who cant see past money, Power is Power and money is but a tool with which to manipulate others who do not know the difference.

I loved your reply! It is unprovable, but undeniably true.

lol thank you, I think ?

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

I actually think the opposite, I think America will decide after this, that this can't happen again, it needs to make it's own health care products not depend on cheap stuff from China which when it has it's outbreak of nasties can't be depended on.
In my opinion North America moved forward in a proper way and needs to be self sufficient with the new trade deal.
Send the cheap labor to Mexico, put the hi-tech factories in either America or Canada, and it's time for North America to build everything here from A-Z. Cost is not everything, we need to be self-sufficient as a geographical block.

Unfortunately as soon as this is over it'll be back to fake identity politics. Anyone that suggests we need to bring manufacturing back here from China will be labeled a white supremacist by the media and the Left.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

If the argument can be properly articulated any American with half a brain cell not infected with major TDS will understand this.

Or is like this-
Biden: "We need to build more N95 masks in America"
Reaction: "Yes, he is smarter than Trump."

Trump: "We need to build more N95 masks in America"
Reaction: "He is an idiot and that's racist"

Are Americans so polarized now that they left their brains at the door when it comes to what is truly best for all Americans.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
a reply to: face23785

If the argument can be properly articulated any American with half a brain cell not infected with major TDS will understand this.

Or is like this-
Biden: "We need to build more N95 masks in America"
Reaction: "Yes, he is smarter than Trump."

Trump: "We need to build more N95 masks in America"
Reaction: "He is an idiot and that's racist"

Are Americans so polarized now that they left their brains at the door when it comes to what is truly best for all Americans.

That's exactly what will happen. Look at how the Democrats were for a barrier at the border until Trump was for it, then all of a sudden they're against it. They were perfectly okay with kids being kept in cages under Obama, but once Trump got elected it was a crime against humanity.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
China hurt more then America's economy.

And when this is over these countires are going to ask china for the bill for all of this...if they dont pay, then they will pay

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

And when this is over these countires are going to ask china for the bill for all of this...if they dont pay, then they will pay

Maybe, but that is a loaded statement for sure.

China has numerous countries, probably entire continents in there pocket. Making them a public pariah may not be the best idea, honor is still a real word in Asian nations .

We may need to handle them carefully, something tells me China'a penance will come in the form of Debt forgiveness if at all honestly.
edit on 11-4-2020 by asabuvsobelow because: more info

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

Maybe, but that is a loaded statement for sure.

China has numerous countries, probably entire continents in there pocket. Making them a public pariah may not be the best idea, honor is still a real word in Asian nations .

We may need to handle them carefully, something tells me China'a penance will come in the form of Debt forgiveness if at all honestly.

What countries are in Chinas pocket that will stand by them and not affected by this virus?

They will pay in some way...debt forgiveness, sanctions, maybe Americas will no longer like the idea of everything being made in china.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

dont need to pay off a country.. only the leader.. look towards the human rights abuses and how much support they had regarding their humans rights and how they tried to redefine it..

theres also quite a few countries in debt due to the belt and road initiative that kind of puts those countries in chinas pocket.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Has anyone of you actually been to China? No?
Have you been to the Middle East?

Their buildings sure do look nice. Til you look a little closer. They are extremely cheaply made, and have very little regulation or oversight. The cheap laborers die by the dozens on these sites. And residents complain of extremely shoddy workmanship to include the materials.

Remember all of the "death escalators and elevators" of China?

My point is, their opulence is an illusion. It is obvious to literally everyone who has spent time in these locations.

My more salient earlier point is; the economic disparity between China and the US happened overnight. The correction will also happen overnight. It's a blip on the screen. A major reason Trump was elected IMO is that President Obama called the 21st Century the China Century. He was a defeatist that clearly despised and did not understand the country in which he led.

How can so many sheeple believe that China will overtake the US in any fashion? I find it intellectually lonely to see such statements. Look at a map for crying out loud. They are surrounded by the United States. Look at the allies of the US, and all of the military bases. Then look at the economy of China and how it stays afloat. If President Trump were to sneeze in the wrong direction, China's economy would collapse completely. (To be fair, some of our economic growth has been sustained on an influx of cheap products)(Cheap labor will soon be had else where)

In the numbers game, China has 3x's more people than the US. And yet their GDP is still smaller. As wages rise for the workers of China, their GDP will also increase. But the per capita, per household will not be anywhere near the US. So in the numbers game, China is still WOEFULLY behind the US. China's economy is based on lies, cheating, manipulation, stealing of intellectual property, and CHEAP UNREGULATED LABOR. All of the reasons I posted are true. None of the reasons I posted are SUSTAINABLE. Cheap labor will relocate, and is in the process of doing that now.

Fear mongering against China is unwarranted. Sure, you should be angry at what they have done and are doing. But we are in the process of a massive correction as we speak. And because of this virus, the correction will undoubtedly be even bigger now.

I won't write a book here. But India is on the verge of taking the Cheap Labor sector largely from China. Secondly, the USMCA will see many manufacturers relocating to Mexico. Which I find poetic. Donald Trump drafted a solution to deal with the immigration issue from Mexico. Make them a rich country. No need for that wall in a decade. Once the USMCA gets rolling, you will begin to see a ton of investment into Mexico.

And get ready for it. In a decade you can read the WP or the NYT articles on how the 21st Century will belong to India or Mexico. But hopefully, by that time, our population won't have such a knee-jerk reaction and follow these pied pipers.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FingerMan

I've been to Qatar. Got to go to Doha for an afternoon. You wanna talk about smoke and mirrors. Your description here is accurate.

This thread is nothing more than the wet dream fantasies of someone who hates America. Sheltered, pathetic nonsense. Zero awareness of what the world is really like.
edit on 11 4 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioKnecht

First of all, I'm not your "bro".

Second, please stick to the facts. I posit that the virus is part of the economic war China and the US waged. I stated that with the virus, the US economy has been crippled. This is a fact, regardless of all the patriotic thumps in the chest you may do.

Unemployment rate in the US is 14.4%. The highest since 1940 and going up.

The market crash has been the worst since 1987.

The worst GDP reduction in the past 100 years is HERE.

China couldn't care less about what the world thinks of them, they're interested in securing allies, clients and that's what they are doing.

Regarding the possible threats, China has the US in its pocket. The US owes 1.07 trillion dollars to China. That means that, on average, each american citizen owes $4,280 to China. All China has to do is cash in that debt.

I mean, you can stick your head in the sand all you want, but that doesn't change anything. Believe all you want the "alternative facts" that your dear leader is feeding you. Reality at the end is overwhelming.

Interestingly, the Japanese own slightly more U.S. Treasury holdings than the Chinese. And I fail to see how it would help China’s economy by harming ours, since they sell almost a fifth of their exports to us. The U.S. comprises 30 percent of the world consumer market. If you want to export products, you depend largely on the ability of Americans to buy your stuff. That requires a sound U.S. economy with high employment. There’s no getting around it until the rest of the world starts consuming more.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

Trust me I have no disdain and hatred for America, but patriotism doesn't blind me. That's the problem with ideology and any other "ism" (e.g. patriot"ism", capital"ism", commun"ism", femin"ism", national"ism", etc. etc.), they are blindfolds that do not let you accept and apprehend reality as it is and as it comes. Ideology becomes a straightjacket for the mind.

With its chiaroscuri -its ups and downs, America has been a somewhat good leader. Infinetely better than a nazi germany, for instance, would have been. It is troubling and painful to see that America is losing its leader status. And like it or not, Trump has been instrumental in this. I am really sorry, but that is the way it is. "America first" has brought consequences at the international level, and there is huge vaccuum left by the place the US used to occupy at the world stage, and other world powers -China included- are moving fast to fill it.

You may be quite right in that I may have confused a battle with the actual war. In any case, I think it would not be a stretch to say that America has lost this battle, would you agree?

Please show me where I say that having a third-world America is my fantasy? I will sit and wait.
How has being the world leader benefited America? It’s been an enormous burden as far as I can tell. Our $700 billion defense budget doesn’t really protect the United States, does it? I mean, who’s going to invade us? And we’ve lost half a million young lives in foreign wars in the last century that had little to do with our security. Let China be the world leader since they want it so badly. All our so-called allies despise us and show zero gratitude for the blood and treasure we’ve lost defending them. Screw the rest of the world. This pandemic is the perfect time to become isolationist.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace

First of all, I'm not your "bro".

Second, please stick to the facts. I posit that the virus is part of the economic war China and the US waged. I stated that with the virus, the US economy has been crippled. This is a fact, regardless of all the patriotic thumps in the chest you may do.

Unemployment rate in the US is 14.4%. The highest since 1940 and going up.

The market crash has been the worst since 1987.

The worst GDP reduction in the past 100 years is HERE.

China couldn't care less about what the world thinks of them, they're interested in securing allies, clients and that's what they are doing.

Regarding the possible threats, China has the US in its pocket. The US owes 1.07 trillion dollars to China. That means that, on average, each american citizen owes $4,280 to China. All China has to do is cash in that debt.

I mean, you can stick your head in the sand all you want, but that doesn't change anything. Believe all you want the "alternative facts" that your dear leader is feeding you. Reality at the end is overwhelming.

Interestingly, the Japanese own slightly more U.S. Treasury holdings than the Chinese. And I fail to see how it would help China’s economy by harming ours, since they sell almost a fifth of their exports to us. The U.S. comprises 30 percent of the world consumer market. If you want to export products, you depend largely on the ability of Americans to buy your stuff. That requires a sound U.S. economy with high employment. There’s no getting around it until the rest of the world starts consuming more.

I love the whole "China has the US under their thumb because they own some of the US's debt" myth. They own less than 5% of our debt. If they ever asked for it back, we'd just finance it from somewhere else. People really need to think and stop listening to Chinese propaganda.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
If China really intended to cripple the worlds economy it dropped an Abomb and is going to suffer from the fallout. Who paid for all the goods from China? The western world it crippled... who will pay for it now? Nobody. This seems quite short sighted no? If they were taking advantage of America’s internal politics, I’d argue the folks who are supporting China here (Biden, Hillary, Pelosi, the Democrats...) are the ones whom China is taking advantage of. Their need to knee jerk to prove some sort of social moral superiority causes them to act without thinking.

Btw, this already didn’t age well CNN now calling hydrocloiquine a source of “hope” as testing is showing promise. They along with you only days earlier calling it a face palm moment, with some Democrats thinking to try and have trump impeached over it or tried for crimes against humanity.

You’ve played your hand, it’s about your own political bias you’re trying to push orange man bad here.

The ones being used are CNN and their seal audience.

I agree China is not America’s ally.

edit on 13-4-2020 by Rob808 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join