It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What states are "locked down"?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Lots of rumblings today that Michigan is next. Governor press conference at 11 am est.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Michigan is shutting down.
www.michigan.gov...

Houston, Texas said in a press conference at 9:30am that they are not ready to make that decision yet but that decision may come as early as later today.

Indiana shut down.
www.chicagotribune.com...
edit on 3/23/2020 by Genfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Genfinity

Michigan Governor did not issue a lockdown order. She only issued a confusing executive order that was the same as her voluntary recommendations that were in effect yesterday with a long list of interpretable essential services.

This order may make it more official for those seeking unemployment benefits and services. It really isn't changing much in many minds according to the main Michigan posts on social media.

I do believe she is baby stepping towards full lockdown, but has not established the necessary enforcement and essential identifications across the state to ensure handling of those who willingly will not isolate.

I give them a week at the most and she will be officially locking down the State as they did in Illinois and Ohio.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers just issued a stay at home order today.

js online.com

edit on 3/23/20 by thov420 because: spelling

edit on 3/23/20 by thov420 because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Mar 23 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Washington state governor Jay Inslee just issued a stay at home order for Washington State.
Washington State stay at home

Bad news for every category..

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:30 AM
link   
www.houstonchronicle.com... lid=IwAR2gsI-s8YVeuHoZrTgiYmqrUNuig23PYUYzAxLQ6Q64PbSgiZ0Yk-Quibs

Look like Houston will shut down today at noon. Source is Houston's local newspaper. For those of you under 30 years old, a newspaper is a relic of the past. lol

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:00 AM
link   
New Mexico goes on lock down Tuesday morning all non essential businesses . there is only 83 cases. Yet some of these people have gotten better , yet there still counted. No deaths reported either.

Hospitals are getting ready . there also telling nurses to use masks more than several times. Even if they have no corona patients. they know they will contact it. Also heard some hospitals have TB patients and others with infectious diseases. The nurses still have to use the same masks over and over again. So there quitting. I know a few that have.

Also New Mexico does not have a very good employment rate to begin with . Albuquerque has 4.3 percent , Other towns are high as 6 percent. This will make it so much worse . I don't see New Mexico recovering from this economic stand still for a while.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
New Mexico has shut down.
www.reuters.com...

Houston and neighboring Galveston have shut down or will at midnight tonight.
www.houstonchronicle.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Virginia public schools are closed for the remainder of the school year.
Colleges are also closed.
Most have or are going to online classes.
Other closures include most non essential businesses.
Public transportation remains open.
People are still allowed to be out.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
a reply to: Genfinity

Michigan Governor did not issue a lockdown order. She only issued a confusing executive order that was the same as her voluntary recommendations that were in effect yesterday with a long list of interpretable essential services.

This order may make it more official for those seeking unemployment benefits and services. It really isn't changing much in many minds according to the main Michigan posts on social media.

I do believe she is baby stepping towards full lockdown, but has not established the necessary enforcement and essential identifications across the state to ensure handling of those who willingly will not isolate.

I give them a week at the most and she will be officially locking down the State as they did in Illinois and Ohio.

I've been placed on "Temporary Indefinite Leave". Although the employee handbook states that an unemployment claim is likely to be denied, they sent an email that said we should make an unemployment claim.

I also suspect this is a prelude to full lock down. Those National Guard troops will already be in place while they are helping with supply lines.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I'm off too but they have a return date. I'm sure it's just optimism but well see.

Least it's been quiet up here

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: SJE98

Also New Mexico does not have a very good employment rate to begin with . Albuquerque has 4.3 percent , Other towns are high as 6 percent. This will make it so much worse . I don't see New Mexico recovering from this economic stand still for a while.

I had to close my store and lay off my helpers. I don't think I can reopen. I'l just sell my remaining inventory on ebay. All the other shops, barber, galleries, massage therapist, gift shops, are all locked up and their employees let go.... How long will this BS go on!!

My union gigs are shut down but at least I still get $$$ help from my union. Union proud, Union strong!

edit on 25-3-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
No state-mandated lockdown in Georgia leaving it up to counties cities and municipalities. Atlanta is lock downed. Stay at home order in our town, and the grocery stores have built back up their inventory somewhat

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
No state-mandated lockdown in Georgia leaving it up to counties cities and municipalities. Atlanta is lock downed. Stay at home order in our town, and the grocery stores have built back up their inventory somewhat

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I saw Florida mentioned a couple times in this thread and just wanted to report on what’s actually happening here in Broward County.

While many people are home from work, going to the grocery store seems like business as usual and Publix has most of the inventory back in stock. We went to essential-only last Friday, yet smoke/vape shops are still open. Pawn shops were deemed essential by DeSantis on Monday and were allowed to remain open. The shooting range my wife and I frequent is still open, but they also sell firearms and there could be a potential 2nd Amendment violation by forcing them to close.

I was appalled yesterday at the grocery store to see so many people packing into tight quarters without any kind of protection at all, not distancing themselves from others. Dish gloves and a bandana over the face would be better than nothing but people had no problem bumping into each other in the chip/cookie aisle.

Restaurants are still doing take out/delivery. I do not think it’s worth the risk, nor is it wise to spend the extra money on UberEats/Postmates service charges (delivery charges are waived temporarily). Very few restaurants will I actually order from, only the ones where I know the management.

It certainly does not feel like a lockdown here, however, this is an area that’s been closed due to hurricanes at least once a year for years now.....and people are stupid, so I can’t say I’m surprised. There’s certainly ZERO enforcement of this lockdown. I’ve drafted my employees letters in case they’re stopped by police on the way into work, deeming them essential but it doesn’t seem to be a concern at all. (I’m a Chief Engineer at a property management company that owns the office campus I work at. We maintain several government agencies, a division of Broward Sheriff’s Office and one of CBS’ broadcasting offices.)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Tim Walz, Governor of MN just issued stay at home as well today.

www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Gov. Susanne M, shut down New Mexico but all the people I know don't pay much attention to politicians. You can imagine their response when I told them Gov. Martinez closed the state and we were supposed to stay home.
Folks on the rez and in the barrios look at life a little different than us gringos. To their credit I might add...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join