It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What states are "locked down"?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Florida is mostly locked down (and it should be after spring break, considering its retired population).
www.wsj.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Genfinity

New Jersey will be this weekend.

Yay us!

in exactly 10 minutes.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Not a state, but Dallas county Texas ramped up its restrictions considerably today.
No non-essential businesses to open, such as hair and nail salons. Rationing of toilet paper. Etc.
www.google.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Was thinking of making this exact thread, nice work.

Michigan is still open although many restrictions for public service businesses are in place as well as schools and campuses closed.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   
New Jersey just hit, 9pm.

Oregon

Oregon stay-at-home order
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown on Friday told residents to stay home, calling the directive "both an order and a public awareness campaign." "I am directing Oregonians tonight to stay home to stay healthy. Social distancing done well and done early can save lives," Brown said in a press conference.

Link

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
They just locked down the core KC Metro area. I am in lock down by about 4 blocks until April 24. Two counties on the KS side and the Kansas City, MO, metro. If I lived in Gladstone or Kansas City North, both between where I am at and the urban core, I would not be on lockdown, and I miss being in Gladstone by 4 blocks.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Im hearing different, my brother drives a semi for a produce company and his route takes him through northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin and he said most grocery stores are empty and my dad drives 90 from Elk Grove Village to Chicago daily and he just told me that he has never seen 90 that empty on a Saturday.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   

AL shutdown all bars and restaurants excluding take out and to go orders. Also schools. GA is still pretty open aside from schools.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I was out as well to the store etc. And saw everything you saw. And said the same thing that the financial fallout is going to hit very soon with people in the hospitality industry etc. I know a lot and I used to be in it awhile back.

But I can’t understand why it’s hard for some to grasp that this lockdown is to try to keep the rate down so the hospitals don’t get slammed all at once.

I was very skeptical for awhile. But it’s clear the domino effect has started. Doesn’t matter what you think. It’s a global thing.

And yeah, in my somewhat shock this seems surreal. It’s definitely historical. I personally started to get this feeling earlier looking around outside that we’re all starting to take cover from something that’s beyond our grasp currently.

Remember, even pneumonia’s are bad. I had it yeeears ago and I was amazed how bad I felt. I used to get them as a kid. Some people never got it. Who knows how they’ll react to it. But I dealt with a few nasty physical pains in my life. Pneumonia is different beast and up there on the list of being shockingly bad. For me personally I literally felt like I was dying. Lost weight etc.

This thing is apparently highly contagious. Imagine a ton of people getting infected in the same time frame.

People freaking out who never had pneumonia. Seeking medical attention with hospitals packed.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Thanks for the updates. Please keep them coming.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:01 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Fox News just reported CA, NY, Illinois, NJ, and I think Connecticut.
This article talks about Oregon on some kind of stay at home guidance. I guess guidance is not mandatory.
I figure since CA went on mandatory lockdown around 600 cases other state governors may overreact and put the entire state under lock down instead of counties if the total state count increases to around 600 in less than or about 10 to 14 days possibly indicating uncontrolled spread. I believe the true number of cases is a lot higher than official numbers since testing is still ramping up. Many large US states cover a wide area and putting the entire state on lock down seems like an over reaction when only zero to a few cases are detected in most of the state.

I read a number of states have county lock downs.
Keep your distance. Wash your hands and spray down steering wheel, door knobs and handles if you need to go out. Stay safe. 99% will make it through this.

Link
www.usatoday.com...

Both counties I'm moving from and to now have one or two detected cases out of everyone who lives there but I'm worried the governors will put the whole states on lock downs when only 3 or 4 counties covering less than 10% of each state geographically get close to 500 or 600 cases. It would be like locking down Texas or Alaska or the whole planet when only China was affected or China and Italy. I understand if governors think they need to do it but it seems like an over reaction when most areas have little to no known cases. Just my opinion. I think most people are using common sense.
edit on 22/3/20 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

edit on 22/3/20 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: orionthehunter

The metro where I'm at has about 20+ cases, but those cases did double. Still ... *sigh*. The county I am in still had zero reported cases. Not that I'm expecting that to hold, but most cases are in Johnson County, Kansas Side. There were a handful in Jackson on the Missouri side and a small cluster in Wyandotte back on the Kansas side. Then there are a smattering of single cases in various other counties. The other larger clusters in other cities -- Springfield and St. Louis.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I am hearing Seattle, Washington is shut down but I am having trouble confirming it. Can anyone confirm with a link either way?

The Governor of Texas is having a press conference at 3pm central time US. Lots of local rumors (I live in Texas) but I will wait to see what he has to say.

Thanks everybody!

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Ohio tomorrow (Monday) @ midnight.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Louisiana just shut down.
www.theadvocate.com... ouge&utm_campaign=snd&fbclid=IwAR3sAWjKl8qpwnYXOvsrIWHxbFURLInGz7--OCzlt86yyT35KeYnmIhcRJQ

As listed above, Ohio just shut down.
www.reuters.com...
edit on 3/22/2020 by Genfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Looks like the online rumor about Houston shutting down may have been true even though Houston said it wasn't.

www.click2houston.com... &utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=snd&utm_content=kprc2&fbclid=IwAR0AZMoBlU8jUjnggEIW1OTp1jsQHPyNKP4xllVc3s5oYbvMIb9j3v5mFaM

A Dallas County, Texas judge says Harris county (Houston, Texas) will issue a shelter in place order today at 9:30am. The source is NBC/KPRC channel 2 in Houston.

Harris county has more cases than neighboring Fort Bend county but per capita, Fort Bend has more cases than Harris so I expect a ton of pressure on Fort Bend county to do the same shortly after.

At that point, counties all over Texas will likely do the same (Texas has about 250 counties and about 50 are reporting cases).

Time will tell.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 02:31 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join