It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Scientists Say Virus Can Spread By Talking To Or Being Close To Someone.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Sorry I can't link from my phone but I found this on ccn.com. It seems that Japanese scientists have just concluded a study that shows that micro droplets expelled by people talking to one another can spread the virus. The micro droplets stay airborne long enough that just being near someone can spread it. No coughs or sneezes necessary.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

The name of the article is "Japanese scientists find new coronavirus transmission route in breakthrough study".
edit on 3/30/2020 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Japanese scientists find new coronavirus transmission route

Highlights...

Scientists in Japan discovered that micro particles could be causing coronavirus to spread much faster.

Simple conversations in close proximity could spread the virus without coughs and sneezes.

As CCN.com previously reported, both surgical and N-95 masks cannot prevent viral coronavirus particles from entering one’s body. If the coronavirus particles are suspected to be micrometer particles, it becomes all the more difficult to stop infection.

Keep in mind, this is CCN. Also circulating on Reddit, so take it for what it is worth.

You owe me a cookie.

edit on 30-3-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Seems like we should all be wearing masks for good hygiene from now on...

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   
If masks won't help then why would they recommend infected people use masks to "stop the spread"?

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay Electronica
Seems like we should all be wearing masks for good hygiene from now on...

Way to not read the quoted part.

Key words being cannot and prevent.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Preventing the spread of the virus by those who are sick (or infected but asymptomatic) by wearing a mask is not the same as saying a mask will prevent someone who is not infected from becoming infected.

The 2 are not mutually exclusive

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Preventing the spread of the virus by those who are sick (or infected but asymptomatic) by wearing a mask is not the same as saying a mask will prevent someone who is not infected from becoming infected.

The 2 are not mutually exclusive

Exactly. You could feel just fine and be unknowingly spreading the virus just by talking to a grocery store cashier. It should probably be mandatory for everyone to wear masks when in public.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Japanese scientists find new coronavirus transmission route

Highlights...

Scientists in Japan discovered that micro particles could be causing coronavirus to spread much faster.

Simple conversations in close proximity could spread the virus without coughs and sneezes.

As CCN.com previously reported, both surgical and N-95 masks cannot prevent viral coronavirus particles from entering one’s body. If the coronavirus particles are suspected to be micrometer particles, it becomes all the more difficult to stop infection.

Keep in mind, this is CCN. Also circulating on Reddit, so take it for what it is worth.

You owe me a cookie.

Thank you kind soul. Take two cookies, they're small.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   

They may stop infected people spreading it further i suppose.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   

That had been known since China. Why you think everyone was forced to wear masks? It blocks the droplet from flying out of peoples mouth.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The recommended 6 feet apart physical distancing might not be far enough apart....

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   
You have all heard of the wind talkers of WWII? Well, these are the spit talkers of covid-19.

Everyone has run into that person who cant seem to keep his saliva to himself when he speaks. The problem is that, on a much smaller scale, most people are probably guilty of the same thing. Its just not noticeable so it goes uncorrected.

Scent is particles of mass. If you can smell it - you are exposed to it. Whether it is a virus that can remain viable during that transfer is the sticking point.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
If masks won't help then why would they recommend infected people use masks to "stop the spread"?

"Cannot prevent" does not mean "won't help". Body armour cannot prevent bullets from entering the body, but it gives you much better odds of stopping one.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

POPEYCOCK!!!

Sweeping this away with my fear broom now!

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Cant be in all cases or I would have had it, I stood close enough to the person to exchange papers, have him take my vitals and we were in one of those little cubicle exam rooms for a solid 10 mins.

Few days later he was diagnosed where I still haven't shown a symptom 25 days later.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Still can't touch your mouth or nose, keeps flem in. The airborne particles get through the mask, but its transmissible in a variety of ways. Just mitigating the risks the best they can and provides a sense of comfort.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
Sorry I can't link from my phone but I found this on ccn.com. It seems that Japanese scientists have just concluded a study that shows that micro droplets expelled by people talking to one another can spread the virus. The micro droplets stay airborne long enough that just being near someone can spread it. No coughs or sneezes necessary.

DB told us long ago when ATS was just getting infected with this virus. In no uncertain terms that the virus was airborne.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   
If you were to add a water molecule to the virus they are effective enough,given the 3 meter requirement for distancing.

I think what's being expressed here is that there are circumstances where washing your hands and physical spacing isn't enough.
that because of the lack of masks(and eye protection) on a mass scale it was/is better to ask that we limit our exposure and simply stay home.

The case trajectory alone (in the link below) speaks for it's self as to the importance of respiratory protection to this particular disease

There is a reason first responders wear these.
Do what they do,not what they say.
www.maskssavelives.org...
edit on 30-3-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

It should probably be mandatory for everyone to wear masks when in public.

I wear an N52 mask and gloves every time I go shopping , and a fresh pair of gloves and the N52 when I drop off my dads share of groceries

top topics

<<   2 >>

join